Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Lexus!

Hi guys, ive just recently got hold of my first ever lexus and thought i would postsome pics for everyone too see because i am so proud of it lol

i think i have fallen in love with these cars, it was my dad that told me to get one and he wasnt wrong, and at the age of 22 when i drive this around and i see mates in their clios and golfs i feel like a MAN lol not a boy haha

look forward to attending some meets. kyle

post-47149-0-62770200-1369394097_thumb.j

post-47149-0-76660800-1369394185_thumb.j

post-47149-0-72549000-1369394233_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks jon, yeah i thought the same haha ive said to so many people since ive had this that i dont ever want to drive anything else lol i want to keep it forver!!

@Dinho, well i thought about getting it chipped but after reading some threads on here i see theres no point. i want to maybe do some things to the lights, upgrade the brakes and exhaust (any suggestions?)

thought about maybe blacking out the rear windows but is that too much black on black?

Thanks jon, yeah i thought the same haha ive said to so many people since ive had this that i dont ever want to drive anything else lol i want to keep it forver!!

@Dinho, well i thought about getting it chipped but after reading some threads on here i see theres no point. i want to maybe do some things to the lights, upgrade the brakes and exhaust (any suggestions?)

thought about maybe blacking out the rear windows but is that too much black on black?

I can give you some guidance since my IS is very similar to yours, and by the way I've said the same too! Defiantly wanna keep the car forever haha!

Anyway, heres a short list of upgrades I've performed in relation to what you wanna do:

- Headlights

- New Satin Black Housing Head lights

- 6000k HID Xenons Dipped

- 8000k HID Xenons Fogs

- Brakes

- brembo Discs, pads & calipers all round in yellow

Now I will say the brakes do feel a lot better, though they are not entirely needed, they do look great! (May have change the color of them once I get new wheels)

Now similar to your car mines got a black paint job, black wheels & black windows, this is how I bought the car and to be honest I'm not so keen on the all round black, it can give some people the wrong impression. It all depends on the look you wanna go for. Now personally I'd say go for the tinted windows BUT (and this is your choice) I would say balance the car out with a new set of wheels (not black) or return your current Lexus ones to standard and/or a different color, for example:

I'm looking into some Gunmetal, White or Matt Bronze 18" Rota GTR's or Grid Drifts for my car as I feel this will balance the colors on my car out a little, they also look amazing! However this is all my preference and you could have a totally different outlook on what you wanna do!

Here's a few pictures:

IMG_6182_zpsef77d5a0.jpg

IMG_6212_zps6e0241ed.jpg

Bit rainy today but took a quick snapshot of the new headlights I installed yesterday:

IMAG0015_zpsbbc54a50.jpg

P.S If anyone can guess the red car to the right of the first picture I'll be impressed ;)

The light upgrades are common and do give the car a meaner look.

When you say upgrade the brakes, do you mean the pads, calipers, discs?

As for the exhaust there are a few options, do you want it louder or quiet.

Quiet option would be the HKS Hi-Power Silent which is a popular choice and is on my wish list

For something louder, i believe there is one called Tanabe

The more you see other cars the more ideas you will get.

Armrest is probably my favourite mod :)

I can give you some guidance since my IS is very similar to yours, and by the way I've said the same too! Defiantly wanna keep the car forever haha!

Anyway, heres a short list of upgrades I've performed in relation to what you wanna do:

- Headlights

- New Satin Black Housing Head lights

- 6000k HID Xenons Dipped

- 8000k HID Xenons Fogs

- Brakes

- brembo Discs, pads & calipers all round in yellow

Now I will say the brakes do feel a lot better, though they are not entirely needed, they do look great! (May have change the color of them once I get new wheels)

Now similar to your car mines got a black paint job, black wheels & black windows, this is how I bought the car and to be honest I'm not so keen on the all round black, it can give some people the wrong impression. It all depends on the look you wanna go for. Now personally I'd say go for the tinted windows BUT (and this is your choice) I would say balance the car out with a new set of wheels (not black) or return your current Lexus ones to standard and/or a different color, for example:

I'm looking into some Gunmetal, White or Matt Bronze 18" Rota GTR's or Grid Drifts for my car as I feel this will balance the colors on my car out a little, they also look amazing! However this is all my preference and you could have a totally different outlook on what you wanna do!

Here's a few pictures:

IMG_6182_zpsef77d5a0.jpg

IMG_6212_zps6e0241ed.jpg

Bit rainy today but took a quick snapshot of the new headlights I installed yesterday:

IMAG0015_zpsbbc54a50.jpg

P.S If anyone can guess the red car to the right of the first picture I'll be impressed ;)

Do I see is300 badge on the back of a 200? ;)

When i was buying, black was a big no no, but after seeing 3 black ones on here its really growing on me. They look really nice and polish up much better than plat ice. Anyway really nice example you got there Kyle and glad to have you onboard, any interior pics?

I think most of us had to sacrifice one thing or another when buying our Lex lol. only thing i didnt get was blue colour and cream interior

Hiya Kyle & welcome, im also a newbie 2 the lexus world & just like u & many others, i never wanna change my car eva again unless its for a newer 1 lol. Iv got the is200 sport & its in british racing green, which used2 b my worst ever colour BUT... iv put a carbon fiber bonnet on it & it works really well :hocus-pokus: Im looking in2 an induction kit, has any1 got any tips? :driving:

Ah ok :crybaby: I was just aiming for an extra bit of acceleration & have used induction kits in the past & found that they helped. Seeing as this is my 1st Lexus, could somebody pls advise on best ways 2 increase acceleration? Cheers, Gaz

That is whole solid heap of a car you have there kid...enjoy :winky:

It looks brilliant as well. They turn heads everywhere, as you will find out.

• Like 1

Ah ok :crybaby: I was just aiming for an extra bit of acceleration & have used induction kits in the past & found that they helped. Seeing as this is my 1st Lexus, could somebody pls advise on best ways 2 increase acceleration? Cheers, Gaz

Supercharger or Turbo!

Neither are cheap.. :offtopic:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links