Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Morning everybody I have been the proud owner of my ls 460 for 16 months,this morning I came out to find that scum had decided to engage there brain cell and "key" the whole of the passager side of my mint car.Words fail me all I can say is that i am glad that I didn't catch them

some people just do not realise how a few seconds of their stupid actions can cause so much grief and how much time and effort is needed to put such damage right not to mention the huge costs involved.

We seemed to have more and more cases of this recently on LOC

my Mark 3 got keyed years ago - im surprised my 430 hasnt yet!

I Know this is small comfort to anyone who as had this done but it means that you are succesful in life and the person who did this has a sad one. I never leave my car in a vunerable place and never park next to any cay more than a year old I am more able to do this these days as I only use the Lexus occasionly and I am very selective were I go in it.

This is not practible for everyone I know but using this care I have had no damage to my two Lexus in seventeen years.

• Like 1

Hey Simon,you have my fullest sympathy,as Mark mentioned above,this seems to be becoming a disturbingly regular occurrence these days, -not just with Lexus owners,and I have to admit,that like ambermarine,I too,am becoming very selective who I park next to in Supermarket car parks,and the like, our beloved Lexux's are a vandal-magnet it seems, sadly,a sign of the times,and not much we can do to prevent it happening,-cars are for driving,not sitting in a garage,we can't wrap them in cotton wool-I hope you manage to get the damage rectified, anyway,with minimal damage to your wallet.

at the supermarket i go to ,there's a part of the carpark no,one parks in much cos people want to park inside really or to idle to walk far,i always park there i leave it on its own,but invariably when i get back someone has parked right next to me in spite of there being 50 or so spaces all around,the car must be a magnet to others

at the supermarket i go to ,there's a part of the carpark no,one parks in much cos people want to park inside really or to idle to walk far,i always park there i leave it on its own,but invariably when i get back someone has parked right next to me in spite of there being 50 or so spaces all around,the car must be a magnet to others

I have always wondered why people do that. Perhaps they just don't want their cars to get lonely while they do the shopping.

Its also strange that when you find yourself pooddeling along someone drives out in front of you making you brake to avoid a collision they will then turn off right about a 100yds up the road holding you up further while they have to wait for on coming traffic to clear. Mike

There was an incident a few years ago in my local town where some moron decided to cut me up not once but twice.

By coincidence I ended up in the same car park and seeing the guy sitting in the offending car went over to it.

I politely asked "what's your problem?" and without hesitation he replied "that" pointing to my car.

He then went off on one and was soon joined by his wife who turned the air blue!

They were both elderly and to look at them butter wouldn't have melted in their mouths.

Realising this was going nowhere I left them with their french made people carrier and fortunately my car was intact on my return.

I am glad to say I have never ever felt jealous towards anyone for anything they have. It must be dreadful to have such anger inside you. I would have thought that someone of more advancing years would have got over it but obviously not. Human Nature??

Mike

I fell for you chap. Had one side of my seat leon keyed from one end to the other. Luckily it was a bit beaten up so didnt worry me too much.

There was a chap on the RX8 forum who had every panel keyed with a cross, even the roof and door mirrors!!! He got the car re-sprayed to have the same thing hapen again :0(

Expensive to put right and makes your blood boil.

Last week a chap parked next to me and gave me a dirty look. Wasnt sure if he wanted to move my car forward? His fit in fine. Had a nasty feeling so rushed the shopping. Came back and he had kicked/hit the wing mirror the wrong way to natural movement. I know it cant have been a car as the way it was hit a car would have had to have been on the wrong side of the road. Luckily no damage caused or i would have been asking Sainsbury for video evidence.

Some people are just jealous that their life hasnt turned out how they wantred/mentally ill/nasty fu@kers???

Stu

My minted LS400 mk4 was keyed in works car park ...it could of only been one person and l let him know that what comes around goes around.... (Didn't have any intention of carrying out threat) so waited till it was just him and me in yard and smacked the tw@t and told him if he has a problem with me to take it out on me and not my car.. Other lads in company made threats towards him re his car being keyed paint stripped for keying mine 2 days later he left company RESULT lol nobody liked him :) .... Unfortunatly I lost pride in my LS after this and went out n bought a minted GS450h and have now just parked LS at front of house as a ornament lol I can't bare to sell HER

Ps I still wash the LS regardless that I don't use her any more :)

My minted LS400 mk4 was keyed in works car park ...it could of only been one person and l let him know that what comes around goes around.... (Didn't have any intention of carrying out threat) so waited till it was just him and me in yard and smacked the tw@t and told him if he has a problem with me to take it out on me and not my car.. Other lads in company made threats towards him re his car being keyed paint stripped for keying mine 2 days later he left company RESULT lol nobody liked him :) .... Unfortunatly I lost pride in my LS after this and went out n bought a minted GS450h and have now just parked LS at front of house as a ornament lol I can't bare to sell HER

Ps I still wash the LS regardless that I don't use her any more :)

graham

Im thinking about the GS450h after owning the Mk3 Mk4 and 430

how is the drive in the the GS450h - you dont get too much road noise do you? what about the suspension is it firmer?

anything to look out for when buying

looking forward to your reply with interest

Sometimes you can have the opposite problem - where people see an old car (whether pristine or not) and think you are a peasant and can therefore ride roughshod over you. About 10 years ago I had an old (but near mint) Mk2 Granada Ghia X in white. In a Tesco car park, some fat arrogant t**t in a beat up (but much newer) blue Cavalier opened the door wide enough to hit my car - and got in - without pulling the door in at all - leaving me with a nice blue stripe down my door. No apology, no nothing.

Had my car been a 430 or something, no doubt they'd have been a bit more careful.

Luckily I was able to T-cut it out, but it's hardly the point is it?

Anyway, in your case I hope the insurance company co-operates - which I'm sure it will.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links