Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car!

djanderso

Well after many weeks of research, calculator work, and the heart trying to rule the head, I've made my decision.....

...I'm keeping my Lex for another 6 months (at least) :D Hopefully by then Lexus will have laid it's cards on the table with regard to the next IS, otherwise I'll be off.... I'm still drooling over that S2000 :wub:

You'll be sooooo sad to see you Lex go. I have seen maybe the most cherished example of an S2000 in the UK. (Ultraviolet - I mean the blue one at Japs...) And believe me this guy had spent fortunes and hundreds of man hours on just getting it right. His headlights took 100 hours to get right. his suspenssion is a one off job from Leda and and went back about 3 or 4 times before it was right. its the puppy nuts but even that one would not be a good everdayer... His is a toy for high days an holidays...

Wait till the new IS comes out and buy the deisel.

I'd buy a Deisel GS if it was a fast or faster than the BMW 3.0D. then I would Nos it. and it would be phenomenal!

:ph34r:

I don't really need an everyday car - as I'm either in the office or in an airport lounge - very rarely do I have to travel up and down the motorways. We've also got the CR-V for those moments when we need space and I'm most impressed with the drive of it that at nights we tend to use that more now than the IS. So that's really the reason I'm taking a shine to something totally different.

But decision has been made to stick with IS for at least 6 months and we'll see then.

As much as I would absolutely love to drive let alone own a Skyline - I think that's just a bit too extreme for me! I couldn't justify the <20mpg and new tyres every 100 miles! :)

350Z, mmm that would be nice and perhaps yes might investigate that! :unsure:

I need to stop this before I convince myself to go any buy a new car - it took me ages to decide to stick with the IS just now! :duh:

Nice one mate - great to hear your still with us for another 6 months.........

Now, about that GOLD membership you said you'd sign up for.......... :whistling:

:whistling::whistling: Did I say that? :whistling::shifty:

I promise (and you can quote this thread back to me :) ) that, if I buy another IS (or any Lexus for that matter in 6 months - I will go gold!

Confirmed! :winky:

Nice one mate - great to hear your still with us for another 6 months.........

Now, about that GOLD membership you said you'd sign up for..........  :whistling:

:whistling::whistling: Did I say that? :whistling::shifty:

Yes you did...

I can't understand why you havent yet?? I mean its only 25 quid... and think of the dealer discounts... and most of all... supporting the club :shifty:

Now I'm feeling all guilty and ashamed! :blush::crybaby:

I know I'm Scottish, but it's not the money - honest! The main reasons I haven't joined (yet!) are that I don't mod my car in any way, my company pays my insurance, I only intended to keep my current car for 2 years, then 3, now 3.5 (so my own set goalposts keep moving!). So pretty much the only thing I pay for is petrol.

I absolutely promise (and you can have in blood!) I will join up and support the club if I buy another Lexus!

Is that a deal? :)

Well... my main reason for parting with my cash was to support the club... the fact i save over a grand in 3 months i conincidental... :whistling:

C'mon mate... it takes 5 mins, and you can then use LOC without feeling guilty... taking without giving anything back :ph34r:

mental note:

Never let Ian anywhere near the Big Issue Sellers.... :ph34r:

:zee:

C'mon mate! you know that you have had and will continue to have more than £25 worth of fun from the club... and you will be heralded as the man who went gold for love not mods!

Loz,

Steve might through in some calper stickers! :whistling:

Lol - and I get called a tight Yorkshire lass!!! :lol:

I don't get any discounts. I attend events with the Honda Club. I don't even come in here that often ...... but I still pay the £25 and have done since the Club launched - just to support it !!!

I think there is a great bunch in this Club and so I want to see it do well. Even though it is unlikely I will buy another Lexus. :shutit:

I will still want to gate crash your meets though and drink beer with you guys at events where we camp over (Japs/JAE etc) !!! :P B)

Forgot to add ...... if you decide an S2000 is your thing in 6 months - come chat with us at a meet. Also pop across to the HondaRevolutions website and buy the back issue of Revolutions - Issue 2 (NSX Cover) as it has a very good S2000 buyers guide. (Used Car Buyer magazine even asked if they could reproduce part of it)

Thanks UV, I'm actually a non-paying :whistling: member of the Honda Revolutions website too! I don't participate that often there though - as there aren't that many other CR-V owners on it. If I buy an S2000, I'll be sure to sign up!

Trust me - we are not an internet club ..... the forum is a tiny part of the membership - hence we have over 35% of our membership don't have internet access, and over half the membership never use the forum. The magazine is very nice, as is the glossy A3 calendar with pictures of members cars (part of the Club membership pack)

As for CRV owners ... we only have 8 CRV owners in the Club and just 2 HRVs ...... but one of the CRVs is owned by the wife of the chap who supercharged his Integra, and has a new NSX. The CRV has had a few underbonnet changes to enhance its on road performance! :winky:

No worries using the forum without being a member of the Club though. The S2000 buyers guide will only be available though while stocks last! :winky:

Trust me - we are not an internet club ..... the forum is a tiny part of the membership - hence we have over 35% of our membership don't have internet access, and over half the membership never use the forum. The magazine is very nice, as is the glossy A3 calendar with pictures of members cars (part of the Club membership pack)

Hey Steve - how about an LOC Calendar for 2004 ? (Excellent Xmas pressies!) :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links