Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Someone Got A Bargain....

2001 model with no documented history from 70k and now on 130k.

I would have said going rate really- just look at the colour of the drivers mat/carpet.....plus with the engine light on? (plus thinking chain driven cam)?

Much better out there for not much more?

2001 model with no documented history from 70k and now on 130k.

I would have said going rate really- just look at the colour of the drivers mat/carpet.....plus with the engine light on? (plus thinking chain driven cam)?

Much better out there for not much more?

Not really, i cant find a decent IS300 for less than 3k. Found some similar to this around 2k mark. If it is the 02 sensor (which is a common problem) its a easy, cheap fix. As a owner he sure doesnt seem to know much about cars on a dangerous level thats for sure, my worst fear when buying a car, so yeah it could be a potential wreck but no harm in viewing checking the obvious. My aunt is the same, she ran her focus into the ground and just bought another

Spotted this today, and was toying with with the idea of going to look at it - 2002 LEXUS IS 300 SPORT AUTO SILVER TAX AND MOT LEXUS IS...

Same year, colour, and mileage as my 200, but as a 300, plus the TTE bodykit and wheels (and new, it says, tyres). Same price as my 200 as well. But it'd have to be every bit as good and as tidy as my 200 for that money, and as much as I want that 5sp auto box, if it's not as good, tight, tidy, and well looked after as mine, it'd be a step down to buy it....

Might ponder it for a bit and maybe take a gander at it if it's still around...

It's odd, cos when I first started looking at IS' I didn't like silver at all, much preferred grey, and preferred the TRD bodykit over the TTE one! So had you had it up for sale in August, I'd have ripped your arm off!

But since getting mine, I prefer silver, prefer the TTE front bumper (although I'm still not 100% sold on either the TTE or TRD rear bumpers). Odd!

Hi Matt , if u very intersted in is300 , I would recommend, I am used to own is200 my self too , and the extra 50 bhp is a big different and like u mention before a little bit that u don't have on is200 , that's just a finish touch, but make sure test drive a good condition one first and compare to the one u gonna get.

The additional power isn't the main criteria for one to be honest. Sure it'd be nice, but I never bought an IS to have a "fast car"; I'd have got a Scooby or Evo for that. Main reason I'm thinking about a 300 is for the auto box; I'm getting lazy and since getting the IS, my driving style has changed, and I could really go for an auto! But I wasn't that keen on the 4sp in the 200 when I test drive a couple. Everyone I've spoken to with a 300 says the auto box is very very good, and those that have had both have said the 300's box is nicer than the 200's auto box... Plus, if I'm gonna switch cars, to what is essentially the same thing anyway, I might as well go for the model with all the little things the 200 didn't have. Don't need any of them, but why not ;)

However, it's only a toying thought - I'm not actively looking

I didn't say is300 is fast car but it's sure quick for it age and classy, and the 2jz under the hood is a bonus!, and I'm not gonnna go talking them 2 car used to own , they are 2 great car , no question about it :d , now we are talking upgrading to is300 here, and from my experience the that's u pay for fuel and tax in is200 u better just is300 instead cos they are similar .

Wow that was a nick not a bargain.. so long as engine is runing with no leaks and gearbox is shifting smoothly the buyer made a wise decision. things like cambelt, fluids and gearbox fluid changes can be put right later. actually i originally wanted one in black with cream leather..not to everyones taste but i wanted black or red IS for the shear fact that they are rare and i like rare cars. didnt fancy a gunmetal grey until i saw an IS200 Sport in that colour and thought actually grey is nice too. but got the silver because the price was good and was TTE spec. agree with Panya 2JZ + LSD + A650E gearbox makes the 300 VERY responsive machines for thier age.

off topic but bumped into a black IS300 near Luton Airport road this morning I was already firing all 6 cylinders when i over took you before you could respond. are you on LOC by any chance?? first IS300 i have seen on the road besides mine..

that one is from near where I work, I never saw it driven hard, I do reckon it was looked after but wasn't convinced about the timing belt simply because he only have the word of a friend that it had been done, I came so close to throwing a bid in at the last second just to butcher it for bits as i'm after a bonnet and wheels

As were on the subject of the IS200 vs IS300 AGAIN ill say i find it hard to believe in the real world the IS300 has nearly the same MPG as the IS200. Sure if you drive it normally without going above 3 or 4000 RPM you might but If your not going to use those extra horses i dont see the benefit of upgrading to a IS300 personally, which is the only way you'll achieve the same MPG figures. . Alot ppl find the 1JZ performance just unacceptable but im not bothered as I also didnt buy my IS for speed which is why ive had second thoughts about upgrading to the 300....

Im very happy with my 4 speed, a complete transformation from my last Ford 4 speed. In fact if ide not known it was 4 speed i would of never of guessed as i cant tell it changes gear half the time and when the OD kicks in on the motorway it cruises quietly and effortlessly as a Lexus should. Everyone ive talked to rate it very high. The only benefit of the 5 speed is its faster, is able to achieve a good/acceptable MPG on the motorway, and can handle the 2JZ lump. I think Lexus makes brilliant auto boxes but theres a limit to how good a slushbox can be of this era, they have recently improved slightly but DSG and CVT is the next best thing if you want to see a big noticeable difference

If its just the auto box your concerned with I would just recommended both driving a IS300 and IS200 auto if you decide to make the plunge matt

Wow that was a nick not a bargain.. so long as engine is runing with no leaks and gearbox is shifting smoothly the buyer made a wise decision. things like cambelt, fluids and gearbox fluid changes can be put right later. actually i originally wanted one in black with cream leather..not to everyones taste but i wanted black or red IS for the shear fact that they are rare and i like rare cars. didnt fancy a gunmetal grey until i saw an IS200 Sport in that colour and thought actually grey is nice too. but got the silver because the price was good and was TTE spec. agree with Panya 2JZ + LSD + A650E gearbox makes the 300 VERY responsive machines for thier age.

off topic but bumped into a black IS300 near Luton Airport road this morning I was already firing all 6 cylinders when i over took you before you could respond. are you on LOC by any chance?? first IS300 i have seen on the road besides mine..

Thats what i thought. Its hard to fault these cars except for potential lack of maintenance which can be put right....

Wanted something rare? Should of got a LE then :P

that one is from near where I work, I never saw it driven hard, I do reckon it was looked after but wasn't convinced about the timing belt simply because he only have the word of a friend that it had been done, I came so close to throwing a bid in at the last second just to butcher it for bits as i'm after a bonnet and wheels

Black bonnet on a aztec fire. nice.

oh wait, i thought you were leaving us :whistling:

Its ok the lexus bug is hard to fight off, we understand.... :lol:

oh yeh they did have a different paint job and multiple alloy spokes maybe satnav thrown in too..yeh thought Rory was leaving lol.. yeh black bonnet on i call it Ferrari Red would look SXE10 crew.. :)

just for those who dont know SXE10.. just pass if you do..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links