Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heating On Whilst Roof Down

Agonyuncle

Personally if it's that cold to need the heating on I would drive with the roof up.

No matter where you direct the heat or how high the temperature setting it's all going to immediately disappear with the roof down surely.

I would go for recycled through the floor vents only, that way the heat will rise and hopefully warm your upper body as well.

Also make sure the AC is off or you could overload it but generally below 5 degrees it doesn't kick in anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Its quit an intresting post for two reasons:

1. If someone drives with the roof up when its a cold night surely they should find the best heating settings for them by experiment. its just a matter of using the climate control without aircon ON.

2. It often amuses me to see (and yes its usually Merc owners) who drive whatever the weather with the roof down. it just cant be comfortable so it must be image.

I can understand it as with some soft tops the car looks crapand tatty with the roof down. But with the 430Sc it looks great with the roof in any position.

If its cold its roof up for me, quiter more efficient and more comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

during a recent torrential downpour there sat two cars in front was a 61 plate black C class softtop with the roof down, i can only think that he was driving with the roof down during the threat of heavy rain and got well and truly drenched as well as the electrical system that controlled the roof, stuck at the lights on red heaving down, he was heading for a railway bridge in which to seek shelter, he only had two sets of light left to negotiate.

I Laughed so much my ribs hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend the sun shone so I thought I would get the roof down for a short journey. Solved one of my queries about why the vents under my steering wheel and to the side of the foot wells did not seem to work. They must somehow be linked into the roof as with it down, hot air came through those vents.

We have had a few convertibles over our time, never a Merc, and I have always enjoyed wrapping up warm, putting the heating on and having the roof down on cool evenings/days etc. I just enjoy the open top motoring experience I guess. Not an image thing for me and, particularly with the Lotus Elise R, it was a bit of a faff putting the roof on manually so the odd shower didn't really bother me either. If you go fast enough the rain just flies over anyway!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links