Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

H&s Exhaust ...

As most of you know I am looking at Hayward and Scott for a exhaust system for my ISF.

I went down to them today and they had a look at the car. Agreed that the best way forward is a cat back system that removes the mid pipe silencer and adds slightly smaller than stock back boxes with stock look quad pipes that are real!!!!!

Seem a really good garage and have an excellent reputation. Agreed they would need the car for 3 days so booked in on the 18th this month.

Cost 700+VAT including fitting so 840 all in :)

Will update on progress once the system is fitted.

Stuart

It is yes. I imagine they will keep the spec as I mentioned others may be interested.

I stated I wanted good sound under acceleration and burble at idle but not intrusive at motorway speed. Can't wait!

Stu

Sounds promising Stu. :)

Think you'll be getting yours done before me, so will be good to see/hear it at some point.

Maybe the Bluewater meet we talked about??

Any news on your Takeda yet?? Get mine in February. :)

Definitely up for a bluewater meet.

No update on intake. Last tracking update was 12th December. Contacted seller who contacted USPS. They said it is in the uk but Christmas will slow delivery.

They showed me the exit pipes and they are identical to stock. Explained sound I was after. They are very experienced chaps. Can't wait to have both fitted!

Hopefully it gets to you soon Stu. :)

Good thing is I will hopefully get to see and hear your H&S system before I decide on what I'm going to do.

May be easier to go the same route, rather than taking the car miles to get one made by the other chaps.

Having the same design tips is a touch as well. :)

Hi Stuart

I would be interested to see how well yours sounds.

Had mine done a few months ago, albeit a 2007 IS250, its a good well made system but I have found it a bit noisy for me. It is quietening down a bit now I have had it in use for a bit. It may get quieter in time.

I had a replacement cat back / centre silencer box and rear twin pipes but with mine being an auto it seems to be noisy in the lower rev range and doesn't sound right when in Drive due to the car when not on a run constantly looking for the right gear to be in when driving round.

Do you have an assurance from the manufacturer that the car will be quiet - inside the cabin for example.

I'll be asking what warranty/after sales service is offered. I imagine that if I want it quieter/louder id need to pay for larger back boxes or a silencer to be added.

I wouldn't ask them to guarantee a set db level as it's the first isf they would have worked on. Trusting their experience at the moment.

Stu

If its a stainless steel one there should be a lifetime warranty with it which I suppose if you are planning to keep the car then its worth it.

The noise has kind of ruined my driving experience inside the cabin on mine a bit but I am gradually getting used to it - sounds good outside though. That's why I was asking if they could assure you of the sound level as at first its hard to get used to - constant hum - certainly from mine anyway but I have the centre silencer so may be different on yours.

Ask if they can ship the old exhaust to your home - put it on eBay and put the money you sell it for against the new one.

Sold the back boxes from mine for £80 - less than what they were worth but it put a bit towards the new exhaust. It was only the centre piece that went on mine - the back boxes looked in good condition.

I'm quite surprised there are buyers for these, given the limited number of ISF's on the road.

Fair to say most exhausts after 5yrs of use on UK roads will be showing signs of wear.

The tips I can understand, as these are more cosmetic items, and not actually functional per se.

Did see a post somewhere saying it might be worthwhile to have the tips re-tack welded? Bit involved if you need to remove the rear bumper etc (lots of soft plastics surrounding the tips!), but can be done in situ if you find someone with a steady hand and a tiny flame on the welding torch! :)

Just noticed the one that sold was for the IS250. ;)

Did think it was odd if it was for the ISF (ours are the early cars Stu. Can't see how we would have better condition systems than anyone else out there with an ISF? Unless it's someone that lives by the sea or in the countryside I guess - salt/corrosion issues).

id like to see what it looks like and as i live five mins from Bluewater keep me posted on a meet please. I don't want to ruin motorway nois but quite fancy it sounding more interesting from the outside...

id like to see what it looks like and as i live five mins from Bluewater keep me posted on a meet please. I don't want to ruin motorway nois but quite fancy it sounding more interesting from the outside...

It will look like stock minus the mesh.

Sound wise that's what I requested. M5/3, amg etc manage it so don't see it being an issue. If I find it too loud I'll just have a small silencer installed in the mid pipe.

Also, I think systems take 1000 miles or so to bed in until you hear the true sound.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links