Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all

With great sadness I have just sold my LS400 after 6 months of trouble free motoring.

Sadly it failed its emissions on re-test on Monday. It has however been sold to two fine gentlemen who plan to take it to France for a summer blast.

I am sure they will along here soon enough and they will get the same warm and courteous welcome that I received here.

It does seem to be the case that any other car now will just now be a poor imitation of what has to be the finest car on the planet- so I will probably be back here sooner rather than later!

Happy motoring and have a great summer

Patrick

Can you tell us more on the exhaust emissions failure please ......... did any mechanic try to sort the issue ?

Thanks

Malc

It must have been quite serious as it is said that these cars will still pass the emissions test with the cats removed.

Tell us more about the problem and what sort of mileage the car had done please.

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I always knew the car would not be a long term prospect. I have always wanted one and too a degree have satisfied that need! I simply can't afford to run 3 cars on one salary. I had been planning to sell it this summer and was mindful of the mot running out in June.

It was mot'd at kwik fit as it was cheapest and would have passed but for a number plate bulb and the emissions. The tester said he imagined it was the cats as it 'stank of rotten eggs' but also possibly lambda sensors? I put a bottle of cataclean and that did drop the readings a bit but not enough to pass. He also said it was 'hunting' between 2-3k rpm. I have never noticed that it has always run very smoothly so- he suggested taking it to a garage and having a diagnostic check done but the car really seemed to run flawlessly and no issues with excessive fuel consumption etc

I guess I could have thrown some more time and energy (and money) at it but we figured we would cut our losses and sell it on. I think I got a fair price and I was happy that it went to a couple of young guys who are planning a summer tour in it rather than trading it in.

I hope they will show up on here soon I would be interested to hear how they sort it. One of the guys father was a mechanic so hopefully they will get it sorted cheaply enough and then waft about France in silent luxury

I really like this site and will keep an eye out for an LPG LS400 when my lottery numbers come up

With best wishes

Patrick

Best wishes .... I'm sure the LS400 isn't terminal and the 2 guys will have a Grand Tour in their wolf in sheep's clothing !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links