Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I used to own an LS460 and an RX400h between late 2007 and mid 2009, but after the financial crash of 2009, my business collapsed and I was bankrupted. Both cars got repossessed.

It's been a long hard slog back from there, but I am now back in a beautiful dark blue LS460 SE-L with light grey leather and dark grey wood trim. And this one was paid for in cash as I have no credit facilities (didn't try to apply).

The car needed some work done - new low beam bulbs and a climate control blower motor, as well as a new part on the rear suspension, but now it's done, I'm over the moon with the car!

And I love the heated steering wheel, something my previous LS460 didn't have :-)

• Like 1

Welcome back, strangely enough I only got around to buying an LS just after I folded my own business back in 2007 and need to find a cheap luxury motor to run.

I really ought to test drive a 460 to see if it is worth moving up from 400, but never seem to find the time to do it.

Must say that driving an LS is a real perk - could not wait to give my Passat 4 years ago which I was forced to use as company car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So - I was checking the history of my car, and it was originally on a plate 66 GH... A bit of searching indicates it originally belonged to Sir Geoff Hurst!

That was on eBay a few months back, or at least an LS previously owned by GH was, probably the same car.

• Like 1

Welcome back to the family lexus, nice to see you made it through when times were bad and came bouncing back, takes a lot of hard work and dedication to do that, especially in todays climate of high prices and slip shod attitudes.

And where are the photos of the car, you know we like photos, if you didn't know, then we do so do some and we can do a view of the done photo things, damn i'm tired, does it show...

• Like 2

Good morning everyone.

I expect also that the car offered on eBay was the same one, although I bought it via Autotrader. The previous owner only had it for 5 months - I guess he couldn't afford the repairs that it needed.

I've bought it for a purpose - to travel 500 miles in a day to visit my daughters in Teesside now that I'm divorced from their mum and living in London again. The combination of radar cruise control and Lane Keeping Assist make such a long journey feel less than half as long. I briefly considered the Honda Legend which has the same features, but on balance I decided to stay with Lexus.

I've already uploaded some pictures to the gallery, they are in the Album called 'Elle'.

The link is http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/gallery/album/1151-elle/

• Like 1

It's about time I put up some more pictures, so I've added the ones of my first two Lexus cars - my other LS460 and my RX400h.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/gallery/album/1157-my-lexus-cars/

Very nice Suman. Parked outside like that shows you are people with taste and an eye for superb quality.

• Like 1

Welcome back Suman, I remember your video of you collecting your car from Teeside and the Fleetwood Mac track(steal your heart away)

You do indeed have Geoff Hurst's former car. He lives nearby and now drives a LS600 with the reg. S1 RGH.

He has it spaced to read S1R GH and obviously gets away with it.

Graham.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links