Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

One Lady Owner, 43K Mk4 Ls On Ebay.

Timing belt changed at 28000 miles - must be age related.

No doubt this one is used to go back and forth to the local shop etc - not very good for the engine, even for a ls400

That was purchased for a lot less than the asking price on saturday just gone from Blackburn. Unfortunately i saw the advert on autotrader too late as by the time i called they had sold it. I spoke to the guy who is selling it before he picked it up and he offered it to me for a lot less than the price he has listed it for. As i didnt have the cash readily available i had to pass on it. I was absolutely gutted though as i could have had an awesome bargain that i would likely have kept it for a long long time.

That was purchased for a lot less than the asking price on saturday just gone from Blackburn. Unfortunately i saw the advert on autotrader too late as by the time i called they had sold it. I spoke to the guy who is selling it before he picked it up and he offered it to me for a lot less than the price he has listed it for. As i didnt have the cash readily available i had to pass on it. I was absolutely gutted though as i could have had an awesome bargain that i would likely have kept it for a long long time.

Go on then, give us the numbers.

I think at that price a full 12 months MOT is required not < 2 months.

Agreed and with no advisories and it should have plenty of tax.

Pretty low of him to buy a car, do nothing to it and then sell it at such a big mark up

Why?

Just seems a bit low to me that's all.

Not to me, best of luck to the bloke I say. If he makes a few bob on what's a good car sobeit. Mind you I'd knock him down a bit because of the brief MOT AND I'd certainly have it inspected by the AA/RAC before buying

Good luck to the guy - after all, it is no different to any of us buying a house, doing it up (adding value) and selling it on and making a nice tidy profit all in a short timescale. Business is business, right? He will after all only get what someone is prepared to pay anyway....

• Like 1

Good luck to the guy - after all, it is no different to any of us buying a house, doing it up (adding value) and selling it on and making a nice tidy profit all in a short timescale. Business is business, right? He will after all only get what someone is prepared to pay anyway....

Nothing wrong with that, but you talk of doing the house up therefore you have every right to ask for more as you've put more money into it. This guy has done nothing to the car. But as you say business is business, horrible cut throat world we live in these days.

In fairness, we have no idea what the bloke has spent, and presumably he is a trader, so will be taxed on his profit.

There is another thread running regarding the difference between Lexus dealer trade in and retail on the ISF, a lot more than this bloke will make.

Point taken, as you know when you refurb a house you carefully control your costs and do your comparables before you buy to make sure that there is a likelihood of you making a profit over and above what you put in - for example, buy at £85k, spend £6000 on refurb and sell for £125k....yes, you are adding value, creating a nice home for someone, helping to uplift an area, providing work for tradesmen - so you are doing so much more than just making money by giving back to others in so many ways and making a decent profit to boot. So in essence you have an 'opportunity' here to make money.

Our man selling the LS has merely spotted an opportunity and taken advantage of it and if he makes a grand for what appears on face value to be a good car then great - that means another owner will potentially join the community here, contribute and hopefully talk to us before he hands over any dosh!

Now consider - my Father bought a brand new Merc E350 Cdi through a Merc stealer and traded his E320 Cdi and they gave him £9k for this - it appeared on the forecourt for around £13k within days!

Ok guys point taken. Business is business.....

Maybe that's why I'm not rich yet, not cut throat enough :lol:

No, you don't have to be cut throat to be rich, if you remember the principle of giving back to others and the laws of leverage coupled with your own self belief, that is one way to do it!

My 11 years love affair with the Ls400 started with my garage buying a secondhand Ls400 " in " to trade/retail out for a profit, couldn't sell it ( not sure I wanted to really ) ........ I kept it and ran it for years as my personal car and today here I am on my third ............... :hohoho:

From potential commercial avarice has come years of pleasure ......... it's good.

The next owner of THAT one just might keep it for a good long time and simply ENJOY ( even the trader might if he doesn't sell it )

Malc

If the guy ever gets back to me I might still buy it. Ive been after one for ages and unfortunately missed out becaue i didnt think it was fair to call the advertiser at 10pm. And when i did it was sold. I still wouldnt pay that much for it though considering he did offer it for 3400. I say fair do's to him he's a business man and if he can get that much for it then why not. He obviously knows / thinks someone will pay it.

• Like 1

I have always been taught that there is an arse for every seat

If I have an old scrap montego but love the car so much I would probably take no less than 10k for it

I know I will never get that but if someone wants to offer that then the can tow it away !!!

(I don't have one but its an example)

The next lesson I was taught is the first offer is usually the best offer. I know this becaus there was one of my dads customers who had a BMW estate and wanted 12K for it. He got offered 9K and refused and he wanted to hold out for the full 12 or at least a bit closer.

The longer he held onto the the car the older it got and he ended up taking 8K for it

Where this comes into play is if you still want the car offer him 3400 for it which he will obviously refuse and then wait ................

6 months later (he will still have the car because not many people will be willing to pay 4250 for it) the car will be older and will have been sat for a while and he will want to get rid of it, offer him 2750 as you know this is more than he originally paid for it so he will probably bite your hand off.

Play the long game with it.

If it works then great. If, in the meantime it has sold, then you still have your money and you have lost nothing.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links