Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Who Doesnt Have A Tv Licence?

Just curious really. Ive never thought the TV licence was worth it for the crap they show on TV these days unless you have SKY or cable which does show half decent stuff of course, but for me paying that subscription on top of £130 odd a year as well also doesnt seem worth it. so i watch stuff online and have a humongous DVD collection. anyone else like this?

Remember you only need a TV licence for live broadcasts period. NOT for a TV and NOT even for on demand services online such as Iplayer

Just curious really. Ive never thought the TV licence was worth it for the crap they show on TV these days unless you have SKY or cable which does show half decent stuff of course, but for me paying that subscription on top of £130 odd a year as well also doesnt seem worth it. so i watch stuff online and have a humongous DVD collection. anyone else like this?

Remember you only need a TV licence for live broadcasts period. NOT for a TV and NOT even for on demand services online such as Iplayer

We did away with TV about 15 years ago due to falling asleep every night after watching rubbish! Now we only watch things like BBC iplayer or DVD's. It's very liberating actually. And whenever we go on holiday and they have a TV we remind ourselves of why we did it.

Phil

• Like 1

Why be forced to watch crap when you can buy just the shows you like or even select them on-demand. Even if they put a stop to free i-player like there talking about i wouldnt mind, i use the others more. I buy all the TV series on DVD as well as movies for not alot and dont have to put up with adverts. Now i know its a while for a DVD release especially for american stuff but seems theres always something good to watch. If i had more times on my hand i would prob subscribe to streaming media online also like netflix

I don't pay TV license because I don't own a TV :P

And any little spare time that I have is spent on family, friends, or cars!

That said, my BMW has a TV built into it; do I need to pay license?

• Like 2

I don't pay TV license because I don't own a TV :P

And any little spare time that I have is spent on family, friends, or cars!

That said, my BMW has a TV built into it; do I need to pay license?

even if you get the goons coming to check you aint gonna give them the keys to your car!

• Like 1

Why be forced to watch crap when you can buy just the shows you like or even select them on-demand. Even if they put a stop to free i-player like there talking about i wouldnt mind, i use the others more. I buy all the TV series on DVD as well as movies for not alot and dont have to put up with adverts. Now i know its a while for a DVD release especially for american stuff but seems theres always something good to watch. If i had more times on my hand i would prob subscribe to streaming media online also like netflix

I remember watching the whole series of 24 on DVD, I can't imagine how annoying that would have been watching it with all the adverts. And why do the adverts come on so loud anyway, too much in your face for my liking. And as Ganesh says, it means we can spend more time on family etc.

• Like 1

Any fixed TV needs a TV Licence, if the TV is portable (not what you have in the Beemer) then it wold be covered by a house licence. I have never heard of anyone being done for a car TV, but that's the law.

As the detector vans only have a directional microphone and listen to what people are watching and then compare that address to the licence database not sure how they wold track a car and what address would go on the licence.

Don't own a TV, haven't owned one for years, it rots yer brains,-the utter drivel spewed-out of the damn thing,is an affront to a sane persons intelligence, get out,live your life, meet other people,enjoy the outdoors, enjoy driving your Lexus.

Yes indeed, there is lots of drivel spewed out but, my feelings are, that anyone who doesn't own a TV are missing out on some really cracking documentaries that are screened from time to time.

Each to their own eh!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes indeed, there is lots of drivel spewed out but, my feelings are, that anyone who doesn't own a TV are missing out on some really cracking documentaries that are screened from time to time.

Each to their own eh!

If you've missed this one, then you must watch it on catch-up TV, well worth watching, it's called Airport Live and it was filmed at Heathrow.....................brilliant!!

• Like 1

Each to their own eh!

If you've missed this one, then you must watch it on catch-up TV, well worth watching, it's called Airport Live and it was filmed at Heathrow.....................brilliant!!

Watched it on licence free iplayer, very interesting. Also the one about London's traffic system (the route masters) I thought that was excellent.

You dont need a TV licence to own a TV. and as already mentioned most things available to stream on demand or on DVD. also payed subscriptions give access to all if not more content such as netflix, love film which is basically access to anything on amazon.co.uk. Also if you have a little know how very easy to hook up a PC or streaming device to a TV, even use a xbox to access your PC via your wifi. i guess its nice to flick thru the guide to see whats coming on and are more likely to see something you may not of found by searching, but at a cost

I have to own-up to admittedly watching the odd Documentary on Iplayer-and the one mentioned earlier, on London traffic was interesting, the guy in charge of the Unit (can't remember its title) who co-ordinated the road closures/ maintenance etc,I thought,was an incredibly competent manager,who,( lucky for the punters using the roads daily) showed that he had his work cut-out for him, but in my opinion, carried out his job well,-impressed the hell out of me anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links