Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Looking At Change To Is250 Sport Instead Of Is200Se What Do You Think

You may want to check the road tax rate first.

I had a 200sport and liked it a lot. Now have the 250 sel auto and it is so much better in every respect. The road tax on my 250 SEL auto is £270pa.

I think good move... quiet engine, revs freely, chain driven cams so no cambelt service needed, same tax band as your IS200, double rear sport exhausts, Its a sport sedan so suspension will be firm like a BMW, you now get two VVT-i's for more instant responsiveness, power and better mpg holds the road better in twisty than MK1 IS200/300 more torque than IS200 more power than IS200 almost rubbing shoulders with IS300 performance wise and can do 160mph... yes this was not a typo 160mph from 2.5 litre V6 on the German autobhan in automatic form so not sure where Lexus got 140mph from. but as you know this speed is not legal on UK roads.

Test drove one when I had my cambelt service done at Lexus dealer exactly a year ago. loved the dash lights on startup back seat looked about the same to MK1 IS's even though MK2's looks bigger from the outside, demontrator took it round some bends and twisties and back end never kicked out. he even confirmed the MK1 IS's where known to kick thier back ends out a lot on twisty driving but the MK2's have been improved in the handling department. I have seen the interior of an SC430 and the MK2 IS does not have that quality of polish, fit and finish as the SC430 even though the MK2 IS has leathers but the SC430 was worth more brand new in its day than the IS so Lexus was targeting a different market with the SC's.. all in all it was a good test drive but mine was just a test drive some real owners of MK2 IS's have reported rattlying and squeking dashboards and interiors so worth listening out for interior noises during your test drive but if you have music on when driving like I do would you care about a minor creak and squeak ?? :)

Thanks for replys so far..

i looked at it for a variety of reason toys sorry spec being one with all the equipment bigger wheels etc electric this and that toys basically :whistling:

The body is black and perfect interior mint as would expect on dealer forecourt just what i want BUT

IT looks so plain (not plain boring but no fancy pieces and shiny bits)does not show out as much as i would expect

spec is what is swinging it for me but looking at it more so with BHP and other parts of spec etc could be a family car one minute and a beast the next :devil:

????? maybe

Yup, my road tax was £250 in April last year I'm afraid.

Still well worth paying that!

I can get just over 40mpg if I drive very carefully.

Normal driving will give me 34 mpg

Motorway driving gives 37 mpg, easily.

If you want toys, this could be the car for you.

You'll need to find time to study the 411 page "Navigation System Owner's Manual" though!

"IT looks so plain (not plain boring .... "

Yes, I can understand why you think that.

But I quite like that understated look.

People then don't realise how quick in can be .... ..

I used to have a Mk5 Golf GTI

The F-Sport is equal to or even better than the GTI on corners.

Argento

We had an IS200SE for six years and loved it, we changed to a manual IS250 Sport six years ago and don't regret it. The ONLY downside is £450 a year road tax. But that's just £2000 over the life of the car. We have driven both from the midlands to Orkney and I much prefer the IS250. 40plus MPG on a good run, 30MPG in the winter around town. We tried the auto IS250 but didn't like it. You can't really compare the toys on the two models, I'd be lost without the colour reversing camera!. The IS200 looks dated know IMHO, just put the two side by side and you'll see.

I think good move... quiet engine, revs freely, chain driven cams so no cambelt service needed, same tax band as your IS200, double rear sport exhausts, Its a sport sedan so suspension will be firm like a BMW, you now get two VVT-i's for more instant responsiveness, power and better mpg holds the road better in twisty than MK1 IS200/300 more torque than IS200 more power than IS200 almost rubbing shoulders with IS300 performance wise and can do 160mph... yes this was not a typo 160mph from 2.5 litre V6 on the German autobhan in automatic form so not sure where Lexus got 140mph from. but as you know this speed is not legal on UK roads.

Very interesting. Just wondering where you got the 160mph figure from?

260kph (161mph) to be exact in 5th gear with ETC-PWR activated. felt like he was cruising at 70mph. not encouraging this on UK roads tho. just confirming the real world performance of the IS250.. who needs a Porsche!!

I'd happily buy another IS200SE. On my last one, I bought a double din touch screen sat-nav with a reverse camera. Only thing It misses is the cruise control unless you have an auto. Great car.

260kph (161mph) to be exact in 5th gear with ETC-PWR activated. felt like he was cruising at 70mph. not encouraging this on UK roads tho. just confirming the real world performance of the IS250.. who needs a Porsche!!

Very impressed! Probably slightly lower as speedos tend to read higher than the actual speed but still way over the 140mph quoted by Lexus

yep even if the speedo is reading 3% above the real speed as most cars do thats still 157mph real road speed.and if you watch closely that top speed was covered preety quickly from 120kph(74mph) to 260kph(161mph) not bad for a 2.5 V6 with only 204bhp

The IS-F is supposed to be electronically limited to 170 MPH too but I have seen plenty of videos that show it doing more than that. Maybe a MOD is required to achieve this. Don't see why an automobile manufacturer would put out false information.

guess how much insurance you would pay if lexus officailly states the IS250 is a 161mph car?? my guess will be they had to bring the figure down to sound resonable on paper. I dont think the dude had a MOD if you read the comments he said its a stock EU version IS250.

Fair enough. In that case if my experience in the Lexus LX470 is anything to go by then you can easily exceed the speed on the dial as the car keeps pulling. If you can hit 160 in 5th I am pretty sure there's room for more speed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links