Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 For Sale Opinion

Having gauged your response to the comments on this subject so far I wonder if you are receptive to the suggestion that a Mark 4 Ls400 could be your better option .There are those on the forum who think it is the best of the 400s and as been compared favourably with the 430 on several posts. In fact one member was prepared to do a straight swap to go back to a 400 having previously owned one and gone up as he thought at the time to a 430 as it turned out for him it was a bad move as he had a lot of problems and could'nt like the 430.

I declined the chance to go up to a 430 having owned my mark 1 400 for 16 years that car is now 23 years old and still going.I trawled the forums here and in the states were 10 times as many were sold for feedback on the 430 and took a test drive in a 03 model and did'nt like it .My opinion is not relevant here but suffice to say I drive a 98 400.

• Like 1

Having gauged your response to the comments on this subject so far I wonder if you are receptive to the suggestion that a Mark 4 Ls400 could be your better option .There are those on the forum who think it is the best of the 400s and as been compared favourably with the 430 on several posts. In fact one member was prepared to do a straight swap to go back to a 400 having previously owned one and gone up as he thought at the time to a 430 as it turned out for him it was a bad move as he had a lot of problems and could'nt like the 430.

I declined the chance to go up to a 430 having owned my mark 1 400 for 16 years that car is now 23 years old and still going.I trawled the forums here and in the states were 10 times as many were sold for feedback on the 430 and took a test drive in a 03 model and did'nt like it .My opinion is not relevant here but suffice to say I drive a 98 400.

I Drove the 400 and 430 before settling and I guess it is a taste thing. The 400 felt like a normal car (albeit a luxury well constructed one) but the 430 felt special and totally luxurious. I find the 430 smooth and cant feel gear changes at all even under hard acceleration, but I could in the 400. The roads round my way aren't the best and the 400 coped really well but the 430 went a step further and flattened it all out. Maybe I drove a bad 400, or maybe I got a good 430 - BUT I would certainly drive both before deciding as both are excellent choices that no other marque can match in this price range.

Here you go. Price a bit high but it looks an honest car and the dealer has spared no detail on its history. May well be worth having a look at. Mike

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201306247451412/sort/default/usedcars/model/ls/make/lexus/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/rg270jl/quicksearch/true/page/2/radius/1500?logcode=p

I haven't though of looking at 400's They don't have as many toys which im obsessed with in a car. especially the cooled seats. I been in an ls430 but not driven one. I've never been in a 400. so i can't comment unfortunately. I need a Lexus owner near me so i have a gander at one :P

I haven't though of looking at 400's They don't have as many toys which im obsessed with in a car. especially the cooled seats. I been in an ls430 but not driven one. I've never been in a 400. so i can't comment unfortunately. I need a Lexus owner near me so i have a gander at one :P

I live 5 miles south of Reading near Hook, any good to you if so your welcome to have a drive of mine if you are covered by your insurance other wise I have no problem in giving you a ride. Mike

I live 5 miles south of Reading near Hook, any good to you if so your welcome to have a drive of mine if you are covered by your insurance other wise I have no problem in giving you a ride. Mike

Thanks for the offer, I'll see how i get on looking for a decent 430 first. The problem is that's what I've got my heart set on, if i don't get one now ill end up getting it later :D

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C402575

On a side note this has been around for the last couple of months, I've seen it on eBay,trader,gumtree and now car and classic, Not to sure what to think of it as it hasn't sold. I emailed the seller and he replied with this.

hi

There are no mechanical or electrical faults with the car - the aircon
does work - it was bought to replace my other 430 but due to having to
spend money on my original 430 i have decided to sell this one and
whilst its been parked up it has been scratched by kids playing around
it.

Pictures can be taken and emailed but in my opinion you need to view the
car to see the extent of the paint work damage - there are scratches
and scuffs all over randomly on the doors and bonnet - some will polish
out - some have cut the paint - perhaps this is whats putting buyers off

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C402575

On a side note this has been around for the last couple of months, I've seen it on eBay,trader,gumtree and now car and classic, Not to sure what to think of it as it hasn't sold. I emailed the seller and he replied with this.

hi

There are no mechanical or electrical faults with the car - the aircon

does work - it was bought to replace my other 430 but due to having to

spend money on my original 430 i have decided to sell this one and

whilst its been parked up it has been scratched by kids playing around

it.

Pictures can be taken and emailed but in my opinion you need to view the

car to see the extent of the paint work damage - there are scratches

and scuffs all over randomly on the doors and bonnet - some will polish

out - some have cut the paint - perhaps this is whats putting buyers off

Hi I bought my 430 04 plate in January for £3500 with 94k on it the only thing it needed was a sensor sorting out, I went back to a 400 after 5 weeks ( just my preference) The 430 is a fantastic car but too many toys for me & the build quality isn't quite the same as the 400.

With the one you are looking at figure on £2500 for a proper re spray ( not a cheap car).

Thanks for the replys gents. Again I'm gonna give this one a wide berth. I love toys in a car which is why the 430 appeals. My uncle had lexus for years getting a new model every couple of years, and the 430 is the one that I most liked. Unfortunately he recently passed away. I would of liked his GS450H but having only a few thousand miles on it it was way over what I could afford.

• 2 weeks later...

Thread resurrection as I'm still on the hunt. I've come across this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS430-LPG-CONVERTED-LUXURY-PACK-/300970191380?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item461338aa14&autorefresh=true Now I'm a bit picky when it comes to advertising a car, although the ad isn't that bad, its all in caps and the grammar isn't great. Anyone know the history of this car?

I would avoid, it's our Dudley traders pretending to be private sellers again.

Looks like they are moving up the food chain from 400s to 430s now.

Check his feedback for the last car he sold (his only feedback!) Don't know what feedback comments he left for the purchaser but eBay have removed it!

I would avoid, it's our Dudley traders pretending to be private sellers again.

Looks like they are moving up the food chain from 400s to 430s now.

Check his feedback for the last car he sold (his only feedback!) Don't know what feedback comments he left for the purchaser but ebay have removed it!

This is the reason i can trust you lot that i won't buy from a con man! I can imagine it must of contained a few unpleasant words for them to remove it. So i'll carry on and keep looking. Thank you very much sir!

For what it's worth, we often hear about car problems on these kind of forums, which is of course one of the main reasons for them. The problem is that we can get a negative opinion of a car because we've heard of the same problem 3 or 4 times. What we don't read so much about is the amount of cars (LS430's in particular) that go on for many, many trouble free miles.

The reason I mention it is because a guy turned up near my workshop today in a 430, private plate, but I'm guessing around an 04. I asked if he'd had any trouble with things like the air suspension and he just looked at me surprised and said "no problems at all" By that he meant the whole car. He said his last 430 had covered 360,000 with no real issues, which is good news for me as an LS430 may well be my next car!

Phil

For what it's worth, we often hear about car problems on these kind of forums, which is of course one of the main reasons for them. The problem is that we can get a negative opinion of a car because we've heard of the same problem 3 or 4 times. What we don't read so much about is the amount of cars (LS430's in particular) that go on for many, many trouble free miles.

The reason I mention it is because a guy turned up near my workshop today in a 430, private plate, but I'm guessing around an 04. I asked if he'd had any trouble with things like the air suspension and he just looked at me surprised and said "no problems at all" By that he meant the whole car. He said his last 430 had covered 360,000 with no real issues, which is good news for me as an LS430 may well be my next car!

Phil

I see what you're saying. I've got my mind set on an LS430 nothing will change that, i just want to buy from someone reputable, and not end up with a complete shed. This will be my first LS purchase so i will be going in without anyone experience on what to look out for when buying one apart from what I've read on here.

Phil

I see what you're saying. I've got my mind set on an LS430 nothing will change that, i just want to buy from someone reputable, and not end up with a complete shed. This will be my first LS purchase so i will be going in without anyone experience on what to look out for when buying one apart from what I've read on here.

I think what I mean is don't to be put off too much by mileage as long as the history is sound. Also not all dealers are bad, the difficulty is knowing which ones are. Also with a dealer you have some kind of comeback and you can negotiate a decent warranty. I would recommend an AA report on a used car, but having seen what happened when my church bought a minibus on the recommendation of the AA, I wouldn't be too sure! Keep looking, and be prepared to travel. I had to go to Birmingham from the south coast to view mine, then back by train to pick it up, a great feeling driving home!!

Someone care to fill me in on these sellers? Just out of curiosity. They obviously have a bad history among the forum.

Couple of old threads that will help fill you in.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/83804-huzzy-sal-and-adamprogny/?hl=%2Bhuzzy+%2Bsal#entry833851

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/83526-warning-on-adamprogany/?hl=adamsprogeny#entry831564

Cant see him being a dealer, looks like a golfer with the amount of clubs he sells. Prob as club pro. Interesting to see what part history means but looks nice and clean. Not been to the moon and back. Worth serious consideration. Bagshot, very exspensive place to live.

Cant see him being a dealer, looks like a golfer with the amount of clubs he sells. Prob as club pro. Interesting to see what part history means but looks nice and clean. Not been to the moon and back. Worth serious consideration. Bagshot, very exspensive place to live.

I've dropped him a message to see what history it has. Bagshot isnt to far from me either. Will se when he replies

This is cheap, But not sure if the guy is a dealer? plus only part service history. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-LEXUS-LS430-AUTO-GREEN-/380731473298?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item58a55d3d92

Nice colour, looks from the photo a like scrape on the back bumper. I would take a look asap as at that price it may go quickly. I would make sure the cam belt has been done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links