Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Change At National Tyres

Just thought I'd warn you guys about the national tyres website.They have a automated quoting system for oil changes,which recomends the oil & tells u the cost and allows you to book online.When I used it they quoted £43.55,which I thought was brilliant.But when I tel the local branch they informed me it was the wrong oil & it would cost me £70 odd pound for the right stuff.So get back onto the website to chat (type) to someone ist person doesnt reply,2nd person more helpful but it still takes best part of the day to sort it out.The wonders of online shopping!!

SO BEWARE OF THIS SITE AND IT's FLAWED INFO.

I've not seen it for a while now but Halfords did a special offer on Fully Synthetic 5W-30 Castrol Magnatec twice in 3 months costing around £18.00/4Ltrs so I stocked up with it and it was free delivery.

National Tyres seem to be quoting for the wrong oil 5W-40 Castrol Edge or 10W-40 Magnatec when we need 5W-30, price includes filter but won't be Toyota and if you happen to still have your under engine cover fitted you may be charged extra for its removal/refitting.

I also use Opie Oils, and go for good quality oil in 20L drums, which keeps the price reasonable.

Halfords have offers on sometimes for Castrol Edge, not seen it on their mailshot for a while though.

I always go for genuine oil filters, often available on eBay for Toyota/Lexus.

my oil change is not due untill another 2000 miles but Eurocarparts ar now doing 20% off on all oil at the mo so am being tempted to pick up an 8 litre Petronas Syntium 5w 30 . havent used these oils before but certified at API SM and ACEA A3/B4 these gives better engine protection and performance than than API SL Castrol magnatecs. Fuchs Titans Race Pros I currenlty have are ace but at a cost of £40 for 5 litre bottle.. and Euro car parts is only 2 miles from me so I can reserve and pick up rather than pay Opie for delivery. :shifty:

We have seen many discussions on engine oils for these cars before, and recently too, well last year anyway.

If my memory serves me I seem to remember the conclusion that Fully Synthetic is NOT the way to go for the older LS400s,, but to go SEMI synthetic !

Malc

Can anyone tell me just how much oil my Mk3 and my 430 need in them please?

Opie Oils can, follow the link from 2 posts back and check the service pack for your models.

LS400 is 6 litres iirc, which is the required amount plus a little extra for topping up, according to them.

I have always used Castrol Magetic and always changed it myself. I simply would not let anyone else do it. I have seen too many garage mechanics (and Im not saying they are all the same) drop the oil, change the filter and replace the drain plug before all the oil has stopped dribbling out of the engine. Not for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links