Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Serviced Today By Profess Down In Lovely Wales

Well left home at 6am and believe you me that is bloody early these days for me, although I can still remember coming home at that time after a good time out, Ah those were the days.

Anyway got down to Profess and they started immediately, made me a nice cup of tea which I was grateful for as it was foul journey in terrible whether.

30 mins later all finished, they had changed an injector which they didn't charge me for replaced a filter updated the software and checked the engine mapping all of which were OK. Price £48

I also purchased a computer cable which allows me to plug the car into my laptop and that allows me through the wonders of the interweb to check all the software and update if necessary as well as checking the engine mapping and tweaking if needed, if it needs a filter they just put that in the post which I can change myself in 5 mins thus cutting out having to go down there every time it needs its yearly check or in the unlikely event should anything else goes wrong.

If it needs anything else though in the way of parts I suppose a drive down to Wales is needed.

Home by lunchtime, didn't see a single LS on the way there or back but then didn't see much of anything with the whether being so bad.

Here's to another year of trouble free LPG motoring ahead.

MOT next month, will let you know how that goes.

Mike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's good service Mike, I wish I had been able to use them instead of being forced by my local council to use one from uklpg website.

My install has not been a good experience back and forth trying to stop the smell of gas and to get it to actually run right ( runs perfectly on petrol )

If any anyone knows of a good installer nearish to Warrington that's honest please feel free to let me know.

I'm wondering what I can do about all the money I have paid if I have to pay someone else to fix it!!

That's good service Mike, I wish I had been able to use them instead of being forced by my local council to use one from uklpg website.

My install has not been a good experience back and forth trying to stop the smell of gas and to get it to actually run right ( runs perfectly on petrol )

If any anyone knows of a good installer nearish to Warrington that's honest please feel free to let me know.

I'm wondering what I can do about all the money I have paid if I have to pay someone else to fix it!!

Sorry to hear you are in trouble with the install, sadly I cant help in anyway I only wish I had a magic wand to sort it for you.

Mike

Sorry to hear you are in trouble with the install, sadly I cant help in anyway I only wish I had a magic wand to sort it for you.

Mike

PS Just had a thought go back to your council, if they are pushing for you to use certain services then as far as I am concerned they owe you to ensure that the people they are pushing have done the job properly.

Ther is a place in Worsley that I use, I'm in Ellesmere Port so not too far away.mine was done in June-2008 and have had no problems. The bloke is Karl Low, his number is 0161-728-6008.give him a bell and he will sort it out for you. :flowers:

I wouldn't waste to much time trawling around other LPG engineers as often they don't fit their systems the same as everyone else and I always think its unfair to ask another engineer to comment on what another outfit have done and to come up with some answer's. I would get straight down to that council official that pushes your people and get them involved and quickly. The longer you leave it the more resigned they become to just thinking up excuses and not sorting the problem. If other LPG garages can fit LPG systems to Lexus LS400s without any problems then they should as well without any problems of any type.

Stop taking lame duck excuses and start being positive by tackling the council. Mike

Oh I need a rest after that.

The council did not force me to use that particular installer, they forced me to use a uklpg registered installer.

I weighed up a number of installers on price and alledged knowledge of Lexi' . The installer has his own Lexus converted and has done a few 430's so I felt he would be ok.

I've been patient so far believing that it must be just a one off fault that will be identified and fixed alas this has not been the case so far.

I absolutely can't hassle the council too much as they will simply make my life a misery with red tape, and believe me when I say they have us by the short and curlies and they know it!

I will however see just how good this uklpg association is if I get no joy with a fix this time.

Now I feel like a lie down!! lol

The council did not force me to use that particular installer, they forced me to use a uklpg registered installer.

I weighed up a number of installers on price and alledged knowledge of Lexi' . The installer has his own Lexus converted and has done a few 430's so I felt he would be ok.

I've been patient so far believing that it must be just a one off fault that will be identified and fixed alas this has not been the case so far.

I absolutely can't hassle the council too much as they will simply make my life a misery with red tape, and believe me when I say they have us by the short and curlies and they know it!

I will however see just how good this uklpg association is if I get no joy with a fix this time.

Now I feel like a lie down!! lol

Sorry Pete, I thought you were forced to use a certain supplier. Definitely get onto UKLPG as they always like to give the impression that they are government appointed judge and jury for the LPG industry when in truth they haven't got any more clout in law than you or I do.

Good luck with it mate, don't let it get you down, have a cuppa and a biscuit and come out fighting again.

Mike

Hi Mike

I have a 2003 ls430 which I am thinking of covering to lpg. What is the consumption like and have you been pleased with the job. Have you heard of any problems with lpg conversions on the ls430? I had a Landrover converted which developed head problems only to be told afterwards that it was a common problem with Landrover conversions. This has made me a little wary. We're you pleased with The job

I think it is a fantastic car and would hate to wreck it.

Regards

Barry

Hi Mike

I have a 2003 ls430 which I am thinking of covering to lpg. What is the consumption like and have you been pleased with the job. Have you heard of any problems with lpg conversions on the ls430? I had a Landrover converted which developed head problems only to be told afterwards that it was a common problem with Landrover conversions. This has made me a little wary. We're you pleased with The job

I think it is a fantastic car and would hate to wreck it.

Regards

Barry

Hi Barry,

Mine is an LS400 Mk4 but I have had not a single problem with not one but two conversions done by Profess.

People go on about having lube systems fitted but the heads on our engines are designed to take non leaded petrol so there is no problem with burning valve seats and LPG is a far cleaner fuel without the contaminants that petrol contains and wreck your engine.

People also say the MPG isn't as good on LPG but quite frankly if there is any difference I don't notice it they also say you lose some engine power but again the engine is so powerful I don't notice any difference there either.

I was converted to LPG 16+ Years ago and have always had mine and the wifes cars converted by Dual Fuel in Woking who always did a fine job of the installation but always needed the car for a week plus (goodness knows what they did with the car in that time) and an awful lot of money to do the job. (£3k for the Lexus)

I had a look around the interweb and came across Profess who said they could do the job in a day and for less than half what Woking wanted, being very skeptical I ran various searches again on the interweb for anything bad about this company but could not so I bit the bullet and drove down there for 8am they gave me another car to use for the day with free LPG got back at 5pm there she was all done and waiting for me to take her for a test drive, needless to say there were no problems. Since then The wifes car has been changed with a Focus again converted by Profess again no problems.

I took my car down for its annual service yesterday which took 45 mins updating software etc bought a lead from them which in future means I can plug my laptop into the car which then converses with their computers and all software updates and engine mapping needed done without the need for driving down.

What more do you need to know? Mike

That's two votes for Worsley I wish I had chosen them in the first place!

Mike, it runs rough on gas like its not firing on all cylinders with very uneven tick over. It also won't cruise properly at a steady 40.

This guy is going to get one more chance to fix then its complaint time to uklpg.

Fingers crossed.

That's two votes for Worsley I wish I had chosen them in the first place!

Mike, it runs rough on gas like its not firing on all cylinders with very uneven tick over. It also won't cruise properly at a steady 40.

This guy is going to get one more chance to fix then its complaint time to uklpg.

Fingers crossed.

Good luck Pete.

You shouldn't be experiencing the problems you have highlighted.

Mike

Very Good mike

I LOVE LPG, had mine converted in May and ive passed the point where ive already made my money back from the conversion

Lexus LS owners are such intelligent people if not the most intelligent in the universe. We have cars which are the best engineered, the best put together, the most comfortable, with the best audio systems, with the greatest V8 engine which is coupled to the smoothest gearbox and to buy all this costs very little to buy the car and then on top of that we are paying less than half for fuel with LPG over petrol, its no wonder that Lexus LS LPG owners are the happiest people in the universe except poor Pete who is having real troubles with his LPG system after a bad install. Mike

I need a cup of tea.

Another thing odd about when it runs on gas. It failed emissions on gas on the lamda reading but flew through no probs on petrol.

Odd.

I cant guess what is wrong with your LPG system as I am not technically capable but you have isolated that the problem is with the installed system and has nothing to do with normal running ie petrol.

The smell of gas is the most worrying as you are driving a bomb and although you might find that statement as being sensationalist but its the truth.

The very least you should expect from UKLPG is that they drive the car and agree there is a smell of gas and secondly agree that there should be no rough running. From there you need to get a plan from them as to which way they and you get the problems sorted.

Keep us informed you never know we might be able to help I don't know how but you never know.

Mike

Another thing odd about when it runs on gas. It failed emissions on gas on the lamda reading but flew through no probs on petrol.

Odd.

I can guess what is wrong with your LPG system as I am not technically capable but you have isolated that the problem is with the installed system and has nothing to do with normal running ie petrol.

The smell of gas is the most worrying as you are driving a bomb and although you might find that statement as being sensationalist but its the truth.

The very least you should expect from UKLPG is that they drive the car and agree there is a smell of gas and secondly agree that there should be no rough running. From there you need to get a plan from them as to which way they and you get the problems sorted.

Keep us informed you never know we might be able to help I don't know how but you never know.

Mike

I had a problem with my 430 conversion when first done - no leaks or smell of gas but when warmed up it went into limp home mode - engine light on and running rough. It was a swine to fix but was an air leak. I have done about 100K on LPG and only had the relay that switches over to gas from petrol fail (because it got wet) up to now so the system is very reliable.

You should not drive the car if you can smell gas - do you smell gas inside the car when running on LPG or petrol or both? Do you only smell gas outside when stopped or in the boot? - I suppose the gas may get in the car from the boot if there is a leak in there.

Failing the emissions test is wrong - I am not a mechanic (an electrical and electronics engineer who knows how to troubleshoot) but know a competant mechanic should be able to diagnose this problem. If you know what you are doing you can get a OBD reader from eBay and look at what is happening on your Laptop or Tablet £10 to £25 including all the software.

Best of luck

Bren

Pete I agree with both Mike and Bren,I worked in Calor for 28 years as a tanker driver,if one of the tankers had a slight smell of gas ,the vehichle was taken off the road immediately,and moved to a safe area until the problem was repaired.Propane is more volatile (unstable)than petrol.You shouild not drive the car.Bad news I know better to get it sorted A.S.A.P. :(

Hi Mike

thank you for your reply. It is very re assuring that they seem to be a professional outfit. I think I will probably go ahead and have it done. I dont think that there is anything else that I need to know, unless anyone else out there can further reassure that it is ok to covert these cars. My wife is trying to talk me out of it following my experince with the Range Rover!

regards

Barry

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links