Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi fellow owners.

I have to replace the Battery on my 400h

( sat in carkpark overlooking the Solent last Tuesday having lunch with radio on and door open to catch the breeze for just 30 min. Real bad idea.....interior lights on - open door. Message on display telling me to put car into Park before starting problem is it's already in park !!!!.. Thanks to the lovely Julie at Snows Lexus who tells me the problem. Called mate who lives around corner who comes with power pack and 5 mins. and I'm away )

Now the problem. I have brought a new unit ( £ 45.00. inc. vat and delivery !!! ) but I have read on line ( mostly on the US owners club site ) that if I disconnect the old unit and install the new one the entire car will go back to the factory default settings i.e. satnav, phone numbers, auto window and sunroof settings etc. etc. Is this true ????

And if it is does anyone have a cunning plan as to how to swap batteries without this all occuring ?

Regards to all

Peter.

Julie at Snows is a star.

Sorry you got caught out. I have also heard of some people finding themselves with a dead Battery after leaving doors and tailgate open while loading the car to go on holiday.

I bought a little gadget that plugs into cigarette lighter and plugs into 240v mains, turn on and turn ign on , stays powered up. Another way is to connect another Battery to your Battery terminal wires before lifting off your old Battery using jump leads and swap over.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links