Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

20 Years Old And 39K Miles....a No Brainer, Or....

Looks a pleasant enough Mk2, wonder if the cam belt has been changed within the last 10 years though ? and the exhaust being stainless steel, ...... why was it renewed I wonder ??

and as for those wheels ..... an improvement !!! I think not.

But there we have it, a low mileage Mk2 at sub £2k ..... maybe a collectors item and endless years of probably trouble free luxurious motoring.

Malc

Personally I would never pay £3000 for a '93 Ls400, regardless of the miles. For that amount you can pick up a mint low mileage MKIV on LPG or a 430 even.

The interior does look new, but then the gubbins inside the seats (heaters etc) still ages regardless.

The wheels make it look like a drug dealer option gone wrong, and I would maybe consider giving £1500.

Mk4 is big improvement, and Mk2's suffer from the stalling engine issue a lot of the time.

I also assume that bushes etc, still degrade with time as much as with mileage, so a 20 year old car will need some attention here some time soon.

Also low mileage may indicate just poottling about which does engine no good, when it needs a darned good run at least once a month.

I personally would not go near it.

I have bought my car with 253000 on the clock and we all saw the rev test the other day with the cup of water

I am not saying that this MK2 won't do that either however I am saying to do such little mileage like that it will have needed to be laid up for ages.

Being laid up means added rust and seized things

I like to buy a car knowing its been used - not wrapped in cotton wool

I would bet that it will need some major work done soon ie calipers, handbrake cables, ball joints all because it hasn't been used

Just my opinion though but it is really tidy

• Like 1

I personally would not go near it.

I have bought my car with 253000 on the clock and we all saw the rev test the other day with the cup of water

I am not saying that this MK2 won't do that either however I am saying to do such little mileage like that it will have needed to be laid up for ages.

Being laid up means added rust and seized things

I like to buy a car knowing its been used - not wrapped in cotton wool

I would bet that it will need some major work done soon ie calipers, handbrake cables, ball joints all because it hasn't been used

Just my opinion though but it is really tidy

I agree entirely. My Mk 3 has done 228,800 and my Mki 4 167,000. Both run beautifully and I haven't got the slightest worry.

Hi all, new member looking for an LS 400. The ad states that the final price is non negotiable - standard eBay conditions I think, but that "tyre kickers will be refused". I take this to mean no opportunity to examine or test drive to see if it is as described. I would not touch it with a barge pole.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links