Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello...

I've only been a passenger in a Lexus up till now and I don't need to tell you how good that is.

However, I've been offered the chance to buy a 2003 Lexus LS430, 3 owners, only 58k miles, full Lexus history for £5, 500, in very good condition.

Can you tell me if that's a 'fair' prlce for such a vehicle?

Would appreciate any comments or suggestions on the vehicle...eg Insurance Group/MPG figures or anything else you think might help me decide if this is to be my next car.

Many thanks

Hi, if its a facelift model (5 spoke alloys) then that sounds a good price for such low mileage. Make sure all the toys work and check the cambelt status as said. MPG will range mainly between 17-28mpg. Insurance is basically a joke! Tax is £270.

I run mine on LPG and its cheaper to fuel than the girlfriends Ka!

Thats it 270 tax i pay 475 euros for 3 months i am buying a k a.anywY thats not a bad price just spend time going trough everything; if you know somebody with a lexus 430 bring them allong ....

Thought i read somewhere the cam belt was 90k on Ls430, mine has 65k on her and no mention of it on inspection at lexus at 63k.

Ins for me and my wife as named driver is £280 fully comp so quite nice there.

Check every button, make sure everything they say does it, try to see if the lights self level at start up, park towards a wall and you will see easily, should look up and down then settle.

If you can take a 400 or 430 owner with you then all the better.

Any pics of the car to look at on here ?

Hello and welcome to the LOC where we drive and nurture the greatest secret in motoring history. We are a friendly bunch and there is always someone around that can help.

I think the Cam belt change would be going on time rather than mileage.

Going by prices on finished eBay sales its in the right ball park but bearing in mind if that Cam belt has not been changed then you really need to negotiate the price down by around 1K.

At the end of the day its worth what you think its worth to you..

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on. Mike

Thanks to all for taking time to reply. Had no idea of the cam-belt 'issue'...so worth thinking about.

I know the LS430 laughs a high mileage but I've always thought it more sensible, in the case of some quality cars, to go for a high-mileage example on the grounds that anything 'major' is likely to have been seen to already.

That's not to say the 58k reading is not in some way attractive...but I guess that's always going to give a slightly distorted take on the resale value. Lower mileage...higher price etc, but 'better value'??

Three owners, though, over that relatively short period...what do you think?

Thanks to all for taking time to reply. Had no idea of the cam-belt 'issue'...so worth thinking about.

I know the LS430 laughs a high mileage but I've always thought it more sensible, in the case of some quality cars, to go for a high-mileage example on the grounds that anything 'major' is likely to have been seen to already.

That's not to say the 58k reading is not in some way attractive...but I guess that's always going to give a slightly distorted take on the resale value. Lower mileage...higher price etc, but 'better value'??

Three owners, though, over that relatively short period...what do you think?

Who knows? it could be all sorts of reasons and you wont know for definite until you have seen the car and service history and checked it with Lexus.

Good luck with it anyway. Mike

Hi 3 owners in 10 years isn't out of the ordinary. the first will probably be a company director so 3 years & then 2 in the last 7.

If its a facelift thats a really good price for the miles. If its pre face lift its priced fair. All dependent on condition of course.

Ins group 17 try adrian flux & sky insurance for a quote become a member loc first & you get a discount

Hello...

I've only been a passenger in a Lexus up till now and I don't need to tell you how good that is.

However, I've been offered the chance to buy a 2003 Lexus LS430, 3 owners, only 58k miles, full Lexus history for £5, 500, in very good condition.

Can you tell me if that's a 'fair' prlce for such a vehicle?

Would appreciate any comments or suggestions on the vehicle...eg Insurance Group/MPG figures or anything else you think might help me decide if this is to be my next car.

Many thanks

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance please feel free to give us a try if you like.

Remember club members can receive a discount of upto 15%.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links