Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mk3 Ls400 Lighter Socket Issue

Hi All,

Long time member but been away for a while ... anyway plugged in my tyre inflator into Cig Socket and must have been on too long as Lighter socket no longer works. I have checked in the fusebox under the bonnet but no fuses blown ? Any ideas ?

Thanks

I'm sure the fuse for the lighter socket is under the steering column not the engine bay.

Not sure which it is as i don;t have a 400 now, i remember doing a fellow 400 at our first meet and his was in a box under the column, white coloured box.

It is a bit awkward to get to, i was head on the drivers floor looking under the dash with rest of me outside the car.

The fuse diagram is on the box, i think it said FRCIG

Peter Hi.

Have had the same problem on both of my cars ,the solution I found here.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/488111-ls-cigarette-lighter-fix-tutorial.html

It is a little fiddly if you have hand problems but is fairly easy to remove the mica washer to disable the fusable link .

Best to cut the plug off your compressor and fit some croc clips .

Good luck with yours.

I would check the fuse 1st, chances are it's blown. Should be marked as CIG on the internal fusebox lid, rated at 7.5A.

Have to agree, check the fuse, it's quite simple and does not involve doing surgery on the car.

Thanks guys,

Not sure about the taking the whole gear surround off thing but cannot locate the 'internal' fusebox ??? Tried looking under the steering column but couldn't actually see anything (other than an air vent I never knew existed before !)

It is located above the driver's side kick panel ( the one with the foot well light on it, there should be 3 black screws attaching it to the lower dash panel and it is secures at the rear with a clip on the steering column. Remove this panel and then look up under the dash and you should be able to see it, normally has a white plastic cover over the fuses which just unclips.

best way to get to it is is throw a mat on the floor - get on your knees and look deep inside the footwell towards the right - you should see a square white cover measureing approx 3 inches square - thats the fuse box

On the GS, the CIG fuse covers more than one thing (the other lighter socket for instance) so if the other one still works, it is probably the socket fuse link. Again, on the GS, it also powers the display for the clock, if that is off, then the CIG fuse would more than likely be culprit. The LS may be different, but they tend to follow similar principles. Anyone confirm that who has LS wiring diagrams?

• 11 months later...

Can anyone confirm both front and back lighters work from same fuse on LS400 ?

will save my back from further contortion necessary to try to check the fuse.

I see a black cover with fuse layout - manual neither give fuse data only position, nor how to get the black cover off. Tried pulling with little affect but now I've discovered rear lighter works - perhaps need to check fuse may not be necessary? s'pose I'll need to pull fuse if tampering with this washer I've read about.

Front ciggy lighter seems to be a weak point on the LS. There have been many posts about this over the years, including how to fix it .Fortunately, the rear ones will work independantly of the front lighter, so at least you can still use one of those to plug anything into if necessary (although not so convenient).

If I remember correctly, the Mk1 and Mk2 have a single rear cig lighter point by the centre rear airvents ........ the Mk3 has one on each rear door rest ............. for those guys that haven't experienced this upgrade.

Malc

If I remember correctly, the Mk1 and Mk2 have a single rear cig lighter point by the centre rear airvents ........ the Mk3 has one on each rear door rest ............. for those guys that haven't experienced this upgrade.

Malc

That's right the Mk1 and 2 had back centre console lighter, which was good if the front one failed, as the trailing wire from USB charger can be short.

Must say never experienced any problems with the lighters in either Mk2 or Mk4, but did once drop a 5p piece down the front one (which blew the fuse), and it is a bit of a contortion job in the floor well to get the fuse changed, but only took 5 minutes (most of which was trying several back bending moves and moving the car around so feet not sticking out into the public highway.

• 4 months later...

Ridiculous - have paid £1.47 for an illuminated lighter socket with push in burner BRAND NEW and despatched to me from China. Postage included.

Not worth fiddling with an old unit. I have however yet to see if it fits. Fingers crossed. Waiting for better weather.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links