Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 Years Wait But Still Worth It

B) Hi all , ive just these last 2 weeks bought my new well april 03 IS 200 sport and well chuffed i am . The only thing that does worry me is the amount of post that have been put up with stereo problems and gearbox problems , are these problems a small percentage or is it me just worrying over nothing.

:unsure:

If i can figure out how to insert a picture i will. any ideas

standard IS 200 sport with styling kit in black

Welcome to the club and congrats on the new car.

The stereo problem is for older models. Yours, being a 2003 model, has a different head unit which shouldn't give problems. As for the gearbox I think modifications have been made to it, don't know if yours has or not but you have 3 year warranty so any problems should be sorted out.

Howdy & welcome - good choice of car mate :)

The problems you read here really do only affect a small minority of Lexus owners, and it's just the nature of the club that they get talked about a lot here. You can take comfort in the fact that Lexus won the JD Powers survey for the last 2 yrs running, based largely on the IS200 I'd say.

Also as Colin pointed out, Lexus have fixed the problems over the years so the common problems like corroding alloys, clunky 2nd gear and the infamous "ERR3" stereo problem have pretty much been ironed out. And finally, if you do ever get a problem then Lexus and their dealers are among the best in the UK for getting it sorted! :D

Welcome.

Things to llok out for on a Sport with styling kit in particular are paint finish on front & rear bumpers ( look for blemishes and cracks in the lacquer certainly show on some Platinum ones ) and when you tell your insurance whay you got ...... then make sure the documents come throught with Lexus IS200 Sport with styling kit I couldn't find a single company that had listed the kit :( this means if it's not on your documents you may have trouble with a claim ( heavens forbid ) in the future. It took me 10 days to get somebody to send a covering letter to say it was covered.

Enjoy the Lex.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, with regards my insurance i did put on the insurance form where it said additional modification i did put down standard lexus styling kit, but still my insurance was still £451.00 fully comp with n.c.d and protection which i thought was fairly good, living in lincolnshire and left on a drive. It is to early to tell if my bumbers will crack but know doubt if this is the only problem i may get it wont discourage me from having another. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links