Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About To Place Fsport Order But Confused About Extras.

Hi , Will be ordering an F sport tomorrow as part of company car scheme. Had a June registered Demo from Lexus UK for a week and loved it. However have a few questions.

If you don't get Sat Nav ( -will cost me £50/month plus £10 extra in BIK) brochure says no reversing camera dealer says you do -he thinks but not 100%.

Anyone got a recent FSport no Sat Nav- does it have camera?

Mirrors on demo were manual folding only Dealer says they now come with Fsport standard-brochure says premium only.

Anyone got a recent F Sport - Does it have auto fold setting on mirrors?

Demo had mouse type controller to work through options. Brochure says rotary dial unless you get Sat Nav,

Whats the truth about this?

All help appreciated. Cant really justify the cost of sat Nav when I hardly use the TomTom I have.

Order placed for white F sport so very excited.

Still confused though as dealer is adamant that he has had F sports in before with reversing camera and no Sat nav.

Anyone own an F sport without sat Nav that came with mouse and reversing camera ?

Mechanic at dealer said the Fsport always comes in with rear camera. :unsure:

My understanding is that the camera is only with the Nav system. It's very likely that there simply haven't been any non Nav F Sports through the dealership that made the comment. When I ordered my non Nav F Sport ages ago, I could have had a Nav model much sooner, but the free upgrade was on Luxury (and maybe SE?) only and I didn't want to spend £2k on something I have for nowt already on my Iphone.

Here is a document I was given by a Lexus dealer that simply details the main differences in specification between the models and have a look at the nav upgrade that clearly states with reversing camera.

The 300 that I'm driving now has the camera and in my opinion it's a waste of time. Any rain or low light and it's very fuzzy at best - perhaps I'm just old school but prefer to see first hand what I'm going to hit..

post-48748-0-96606400-1392538584_thumb.j

Thanks Marcus. I reckon your right every single used F sport on the Lexus site has Nav. I think it is assumed that you will order the Nav .The dealer said there is Free nav upgrade on Luxury and he could do special rates on this model. Suspect sales targets around Luxury models have something to do with it. Cant quite believe it is not standard across the range.

I agree Ian, when I ordered my Luxury (with complementary Nav and heated and ventilated leather seats) I enquired to what paint / leather colour ways were available for immediate delivery, and in all the cases I asked about there were vehicles available within a couple of weeks. Lexus are obviously pushing the SE and Luxury specs at the moment and have pre - ordered on a large scale.

Have now done 500 miles since Wednesday and loving every minute of it, in spite of the awful weather. Even better, the other half also likes it, noting the comfort of the seats and the quality of the sound system (standard set up - ML not available on Luxury).

Have noticed quite a few admiring looks plus at least one startled look when pedestrian started to step out onto roadway at supermarket car park without looking - obviously did not hear the car as it was in EV - need to be aware of this!

Hi, ordered mine in October and took delivery two weeks ago..

White F-Sport without Nav.

It doesn't have a reversing camera.

It has manual folding mirrors... you have to press the button wo move them in or out and they do not automatically fold on locking. (you get that on the f-sport if you order Nav)

The rectangular mouse type controller is part of the Nav option as well so the non sat nav car comes with a rotary dial that also moves about like the mouse controller, i mean you can push it up, down, left and right, to move between options. (personally i prefer it to the mouse controller the demo car had)

Andy

It has manual folding mirrors... you have to press the button wo move them in or out and they do not automatically fold on locking. (you get that on the f-sport if you order Nav)

The rectangular mouse type controller is part of the Nav option as well so the non sat nav car comes with a rotary dial that also moves about like the mouse controller, i mean you can push it up, down, left and right, to move between options. (personally i prefer it to the mouse controller the demo car had)

Andy

Andy, Thank you very much. At last the definitive answer,

I've just had test drive of a new (69miles on clock 63plate) F-sport with nav and std seats. It did not have auto folding mirrors, you had to push the button. I'd assume auto folding mirrors only come with the leather option, as it adds memory to the elec seats.

Andy

Andy, Thank you very much. At last the definitive answer,

I've just had test drive of a new (69miles on clock 63plate) F-sport with nav and std seats. It did not have auto folding mirrors, you had to push the button. I'd assume auto folding mirrors only come with the leather option, as it adds memory to the elec seats.

Yes you're right sorry, the auto fold is part of the leather option not the nav...

I have to confess given the positive comments you see about lexus and how they treat customers i find it surprising and disappointing that their sales guys seem to have a complete lack of knowledge about their product... basic 101 for sales.... Know your product...!

The autofold-on-exit is available only on the Premium. I have Lux with Nav but no autofold-on-exit.

One advantage you'll have is there is a useful cubby behind the rotary dial (I had one on a courtesy car) into which a smartphone fits perfectly. That's not there with the mouse (which I have).

Enjoy the car!

The autofold-on-exit is available only on the Premium. I have Lux with Nav but no autofold-on-exit.

One advantage you'll have is there is a useful cubby behind the rotary dial (I had one on a courtesy car) into which a smartphone fits perfectly. That's not there with the mouse (which I have).

Enjoy the car!

I have the F Sport full leather with electric seats and that has auto dip on reverse and auto fold on locking.

The auto fold mirrors and dip on reverse, needs the elec memory seats, which is std on the Premier model and optional on the F-Sport.

on the face of it, £2300 seems a lot for leather on the F-sport, but if you add, in that you get memory seats, vented as well as heated, the auto fold elec mirrors, its not so bad. To do the same spec on a BMW is more. And the lexus leather quality is far superior.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links