Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Not sure if this is gust my car or if it is the general finish Lexus use, but when I wash it it's basically clean after a quick jet wash.Being the second owner I don't know if It had some form of treatment from new,whatever it is it works

Generally,us Lexus owners look after, and pamper our cars. The more protection you put on the paintwork ie; claying,polishing, waxing and sealing the easier it is to wash.

Be careful with the jetwasher though, especially with the alloys, any slight crack will result in a chunk being blasted off.

I refuse to jet wash any vehicle, them things are a menace to paintwork and electric sensors.

Agree with Graham, a good hand wash them some pampering with claying and wax etc will do a far better job and will look better.

• Like 1

I refuse to jet wash any vehicle, them things are a menace to paintwork and electric sensors.

Agree with Graham, a good hand wash them some pampering with claying and wax etc will do a far better job and will look better.

Should I say it ??? Mike

Should I say it ??? Mike

you sir have a mucky mind :devil:

Should I say it ??? Mike

you sir have a mucky mind :devil:

What do you mean sir? I was going to say that hand made things are invariably of far better quality than those that are stamped out by machine, especially when it comes to high end furniture. What did you think I meant? Mike

I totally agree with the handwash brigade ,it also gives you the oppurtunity to spot blemishes,stonechips etc before they get worse two things my cars have never experienced are jetwashes and mechanical carwashers, heaven forbid.

I only ever tried a jet wash once (and never on the Lexus) but was not impressed, as you cannot deliver equal pressure for a good overall clean, I was soaking, and I ended up washing by hand afterwards.

I tend to give the LS a quick soak most of the time and then a jolly good two pass wash, T-cut (not tried clay bars yet) and then a really good wax.

I love then seeing those beads of water collecting in the morning mists.

Also agree that hand wash lets you pick up on any defects before they become a problem.

I have also heard that you should never put a car of less than 6 months old through a car wash as the paint is still not totally cured, but I stopped using car washes as soon as I got my first Lexus, but used to put the crappy Passat company car through all of the time.

"but used to put the crappy Passat company car through all of the tim"

Was that out of punishment? Mike

It could have been - it was the second most uncomfortable car I have ever driven (the other being a Peugeot 407).

I guess I never had time to bother looking after the Passat (the MD used to moan every 3 weeks if I did not have it looking spanking shiney and new) when I preferred to keep the LS nice. I suggest that it would have been cheaper to let me run the LS on the company, rather than all that lost dosh on rental

But you could see the damage the car wash was doing the paint work, more lines than on Joan Collins face.

Ah yes-Pressure-Washers- reminds me of an old acquaintance of mine, back in the early 80's, who was a bit of a Classic Car collector,he was showing-off his latest acquisition to everyone,still on the trailer he'd used to transport it on,he couldn't resist giving it a clean to get the dust and muck off the car ( a black, -weren't they all? 1947 Jaguar SS100) he cranked-up his shiny new Karcher steam-pressure washer,and despite advice from the group assembled there to greet the latest addition to his 'stable' of cars,not to do it,-he played the jet of steam along the side of the car in one long sweep-in the process,removing a strip of paint as wide as gaffer tape and around three feet long,-took it down to the bare metal,we all looked aghast at the damage,though after a lengthy restoration, the Jag looked stunning,it taught everyone present,a lesson in how not to use a pressure washer on any car paintwork in future, -I've also seen engines washed using a P/W, wouldn't start because of water driven deep into electrical-components by the pressure,great pieces of kit,-but user beware.

Ah yes-Pressure-Washers- reminds me of an old acquaintance of mine, back in the early 80's, who was a bit of a Classic Car collector,he was showing-off his latest acquisition to everyone,still on the trailer he'd used to transport it on,he couldn't resist giving it a clean to get the dust and muck off the car ( a black, -weren't they all? 1947 Jaguar SS100) he cranked-up his shiny new Karcher steam-pressure washer,and despite advice from the group assembled there to greet the latest addition to his 'stable' of cars,not to do it,-he played the jet of steam along the side of the car in one long sweep-in the process,removing a strip of paint as wide as gaffer tape and around three feet long,-took it down to the bare metal,we all looked aghast at the damage,though after a lengthy restoration, the Jag looked stunning,it taught everyone present,a lesson in how not to use a pressure washer on any car paintwork in future, -I've also seen engines washed using a P/W, wouldn't start because of water driven deep into electrical-components by the pressure,great pieces of kit,-but user beware.

A guy where I work bought a red Audi TT, he got his pressure washer out one day and virtually stripped the paint from a front wing. Bad surface preparation I suppose, but taught me only to ever use it on my decking!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links