Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mercedes Brought Down A Peg.

Why, when overtaking on a dual carriageway does the bloke in the car next to you always put his foot down? Had this happen to me again this morning on the way to work. A '62' plate E class Mercedes driver just floored it as I was passing him. Perhaps these people can't bear the thought of being 'outdone' by an old Lexus. Anyway, without thinking, I floored it too.. Result? Old 'W' plate Lexus, 1, new '62' plate Merc, nil. The Lexy pulled well ahead and stayed there. These cars can really shift. (My apologies to Mr. Plod).

• Like 4

I had the same thing with a young boy today(eventhough I am only 23 myself) he tried it on with me in a 320 BMW

I mean of all cars to try but he was a bit of an idiot. I kept up with him all the way upto 100mph in a 50 zone and then backed off as i thought that it was getting a bit idiotic and it just isn't worth it at all, I like my car its comfortable and MUCH nicer than a crappy little BMW, why should I have to prove myself ?

Disclaimer: the above fact may not be true !!!!

Oh and I popped in to see one of my customers on the way home tonight and I left my keys in the car and left it running, he quickly jumped into it and spun it around the block at alledgedly 80mph over a mile straight road through town. When he got out he said "bloody hell, thats comfy !!!"

I managed to get myself in the wrong lane the other week, was wondering how to get myself corrected when this suped up 3 series revved up in the lane I wanted to be in.

I was a little nervous but floored it anyway when the lights changed..... long story short, I had nowt to worry about..... Lexus wins again :driving:

Oh and I popped in to see one of my customers on the way home tonight and I left my keys in the car and left it running, he quickly jumped into it and spun it around the block at alledgedly 80mph over a mile straight road through town. When he got out he said "bloody hell, thats comfy !!!"

WOW, your customer is a proper moron.

I had the same thing with a young boy today(eventhough I am only 23 myself) he tried it on with me in a 320 BMW

I mean of all cars to try but he was a bit of an idiot. I kept up with him all the way upto 100mph in a 50 zone and then backed off as i thought that it was getting a bit idiotic and it just isn't worth it at all, I like my car its comfortable and MUCH nicer than a crappy little BMW, why should I have to prove myself ?

these cars can be so quite - i remember starting my 400 from cold - then having to pop back inside for something - when i came back i was turning the key again and was wondering why it wasnt starting when it was already running!!

these cars can be so quite - i remember starting my 400 from cold - then having to pop back inside for something - when i came back i was turning the key again and was wondering why it wasnt starting when it was already running!!

Quiet - Quite. I sometimes think I've stalled at lights the engine is so smooth. Of course that is why they give you tacho so you can see the engine is still running!!

Bad on my part I know BUT if I find I'm having to overtake at speed on the motorway and the bugger on the inside starts playing silly buggers and doesn't let me pass I just don't try ...... BUT I do keep alongside him for as long as it takes, which isn't too long before HE needs to overtake the car in front of him and he can't coz I'm in the space he wants to be in ........ a little satisfaction for me, silly I know ....... ..... then I fly away ...... as usual, effortlessly

Malc

• Like 2

Why, when overtaking on a dual carriageway does the bloke in the car next to you always put his foot down? Had this happen to me again this morning on the way to work. A '62' plate E class Mercedes driver just floored it as I was passing him. Perhaps these people can't bear the thought of being 'outdone' by an old Lexus. Anyway, without thinking, I floored it too.. Result? Old 'W' plate Lexus, 1, new '62' plate Merc, nil. The Lexy pulled well ahead and stayed there. These cars can really shift. (My apologies to Mr. Plod).

and these cars do it so effortlessly and quietly - ill say it again - these cars are "quietly brilliant"!

• Like 1

The best thing I have ever seen anyone do on the motorway is when they see a moron in the middle lane doing 60mph they pull in infront of them and then gradually slow down to about 45mph which in turn makes the moron pull out unto the outside lane at said speed and normally gets into trouble with a speeding Audi or BMW that comes up behind. Nasty trick but it shocks some people into driving the correct speed on a motorway

Ignorant morons they are, these are the same morons that cut in front of a lorry with inches to spare, especially when they near an exit ramp, then they have the cheek to blame truckers for holding them up, slap em in irons i say and deep heat their freshly shaved gonads as a lesson.

As for the Lexie, they are effortless at any speed, you do have to watch it though, before you realise you can be doing a ton and not even notice. And the feeling of being safe as well, lets keep it our Lexus family secret.

• Like 2

and these cars do it so effortlessly and quietly - ill say it again - these cars are "quietly brilliant"!

To steal HTC's tagline ;)

yes - but its so appropriate lol

• Like 1

yes - but its so appropriate lol

True, I had an MG ZT (BMW diesel) before my hybrid. It's incredible how quiet they are especially when stopped at traffic lights.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links