Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Saw My First Is300H On The Road

So I spent around 7 hours in the car yesterday, A14, A1, M25, M4, London - North circular, M11, A11, A14 and saw my first IS300h on the road - right at M25/M4 jct heading anticlockwise - dark grey colour F Sport and looked very M3 like as it went by (I was going onto the M4) from the rear as the different tyre widths were obvious.

Very refreshing that in all that time I only see 1.. No doubt this will change as we all get our cars..

I have not seen any other F-Sports on the road at all yet even though I only work a few miles from the Lexus garage. Strangely, other than in pictures, I am yet to see one in Ultra Blue one either - there was not even one in the showroom in that colour. Ultra Blue was was my second choice but chose silver in the end as I did not want to get one without seeing it in the flesh first.

The only other one I've seen "on the road" here in Northern Ireland (although I see it frequently as we obviously shop at the same place) is an ultra blue F-sport.

My own view is you were wise to choose silver - the blue almost looks purple. But everyone has their own judgement, of course!

Would I be right in saying that apart from the rear badge and blue logo on the grille,the only way to tell it apart from the 250 is the exhaust pipes (or rather lack of) on view?

Hi DJP

Assuming you cant see the interior and you are loking at the outside, then what you say is correvt, however, there is also the addition of 'hybrid' badges on the lower sills (both sides) on the rear part of the car just before the rear wheel arches as well.

If you could see inside the interior gives away more clues because of the dashboard instruments having somewhere to indicate the status of the Battery etc rather than just the rev counter.

One final clue is the addition of the EV mode button by the mode selector which you don't get in the 250.

I've seen two, the day I had the test drive - mine and the young lady driving hers were both Black F Sports, standing next to each other at the lights….and one about 3 weeks ago on the M6 between J4 and 3 southbound (Black F sport too) Friday evening

Another black F-Sport on the road from Tuesday . Personally I've seen a white F-Sport on the M60 which looked really cool and then a grey Luxury in Oldham which looked a bit dull. It's a shame that Lexus only do one solid, would have been nice to have had at least some choice!

• 2 weeks later...

I just seen my first 3IS today in West Cumbria........ OMG it's mine.

Pictures needed..

I did see an Ultra Blue F Sport in the dark on the M6 last week coming back from Scotland. Since then I've been up to Liverpool and about a fair bit - not another IS300h in sight..

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my IS300h F Sport (Sonic Titanium) in August and second day I had it, parked up in the local Morrisons only to come out to find an IS300h Premier parked next to it. Apart from that seen a grand total of two, an Ultra Blue on the M6 Toll and a White on the M5.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw my first 300h F Sport today, parked in the car park of the Compleat Angler in Marlow, Bucks. Black on Dark Rose. Looked very nice. The river was running very high, must have been very close to flooding at the worst of it. Lovely lunch too. Averaged just under 50 MPG on the 150 odd mile trip.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links