Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After 400H Recall Work Av. Fuel Figures Lower.

After recall work was completed my 400h fuel consumption went from an average of around 33 mpg to 26/7 mpg.

Still driving the same way so anyone any suggestions for the significant indicated drop?

Interesting... I would say that my MPG has improved since the recall work, although the dealer tells me it should not have made any difference.

I noticed a big difference to start with, and in doubt reset the computer. Now I find that over the few 110's miles covered since the recall work, the consumption has averaged out to what it was before the work was done... with a slight improvement.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine seemed worse after the recall too, 24mpg down from 28mpg. Mind you my journeys have changed recently and so has the weather so perhaps that's a factor. I've done the reset this evening so I'll see if that helps.

Hi Guys,
I have got my recall on the 16th, Any advice?
I have had my Lexus from new and when the MPG starts to go down from 29 to 26.6 it is normally the air filter needs changing. but not this time any ideas?
I had the major service in September not by Lexus and the timing belt renewed,

With regards to MPG, I drove from Winchester to Manchester and back on Wednesday (university visit). One passenger, outside temperature stayed between 2 and 8 degrees, cruise control set to 75mph most of the way, lights on, climate control set at 22 degrees, radio on all the way. Oh, and while the recall work was recently done, the car is due a service.

Average MPG was 31.4 (according to the computer), which I don't think is bad.

With regards to MPG, I drove from Winchester to Manchester and back on Wednesday (university visit). One passenger, outside temperature stayed between 2 and 8 degrees, cruise control set to 75mph most of the way, lights on, climate control set at 22 degrees, radio on all the way. Oh, and while the recall work was recently done, the car is due a service.

Average MPG was 31.4 (according to the computer), which I don't think is bad.

I had a similar experience the other day. Drove from the Wirral to Stoke-On-Trent and back. Outside temp 7 degrees, cruise at 70/75 all of the wayo on the motorways, returned 31.4 mpg. Not bad for a car this size but dissapointing when compared to claimed mpg. Is there a way to reset the system. I remember there was such a procedure for the Rx400h. I also noticed that my RX400 was much better when the outside temperature was higher. On another thread on this forum, a person says he keeps his tyre pressures at 38 psi front, 42 psi back and gets the quoted figures. Worth a try I suppose, but must be careful about tyre wear and more importanly the handling and adhesion to the road. Think I will try this today and report back in a short time.

Just done the trip to Stoke on Trent and back again, 130 mile round trip with the tyre pressures at 38 front and 42 rear, no significant difference, 32 mpg apart from a harder ride. Set them back to 34 all round.

I noticed a smell of petrol this week when entering and at times leaving the car, Lexus said it was normal when cold?????. Got them to look at it today, it appears that some T**t has tried to get the fuel line off at the engine end, Lexus now say the car is un-drivable and a replacement pipe is required. Just as well I insisted.

• 4 months later...

Just done the trip to Stoke on Trent and back again, 130 mile round trip with the tyre pressures at 38 front and 42 rear, no significant difference, 32 mpg apart from a harder ride. Set them back to 34 all round.

I noticed a smell of petrol this week when entering and at times leaving the car, Lexus said it was normal when cold?????. Got them to look at it today, it appears that some T**t has tried to get the fuel line off at the engine end, Lexus now say the car is un-drivable and a replacement pipe is required. Just as well I insisted.

Hi there,

Just wondering where exactly is the fuel line at the front located? Is it by any chance reachable if removing underhood plastic in the top left corner (under car)?

Asking as I just noticed this weekend when returning to the car from a hike around Ivinghoe Beacon that the plastic was loose and one plastic screw anchor was on the ground... Strange that it fell of just like that when car was parked...

Hi there,

Just wondering where exactly is the fuel line at the front located? Is it by any chance reachable if removing underhood plastic in the top left corner (under car)?

Asking as I just noticed this weekend when returning to the car from a hike around Ivinghoe Beacon that the plastic was loose and one plastic screw anchor was on the ground... Strange that it fell of just like that when car was parked...

I'm not sure where the pipe was exactly. Local Lexus dealer tells me that there is a problem with parts under the RX400/RX450 being removed by unscrupulous people for resale. They reckon they do not leave display RXs outside with their Cat Convertors still fitted as they have been targeted a number of times. There are a certain type of people around their location who are renowned for being thieving B*****ds. Be warned. With regard to fuel consumption the RX450 still returns between 28 and 30 mpg around town, and similar on the motorway. I had a blowout on the offside rear and had to drive 150 miles on the space saver at 50 mph. Best consumption was 38 mpg overall. Still love the car but I wish the mpg was as claimed by Lexus.

Lexus don't "claim" any fuel consumption data. They report EU data according to EU rules. No one would drive a car in the manner of the statutory tests so don't be misled or think it is a useful statistic. They are not allowed to use any other.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links