Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

That job is about £1700 all in

If flashlube is wanted then it would be £1800 all together

It is a 3 day job but as you can see its worth it

I will post up MPG figures in the next few days as I don't actually know what its doing yet

I want too fussed about where the filler went

In the body would have been fine for me but he insisted it would fit

He does all his gas jobs under the bonnet that neat

Take a look at this one it's a BMW M3 COMPACT

Yes you read that right !!!

A friend had LPG system fitted to his 330i BMW, and at the time fitting he was told he would need a flashlube, he said he didn't want it and now his engine has failed ands the car is at BMW while he finds a new engine, BMW apparently advise him it was due to the LPG system his engine had gone failed

Sorry about posting up a BMW on this quality site !!!

For the fact of blowing up engines I have never heard of it on a BMW ever

Take a look here

http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12801

Don't forget the earlier Range Rover L322 are all 4.4 BMW engines and they are perfect

Hello Adam, now that all is revealed, I would hope you wont mind answering a few questions about LPG which have cropped up on here many times, as there are plenty LS and GS members running on LPG. I'll start the ball rolling and ask, why do some systems trigger the EML and is there a solution to this problem. Thanks.

Yes there is a simple solution.

Without wanting to get peoples backs up the simple answer is get your car tuned correctly

If the MIL light comes on it is for a problem

No matter what anyone tells you this is the only correct answer

Normally it will throw up fault codes like system too lean or system too rich

My most favourite excuse was "the cars computer system cannot comprehend why it is running yet not using any fuel so it thinks thee is a fault so puts a light on" this is the biggest load of plums ever.

It's simple just get the car done properly and you will have none or very little problems. Not recommending anyone in particular as there are plenty of good installers out there. Just make sure you get one of the good ones

The LPG'er I'm using has been in business 10yrs and recently opened new premises near me. Before that, he was in the motor trade 30 yrs. I bought the car with LPG on it and took it to him to check and he said there's no need to be running around with the EML on. It needs the mixture adjusting and its got to be done in 5% increments. If it comes on again bring it back as it only takes 5 minutes to adjust. Do this till its OK. I've been back 4 times over about 2 months and yesterday he had a right miserable heed on him and said ..its a Lexus, you may have to put up with it or take the bulb out. One more thing which he wont accept is his code reader triggers my VCS lights but thanks to this great forum I now know the paper clip cure. If the light comes on again I'll take it back and bollocks to his miserable mood. Your reply and his initial assessment are pretty much on a par but he's turned into a right misery.

First time it was done the EML was off for about a week and the same when I had it done the second time. I ran the car until the tank was empty to establish how much LPG I could get in. The seller told me it was 55litre tank. Anyhow, it took 46 litres which sounds right and I did 213miles, mostly round the doors. During this time the EML came on, as usual, and then went off after about a week, then on again about a week later, so pretty regular. After running out of LPG I drove for about 8 miles on petrol and then filled up(46ltrs) and when I pulled away the EML went out and stayed off for.....guess!! about a week. So, it was done again yesterday and we'll wait and see how long its off. LPG North East Jarrow NE32 3RA. BIGAS ECU. Stako tank. Dont know the injectors. I've put a thread on the GS forum a few weeks ago which may be helpful. Not sure about the codes but he said it was weak. I assume he's increasing the mixture by 5% increments each time I've had it back.

Yes when I bought the kit it slipped my mind to get the Valve Lube Kit

I will be putting it in soon though

Hi Adam I drove my last one for 60k not useing flashlube my mate done 145k with no flash lube & was told it was not required when I had this one converted. Are you just being safe or should I really have one fitted, Mark

Yes when I bought the kit it slipped my mind to get the Valve Lube Kit

I will be putting it in soon though

Hi Adam I drove my last one for 60k not useing flashlube my mate done 145k with no flash lube & was told it was not required when I had this one converted. Are you just being safe or should I really have one fitted, Mark

I have driven for 16+ years on LPG and I have never ever had a flash lube system fitted and several of the cars I still know of are into having run 100,000+ miles on LPG without any problem what so ever.

With it being a (Toyota) and a VVTI it is definately recommended so as a precaution it is better to have it

As I have said in the past, for the extra £100 it MAY save you a £3000 repair bill later down the line

Hi Adam, I've been away for a few days and just wondered if you had any more thoughts on my EML intermittent problem. Its still off since last week when it was done so fingers crossed.

It is just going to be out of tune slightly thats all

If you are to get hold of an EOBD scanner that will plug into it and look at your fuel trims they should be at 0% fluctuating as close as posible to that

Thanks Adam, if the light comes back on I'll ask my regular garage, next time I'm there to read the codes, and I'll note them, as he does mine for nowt. The family have used him for donkeys years.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke too soon!!. After nearly 4 weeks, which is the best I've done, the EML came on again. I've had it turned off along with another 5% adjustment. LPG'er isn't happy about the installation and has suggested a module to rectify the EML problem or take out the bulb. I'll see how this goes and maybe try a different LPG place.

has suggested a module to rectify the EML problem or take out the bulb.

"......................................" speechless !!!!!

Can you upload some photos of under the bonnet seeming as though you said that they are unhappy with the install.

I'm wondering if the problem can be spotted just by looking at what is installed.

i.e if the vaporiser is the small 140bhp and you give it a load of right foot it will clearly run weak putting your light on

If the injectors are old skool and are too slow to keep up with the car this can happen too

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links