Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Get My Gs300 Sport Mk 2 Next Week

I get my W reg GS 300 Sport next week. I was just wondering what other drivers' mentality is like towards this car on the road. When I had my Mk 1 Sport every other driver was trying to race me, cut in front "wow, look at my Vectra 2.5 V6" style. When I got my old fart's BMW 523i (with 15" alloys for ***'s sake !) that all stopped. Is the former practice about to explode into action again. What have other GS 300 Sport drivers (or GS 300 with a spoiler) experienced ?

Driving around Milton Keynes in my MK I seems to get alot or respect, I've noticed that during the weekof driving a Fiesta Zetec, I get more people in their Nova etc... trying to give it, a soon as the beast is let out, everyone seems to give you a wide birth, even on roundabouts.

On Motorways, get few people try but nothing major.

i purchased my black x reg mk2 gs 300 sport in april 03 all i can say is watch out for the jealous envious wan&*%$ out there.i have to park my car 3 miles away from home and drive my old toyota back due to the envious people were i live.on the road i get lots of attention from ladys but dreadfull looks from other male drivers in bmw and mercs i think its because gs sports are rare ive only seen 2 others in 4 months and i live in london (wow) talk about being individual.enjoy your lex mate

Like the comment about the Passat drivers. Wow don't you just hate those cars especially the TDi's. With regards the Mk 1 car (I unfortunately binned my photos of my cherished beast) I got so many "Wow that car is awesome !" Why I sold it to get the BMW I'll never know. I think it was the curiousity really. Here's a good story. I traded my Lexus in to a BMW trader (hiss hiss spit) who is a big BMW fan and breathes them. When I was trying to get a good trade-in he was saying "well it's not a Beemer mate- these Lexus are average blah blah". I traded it in for peanuts and lo and behold the next issue of Autotrader had an advert entitled "Stunning Lexus GS300 Sport !!!" What a p*** taking wa*ker - I nearly went round and clobbered him for that bit of cheek ! Also the comment from seagram made me think when did I last see a GS300 Sport on the road ? Answer : I can't remember ever seeing one and I always keep my eyes out for a Lexus !!!!

LAdies gave me more attention in a three grand Honda

Guys are sometimes curious but rarely get any compliments about my GS at the Pumps

BMW 330d drivers humbled me twice (had to pull 130 to get away)

Vectra V6 boy is a regular comer. And the Astra Van that is the fastest on the M1 all day everyday...

love seeing other GS300 but only once have I had a big wave and it was a black guy driving the exact same car and with the same reg but for the digit. It was surreal!

Generally I think we go unnoticed. but thats no bad thin where the feds are concerned...

Loz

Like the comment about the Passat drivers. Wow don't you just hate those cars especially the TDi's.

You are SOO right about the TDIs - must be a hidden wan*ker magnet under the bonnet of those

i think passat drivers are A4 Wannabes... and A4 Audis can be quite quick. I remember (having had a couple of passats, 1.8T and 1.9tdi which was better!) that the salesman said its 4k cheaper than the equivilent Audi but with no loss in spec... I'd have had the audi everyday and twice on tuesdays if I could have afforded it though....

The new Skoda Superb is a passat with a skoda grill. strangly looks better than the passat though...

always give octavia and superb drivers admiring looks when I pass them as I respect their common sense for buying a best value car. Like me n my lexus...

:zee: :offtopic: :mat:

Hi, First post for me as a newbie to LOC. I'm now on my 3rd GS300 Mrk2.

The first was a black S and the second was a sapphire blue SE and this ones a Silver Sport!!! :D

Can't understand that you guys don't see more on the road, :duh: perhaps I just keep more or a look out for them.

With the sport you tend to get the TDI muppets that we all have come across and sometimes a Beemer 3 series trying to impress. :sleeping:

Interested in the NOS addition!!! as the main problem with these cars seems to be the ummph isnt really there, or is it too quiet to notice and too quick to be able to judge properly. :geek:

Also interested in getting a small roofline spoiler as the sport has mostly everything else already, any ideas?

When do you guys get together to pose???? :D

Well I have a GS300 Vortex and all the windows are blacked out. No one has the nerve to cross me in this baby as there could be anyone inside!!!

No one knows it's just me :) . The car is just to elegent, people get a bit nervous about who could be inside.

I took the car to Germany and explored the autoban. One hundred and eightly five mile an hour!!! No one passed me :D

I took it into Toyota for a service in Berlin and when I got it back virtually a quater tank of petrol was gone!!! I asked how had they "used it" and I was told with a straight face, that they needed to check the brake adjustment. Mmmm, I think everyone including the tea boy had a ride in my car.

MrPC was that your video I was watching on the track with some muppets nearly loosing it in an EVO and a Sierra?

Your car is the same spec as the one used in GhostDog the movie. great film. you should see it!

As for the NOS.

Well I can attest to its "big bang" theory. just have the base line jets in for now. I thought they were 75bhp but have just found out that they are supposed to be 65bhp jets. its just that my car has responded to them rather well...

I'm going up to 90bhp when I have had it rolling roaded. just don't want to get to close to stoic tollerances. need to keep it running just a bit rich to keep it safe and nothave to bother messing with the timing.

Hope this helps.

you can get the full low down talking to Simon Smith or Nick Walton at Japseye bandits aka Japspeed racing. they are very good at what they do and the aftercare is cool too.

Loz :zee:

Gary C - can't be looking too hard as I've got one and there are a few 'Sports' here in North Manchester ... Watch out for jealous T.W.A.T.S though as I've just had mine keyed over 3 panels - incidentally drove past a GS300 in Altrincham and his was keyed in the same place :duh:

Strangely enough though I get more comments/praise/questions driving my 13 yearl old Peugeot 405 Mi16v 4x4 !!! :blush:

Peter,

I just sold a CRX VTI HOnda convertible. I used to get more looks and girls asking for a ride in that in one month than I have in almost a year of Lexus ownership....

But then, I'm too funky for myself.... :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links