Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc Off, Abs And Vsc Lights On

Ruud

Well today I replaced the BMC unit on my 1998 GS300 and all seems to work perfectly. Pump comes on as normal and is lovely and quiet.

The above lights came on with my old BMC and I had hoped that they went out as soon as I fitted the 'new' part.

I this a dealer only reset?

I've tried pulling abs relays and disconnecting Battery for 10 minutes, but that didn't work,

Any ideas?

well I managed to pull the fault code and holy moses @ what came up :eerrrmm:

11 - open circuit in ABS control (solenoid) relay

21 - open or short circuit in 3-position solenoid circuit for right front wheel

22 - open or short circuit in 3-position solenoid circuit for left front wheel

34 - left rear wheel speed sensor signal malfunction

41 - low Battery positive voltage or abnornmally high Battery positive voltage

46 - no idea

52 - no idea

53 - no idea

54 - no idea

56 - no idea

HELP!!!

Good grief, have you plugged it in!

That's an awful lot of codes, did you pull the codes before replacing the unit to compare the present results?

I'm going to try and locate the circuit diagram so bear with me.

Good grief, have you plugged it in!

That's an awful lot of codes, did you pull the codes before replacing the unit to compare the present results?

I'm going to try and locate the circuit diagram so bear with me.

Unfortunately I did not. These are the codes from today after fitting the new unit.

It looks like you are going to have to check each solenoid and wheel sensor with a meter to find which one is playing up, from that PDF it looks like all the checks can be made from the plugs to the electronic unit measuring from one pin to another.

A long winded job admittedly but the only way without Toyota diagnostic tools.

I would start with each of the ABS or as Toyota call them wheel speed sensors as these are a common failure on any car more so the fronts than rears.

It looks like you are going to have to check each solenoid and wheel sensor with a meter to find which one is playing up, from that PDF it looks like all the checks can be made from the plugs to the electronic unit measuring from one pin to another.

A long winded job admittedly but the only way without Toyota diagnostic tools.

I would start with each of the ABS or as Toyota call them wheel speed sensors as these are a common failure on any car more so the fronts than rears.

What puzzles me the most is that the warning lights only came on after pumping the brake pedal a few times.

I refuse to believe that doing this causes all these error codes to come up and also causes abs sensors to fail and other sensors.

Is the pump motor kicking in when you press the brakes a few times then cutting off after a short while?

Just thought, why was the guy you bought the replacement pump from breaking the car? I just wonder if it was because his brake actuator had also failed and you now have another faulty one in there?

Is the pump motor kicking in when you press the brakes a few times then cutting off after a short while?

Just thought, why was the guy you bought the replacement pump from breaking the car? I just wonder if it was because his brake actuator had also failed and you now have another faulty one in there?

Yes, the motor is kicking in and off again after a short while and is nice and quiet compared to my old unit. The guy was breaking the car because he had a van entering the rear.

Yes I'm an electrical engineering technician so car electrics are right up my street but unfortunately not Ruud's street.

I do occasionally get called out to Scotland working for SSE,last visit was Peterhead Power Station but never when I need to be there.

Yes I'm an electrical engineering technician so car electrics are right up my street but unfortunately not Ruud's street.

I do occasionally get called out to Scotland working for SSE,last visit was Peterhead Power Station but never when I need to be there.

I can always cause a major power failure in my area :)

• 9 months later...

I had the same problem.

fixed it two weeks ago,it was the oxygen [o2] sensor on front left /bank/ on the exhaust.

Part NO.l89465-50120 n/stk Sensor oxygen.

There are four 2 up front and 2 at the rear.

ps the rear ones aren't really at the rear just further back than the front other 2.

Two different garages identified that this was the problem,& also identified the same sensor FRONT LEFT.

As there are four of them.

Probably slightly different/Front& back???

I hope this is of some use to you.

Dont know what a BMC unit is but have a look on the GS300 site on 17th Sept 'VSC Lights' started by 39buss. My VSC was triggered by the LPG man's code reader. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links