BCC7A06D-BCA1-4154-A6C0-2F86F3D4DD3E_zps

9ED3C483-B857-40D8-9B77-400820C56E0C_zps

D36D5877-6F5E-4621-ABB0-5E980BAAB844_zps

20781BEF-20AF-4DFE-B6EB-888F89134231_zps

ED45C13D-FD13-4641-A518-23A9F2D4AAEB_zps

28EFAA5E-5982-4F3B-B9A3-251F3F5BA48E_zps

2B473C60-715E-4FEF-9020-999999E18A2B_zps

46BBDAD6-3B97-447A-BDEF-195A711E5791_zps

77k miles, FSH, passed MOT on Saturday with no advisories.

Having a little issue with the car throwing an O2 sensor code every 20 miles.......see other thread :whistling:

Apart from that it seems a great car. Loving the extra power, it's quite addictive!

• Like 1

Looks and sounds like a great car, shame about the sensor problem but I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Never having driven a 2.0 IS it's hard to comment in the jump in power but would imagine it's significant, superb engine though........enjoy :winky:

Old car went as is Matt and has been sold. Couldn't be bothered with all that plus the TTE bumpers I had didn't have the headlight washer jet holes and I need them on the 300 as I have HID's. I didn't really like the interior either but after doing a few hundred miles in it it's really growing on me and is very clean for the cream interior. Also I have to say the seats are far far more comfy than the 200 and the car overall just feels better like it really is in a different league. It's so much smoother and quieter than the 200 :) :)

No Ian, these Aeros came on the car, still got my old ones too so now I have 9 aero wheels! :lol:

Thanks Barney, yeah I'll get to the bottom if the sensor problem. No doubt ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Noreen :)

My favourite thing is the stereo system that's in the car. It's touch screen DVD/TV player, Sat Nav, and all connects to my Iphone via Bluetooth the second I sit in the car and my phone including the music then becomes controllable from the head unit screen and phone calls come through the speakers and even the contacts name and pic I have on the phone displays on the head unit screen. Oh and it's got a Lexus screensaver so it looks OEM.... Love it!! Really decent piece of kit :) :)

Here you go, I posted this on another thread.

I've got this touchscreen head unit in my 300, but they're about £500 so depends on how much you're looking to spend. It's a kenwood DNX5220BT.

D71C8619-448F-4C62-9175-78D946B6FB78_zps

A9E2F7CB-E557-4F45-BAB3-F0532D824F36_zps

6035C073-8EE7-4280-BF90-24F4A084D1D6_zps

19C616A5-502D-4794-BA58-C4738562F156_zps

A841C4E8-698D-4A1B-8202-3DD5FD71E9F9_zps

172F302E-784C-4D87-A422-10330CBAEE42_zps

46BBDAD6-3B97-447A-BDEF-195A711E5791_zps

EDEC6E84-032A-4E82-935E-56AF27AC7115_zps

It basically does everything you could ever want.

Radio, SAT NAV, phone, DVD + CD player, TV, I pod/iPhone connection either Bluetooth or charger cable which charges. USB connection. It remembers your phone so connects via Bluetooth instantly.

Everything on your phone is accessible via the head unit. Contacts, SMS, music, videos.

It's not voice activated but your contact list comes up on the screen and you can save 6 quick dial numbers so it's just one button press to call on the head unit.

It's fantastic to be honest. :)

Really nice car Chris, like the stereo system looks awesome, looks like it is OEM and came with the car. Nice low miles and looks in great condition. If you don't mind me asking how much was it, as I would like to upgrade to an IS300 and get an idea how much more it would be. Is the insurance more and how is the economy?

Thanks mate.

Yep that's the reason I love the head unit as well. OEM looking :)

The lights around the buttons can be changed to a number of different colours but amber blends in with the rest of the dash.

Car was £2250. Head unit alone is worth £500. I was looking at similar mileage 300's with full service history and they were priced £2.5k-£4k, with a few £5k dreamers!! :lol:

So I think I got a good deal.

You can get a 300 for £1.5k if you don't mind a high miler with patchy or no service history that's not in the best condition etc.

My insurance increased by £34 a year. To be fair I thought it would have been more.

Oh and the economy.... It's ridiculous. I always thought the 200 and 300 were similar, but no. Even driving like a complete grandad I can't match the 200 on my commute. Was getting 350 miles to the tank driving steady in the 200, pushed 400 miles a couple of times. So far I've got 230 miles until the light came on from the first tank, ok I used the extra power a lot so I figured that accounted for it. Then 270 and that was really trying. Then I stopped counting, I thought that was best! :lol:

I know I'm visiting esso more frequently that's for sure but I'm not going to moan. I knew I was buying a 3 litre car :)

Chris, you got an absolute bargain especially with that stereo. I was looking on Autotrader straight after seeing your car and there aren't many out there with less than 80k miles or around that sort of money. I was told the economy would not be great, but you don't buy a car like that and then start worrying about economy. Compared to the 200 does it get up to temperature quicker, as that is where I am loosing out on economy. We do a lot of short journeys so the car is never really warmed up its always reving high and using a lot of fuel. Didn't have that problem in the 3 series, but that didn't have all the extra's either. Does this have a 5 speed auto? I would have thought that would have helped.

Oh and the economy.... It's ridiculous. I always thought the 200 and 300 were similar, but no. Even driving like a complete grandad I can't match the 200 on my commute. Was getting 350 miles to the tank driving steady in the 200, pushed 400 miles a couple of times. So far I've got 230 miles until the light came on from the first tank, ok I used the extra power a lot so I figured that accounted for it. Then 270 and that was really trying. Then I stopped counting, I thought that was best! :lol:

I know I'm visiting esso more frequently that's for sure but I'm not going to moan. I knew I was buying a 3 litre car :)

That's why I laugh when I hear guys with 200 complaining... 300 is over 100KG heavier and cant have power without sacrificing on economy...put your foot in and realise it doesn't hung about compared to your previous car ;) ... strange as it sounds ECT PWR does help with economy.. helps car pickup speed more quickly so desired speed is reached and you can ease off quickly and feather the throttle.

tried M mode yet :D ??

mainly engine and gearbox weight I guess. not forgetting parts like radiator, fan, exhaust header, steering rake and even Battery weight might all contribute to this..to be honest mpg is not too bad if driven with light foot and as I found with ECT PWR aswell. as said they do drive totally different to the 200..well its a 3 litre so its bound to..mines coming up to 2years of ownership and might be changing to something else maybe next year ..and would recommend a 300 if you are looking for something more smoother with a bit more oomph if and when needed.

Nice1 Chris. Like you said how can you turn it down at that price! Im one for the cream interiors, looks gorgeous. Not sure ide agree that A2DP is anything to rave about though? I had it on my headunit in my last car and the quality was aweful.

And ive never believed a IS300 has similar MPG to a IS200 because realistically your never going to drive it like a 200 with that extra power on tap lol

So how you liking the autobox? Do you use it in M mostly coming from a manual? Or are you getting sucked into the pleasures of a auto lol

• Like 1

Firstly the head unit is absolute quality in every way including sound quality and it is something to rave about Pete! ;)

yes a faulty O2 sensor can cause poor mpg but not really when it's the sensor after the CAT that monitors emissions. The light is off at the moment anyway. Hasn't come back on in over a 1000 miles now.

Hardly use m mode, always just stick it in D and go.

No Stuart I sold my 200, only up for sale for a week and it went :) and no, no modifications now to this one, keeping it standard.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links