Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I've had my Mark 2 GS300 Sport for about 2 months now, I bought it from Lexus Twickenham to replace my Mark 2 GS300 SE. :sleeping:

Now I'm not sure if I have a Lemon :sick: BUT plenty of problems with a rattling sunroof :angry:

Security wheel nuts that take the RAC half an hour to remove!!! :yack: and then Kwick fit (don't even go there! :shutit: ) managed to break a bolt on the same wheel. :tsktsk:

While looking under the car the exhaust system seems to be rusting to shyte as well! :blink:

Is it just me or should I get my axe to someone or take a long slow painful sleep on a bed of nails? :yack:

Oh and by the way I didn't have any problems with my other two Mark s GS 300's!!! :)

Anyone got any views on this????

Oh dear,

I hope this isnt going to be a bad review on Twickenham

coz i have nothing but good stuff to say about them I find their after

sales service is as you would expect from LEXUS i get phone calls from

the sales team about every two months just to see if i am still happy

with the car!!the workshop are just as helpful but you only get 10%

discount on servicing whereas others are giving 15%(Steve get on the case)

Overall their attitude has been first class towards me.....though i do drive an 'IS'

Who did you deal with?

Have you approched them to try and resolve some of the problems?

Did you get any sort of warranty?

An AA inspection should have pointed out the exhaust....at least?

B) B)

The exhaust is stainless so it shouldn't rust. The Lexus dealer should have put the car through an RAC inspection which would have highlighted this.

What year is the car? Pre 2000 had sunroof rattle problems (I know mine does). There are TSBs about this. People in the US have had their complete sunroofs replaced because of rattles although I cannot see Lexus dealers in the UK doing this.

The exhaust is stainless so it shouldn't rust. The Lexus dealer should have put the car through an RAC inspection which would have highlighted this.

What year is the car? Pre 2000 had sunroof rattle problems (I know mine does). There are TSBs about this. People in the US have had their complete sunroofs replaced because of rattles although I cannot see Lexus dealers in the UK doing this.

The stainless exhaust on my GS is rusted to flerk mate

The Stainless System on my GS is just fine and dandy, but for a small rattle in the rear nearside box. sounds like a spot weld has come loose and is knockng around n the can... nothing to worry about. as in... no effect of performance or economy can only be heard standing out side by the exhaust.

never had the sport mate. BUT I rate the GS 300 mk2 ery highly. if you hae bought a "thursday" car then get it back and get the "issues" resolved to your satifaction.

Loz :zee:

Yep, covered in lots and lots of F&*@"%>| rust, not like my other two at all!!! :yack:

T reg so not sure if that helps with the rattle???

Oh and by the way, use a Lexus qualified Toyota garage for servicing and save 40%!!!

Its back there at the moment while they try and sort it out as well as the damage that the crap bodyshop (Curry Motors) seem to cause when it goes in!!!! :tsktsk: Comes out more knackered than when it went in!!!

Is this a case of the mechanics having joy rides in a Sport???

Philip is the sales bod I use who has been quiet helpfull but its getting to be beyond a joke. Bought it from a Lexus dealer to get the years full warranty due to the mileage I can sometimes do, but this car has only done 46K. :angry:

So nice sales bods but don't get it serviced there!!!

Laters

I believe the welds on Stainless Exhausts are carried out in Mild Steel.

The amount of Rust depends on the amount of stainless present in the system. Some systems are better than others.

Both our Triumphs have Stainless systems but the Stag one is a much higher Quality the the Tr which is surface rusting after only a few months.

Lexus exhausts are aluminumised mild steel......., so will eventually rust

Sh*t :huh:

Admin Edit: As always forever censoring the forums to keep this place a nice place and family friendly B)

Edited by Administrator

Here's my answer. They are fecking awesome. Boneshakers on rough ground but so smooth and lively on anything else. Quiet as a mouse(ish) Majestic beast ! I'm in love :blush: with her already !

BMW 5 series ??? PANTS :yack: compared to this monster !

On the subject of exhausts mine gos in tomorrow for a service and to replace the large jubilee clips that hold on the heat sheild they have rusted through and fell of .Also the exhaust looks very rusty in places ,i put this down to the low mileage the car has done probaly been sitting for a while .Also anyone with a mk1 sport check the fixings for the rear spoiler under the rubbers in the boot mine have started to rust . :blink:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links