Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Changing My Ls400 For An Is 200

Kent Ls430

My LS400 has been my first Lexus and I am sold on the brand!!! What a great car but I'm thinking of changing to an is200 mainly because of the size of the 400, the wife won't drive it and my works car park is very small so only a matter of time before someone hits it. I know with an is200 I won't get anywhere near the spec of my ls or the power etc but what's your thoughts? Has anyone made this change and regretted it? I spent a long time looking for my 400 (mk4 99) . Regards Ben

Last year I bought a GS300 when my LS400 was accident damaged and I was unsure whether to keep the GS or LS when I had both.

I sold the GS but often wonder if I made the right decision, the GS handled better and was also better on fuel but the LS was like an old pair of slippers.

Going from a LS to an IS is an even bigger jump and may take some getting used to in terms of size and comfort but at the end of the day it all comes down to a personal choice.

My LS400 has been my first Lexus and I am sold on the brand!!! What a great car but I'm thinking of changing to an is200 mainly because of the size of the 400, the wife won't drive it and my works car park is very small so only a matter of time before someone hits it. I know with an is200 I won't get anywhere near the spec of my ls or the power etc but what's your thoughts? Has anyone made this change and regretted it? I spent a long time looking for my 400 (mk4 99) . Regards Ben

Has to be your choice, personally I couldn't do it, but that's mostly because I like big cars. Have you tried an IS yet?

I've never had a LS but I have had a few big cars with the latest being a 2004 Range Rover Vogue and a 2001 BMW 740i and just swapped my 1997 BMW 525 for an IS200.

You will miss the comfort, ride quality and build. Believe me!

The IS200 is a nice looking car but don't expect it to be what you want it to be...

Perhaps you should consider the IS300? Chances are if you have an LS, you are probably after a car with an automatic box, and the IS300 from what I gather has a very refined unit.

Plus the drop in power will be less drastic from the LS400 to the IS300 I would think.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links