Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Jusy Bought This Car To Add In The Collection!

KentIS300

While almost brought the GS300 to the standards I like :) :) in the meantime I wanted something else...

to set me on the edge lol

and this came along.... was looking for one of them for a couple of years! But when the right came along in the right price well I grabbed it!

Pictures were taken yesterday after I started the detailing process.

Has done only 55000 miles with full Mazda service history only 2owners from new (53 plate car)

and believe it or not in a showroom condition inside out!! drives the same too

Sooo pleased to add in the collection. :) :)

And if needed when its needed ... will budget for an engine rebuild lol ... it costs roughly the same as the cambelt change of an LS400 or GS400 so cannot complaint hehe

It had all around new Bridgestone tyres last year

All around new disks and pads last year

Colis/plugs/cables all new last year

Done 2,000 miles since 2011!! lol :) (900 last year)

post-39619-0-39990500-1385966309_thumb.j

post-39619-0-18290200-1385966353_thumb.j

post-39619-0-34259100-1385966392_thumb.j

post-39619-0-16565800-1385966432_thumb.j

post-39619-0-90755600-1385966534_thumb.j

post-39619-0-92538500-1385966576_thumb.j

post-39619-0-45208900-1385966626_thumb.j

post-39619-0-41743900-1385966476_thumb.j

Well done Vasilis! Excellent choice on the car and it looks very tidy!

Being an early model, have you checked if it has had all the recalls done?

My best friend has an RX-8, and I have spent a lot of time driving and working on it. To partially answer John's question above, his RX-8 consumes roughly 250ml of engine oil per 1000 miles.

Well done Vasilis! Excellent choice on the car and it looks very tidy!

Being an early model, have you checked if it has had all the recalls done?

My best friend has an RX-8, and I have spent a lot of time driving and working on it. To partially answer John's question above, his RX-8 consumes roughly 250ml of engine oil per 1000 miles.

Thanks Ganesh. I had heard that they gulped oil.

I think that they are the only car now in production with a ****el engine, the NSU RO80 being the first I believe.

I seem to recall a (then new) 50p piece being sat on the engine whilst it was running and it did not bat an eyelid so to speak.

But all credit to Mazda for sticking with the development and I hope that Vasailis has many happy days with his lovely Rx-8.

Regards

John

Thank you guys.

Well today took it to it's maiden voyage! :) :)

Did about 70% motorway and 30% London Centre traffic!

All in all used almost 1tank of petrol (61ltrs) an did about 320 miles! and was not hanging about lol (well I was when I was in stand still traffic lol)

With my IS300 used to get about 350 out of a tank!! and it had 70ltrs!!!

So I call it even in fuel consumption

(John) Only extra expense is about 250ml of oil per 1000miles so £2.50 per 1000miles lets say. It all depends how the engine is worked...

And also I do put 150ml of 2T oil in a full tank of fuel, helps the engine a bit futher.

But I must admit!!! boy it does drive like it is on rails!! remind me a bit of my IS300 when it was lowered, a bit of my MR2 ... and a bit of mad motorbike sound! lol

It is hard to drive it calmly!! it is begging to be pushed to the limiter!!

It also amazed me that when my mates and neighbours found that I bought one, they wanted to get a closer look and a spin around the block as they always liked/loved them BUT they are/were too scared to buy one! lol

Makes me smile! to hear the same story 3-4 times in a day lol

(Ganesh) Athough the car has full Mazda service history I did go to the dealer that did most Services in Canterbury and asked them if all the recalls were done, he did say that since the services are done at Mazda it is most likely everything is done. He did check though and all is OK :) :)

They offered me a price for a 12,500miles or Annual service for £165! lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links