Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

So yesterday I ordered a new grille for my lovely shiny IS... Today some guy decided that I was too happy with my vehicle and smashed in me... With a flatbed truck! Full off side damage... From bumper to bumper..... Devastated... But at least I'm OK....

post-48975-0-60389200-1389633609_thumb.jpost-48975-0-06163400-1389633681_thumb.jpost-48975-0-18452200-1389633755_thumb.j

Oh my gosh that's rotten luck. My sympathies...and hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction.

Weirdly enough I was very nearly skewered by a reversing garbage truck this morning. Driver did not even look before reversing out from a siding in my road. I had to floor it to get out of the way.....and only by a whisker!! When you floor it that 250 really does move rather rapidly.

I thought it was just panel damage from the pics? i friend just had a estate car reverse into him. I also once had to knock mine into R very quickly due to a car reversing straight for me! he just drove off not having a clue what just happened. ppl are stupid

Keep us posted on progressions

If the A post has been damaged I would be thinking Cat C. If it is still straight you could insist on a repair to bring the vehicle back to the same condition it was in before the accident.

New wing is around £200.00 plus door frame and skin at around £700.00 plus paint and labour.

• 4 weeks later...

Well... An update I have... It's being repaired! Whoop whoop!

The full repair cost is £5500! Ageas, my insurer valued it pretty high and have agreed in full repair... To be honest they have been brilliant! Not just obviously the repair but from the beginning giving loads of advice, sorting a rental vehicle within hours and giving me updates every few days.

Now the wait on repair... Should be three weeks or so!

So sorry about this mate, but just watch the quality of the repair (can't tell if the black is metallic or not). When my GS was keyed last year it went in to Lexus, and even though they did a pretty good job, the newly painted side is way shinier than the factory finish, and the Metallic bits are totally different to the factory finish - it grates on me and hopefully yours will be OK. If someone looks carefully it's obvious, and cannot be fixed unless I have a full respray.

Just watch that one.

Also, £5500? Wow! Thats a lot!

No airbags deployed.

To be honest I am still VERY surprised the side airbags didn't! It was a pretty big battering from the side from a flatbed truck! I have asked the garage to complete a full test of the airbags and they said they would do that as part of the repair so hopefully all will be well!!

• 1 month later...

So sorry about this mate, but just watch the quality of the repair (can't tell if the black is metallic or not). When my GS was keyed last year it went in to Lexus, and even though they did a pretty good job, the newly painted side is way shinier than the factory finish, and the Metallic bits are totally different to the factory finish - it grates on me and hopefully yours will be OK. If someone looks carefully it's obvious, and cannot be fixed unless I have a full respray.

Just watch that one.

Also, £5500? Wow! Thats a lot!

So you accepted the result?? My dealer reprinted my rear bumper 4 times (they had to order a new bumper after the 3rd time) to get the color spot on, without blend in to other panels ( I have 3 stage white pearl paint). You should let them repaint until you are satisfied with the result. OP's car is black, it should be pretty easy for them to get a good result.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links