Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For what it's worth - I saw Steve's advise to Bilmac and then Ambermarine's reply to that - I picked it up as an agreement with Steve's advice and that ambermarine had nothing to add to that advice....Nothing malicious detected here.

Simples :)

I've come to this thread too late to read the comments that have been removed, so I can't comment on them. But I do find it a good idea to ALWAYS read a comment carefully before posting it. Sometimes we're so sure of what we mean that we don't realise we're saying something else, or something that might be misinterpreted.

for what it's worth, my two pennyworth...... Amber merely made a simple non contentious one liner that supported entirely the comment of another member.

If one was of a frame of mind to look for malice aforethought then that one-liner could have been misconstrued, I didn't and accepted it at simple face value and with zero malice or contempt.

I'm with Amber on this one. but what would i know, I'm NOT a Victor Meldrew but have had lots and lots of contention and contretemps in my time and understand how picky some minds can be. Let's just put this all to rest and move on please.

Nowt comes of harping on over silly issues, let's all learn from this and always read the " best " into situations and statements ..................... rather than the opposite.

Malc

• Like 2

Apart from the tittle tattle this thread and the one linked by Pepe have been very helpful to me. :) I have had a dead as a dodo LS430 at times and my position was not helped because I do not have a metal key.

It seems to me as that my Battery has to be 100% or else I am going to have problems. The winter time plus an idle LS will obviously test the Battery to it's limit, FWIW I removed the bulbs in my boot a long time ago.

My mechanic mate has put two wires from the Battery to just under the tax disc so I can have an emergency charge but I suppose the correct way to about about matters is to go to the main dealers and have my keys re-coded with also a new metal key for this type of problem.

I have just spent £300 on a new rad so it will have to wait a little longer.

Thanks to Steve (Steve2006) and Robert (Robert Dubreaux) who advised against jump starting the car.

Thanks to Brian (Tulpen) and Jose (PEPE) for link 'Help Please! My Mk4 Thinks I'm A Car Thief' good sense and attempts at peace making.

Thanks to Mike (Bluesman) Ian (IHgs300) and janey for attempts at peacemaking

Thanks to cleverdick for his good sense and intentions

Thanks to Mark (lexusdaduk) for information on the keyless start buttons

Thanks to Phil (The Acre) Rudy (Ruud) and Colin (Colin M) for their opinion

It was never my intention to annoy anyone.

When Ambermarine complained about my “Help I am thinking about buying this” thread claiming it was not Lexus related, When in fact it was. I owned two Lexus one an Ls 430 and one Ls 400 which I sold to a forum member.

I apologized in general hoping to maintain harmony

This in spite of not doing anything wrong, the thread was of interest to members as is evidenced by the number of replies.

I posted Dead as a Dodo in good faith.

Steve answered in good faith.

Ambermarine was insulting.

Also he was wrong, the information I later received from Brian, Jose, and Mark was very helpful.

I have no control over what others perceive as truth, I do know, I had, have. no ill feeling towards anyone on this forum, and that includes Ambermarine.

To close this post, I want to say, today I fitted a new Battery and following advice from here, turned on Ignition for six minutes then off and started car as normal. Everything works as it should except the keyless start. Which I will return to later. I leave you with this.

We do not see the world as it is. We see the world as We are. William

• Like 3

Just maybe, we do see the world as it is, which is why we see it as we are, it's not always a pleasant place. Humility is a hard thing, but it ends conflicts. An unconditional apology from both parties (even if it's undeserved) puts an end to it, otherwise it festers, and eventually goes bad.

• Like 2

I just need to clarify a couple of points regarding the last post of Bilmac.

He says he did'nt mean any ill feeling towards me, so calling me As daft as a Brush, A born again Victor Meldrew and inciting other members of this forum not to have any truck with me is not classed as ill will ?

He says the thread on looking at buying this was Lexus related He was asking members wether he should buy a Mercedes and was specific on model and colour in fact he supplied a photograph.

At least three members have said they read my addition to the dead as Dodo thread as a confirmation as to what had been said by the first reply poster, so we were both wrong and to that I say this, if we are wrong why are you asking for advice in the first place .

I have already made my decision as to wether I will continue contributing to this forum,in the past years there have been numerous disagreements between members on various subjects and I myself have had to act as mediator a couple of times

but this is not one of those instances and I do not feel comfortable anymore making comments on whatever subject after the devisive and unwarranted attack on my character .

Good luck to all the members I have discussed things with over the years and may your cars keep going forever .

Goodbye.

That's such a shame, you've given me some great advice (and encouragement) over the years, sad to think that may not be the case in the future.

you've been a valuable member and contributor here for 8.5 years ................. when I'm faced with negativity I ask myself not why I shouldn't be there but WHY I do want to be there ......... and if that outweighs the negative aspects then for crying out loud just STAY !

negativity is so often paramount and all consuming, just turn it around to look at the positive instead and hopefully you might come to a different conclusion ...... just reflect.

Thanks

Malc

Ambermarine, I for one won't think any less of you if you change your mind and come back to us when things have calmed down. I've valued your opinions and enthusiasm and experience on here ever since I've had my Lexus.

Sad to see this rather disappointing saga...

I have always lived by the simple principle...

''people who mind don't matter, people who matter don't mind''

Wish you would stay Ambermarine....couldn't you just ignore Bilmac?

Shiner

Any one who cared to view my profile would see my Birthday is the 27th May I will be 70 years old, So here is my present to me

Time to stop. I do not want to be the reason you are no longer active on this forum, which you have obviously enjoyed over the years.

So please Ambermarine come back.

I am sorry I likened you to Victor Meldrew.

(I am actually quite fond of old Victor, I find him refreshingly honest)

I most definitely regret saying you are as daft as a brush

I apologize

I accept that my comments caused you distress

I regret making them.

There, now there is no reason why you should not continue to participate in the forum, you can if you wish ignore me, but I hope not. William

• Like 3

I agree with all the other guys who have asked you to stay a member on the forum Abermarine .

As William has offered the olive branch ,it would be nice if you could pick it up and we could move on from this back to what is important ,the LS series of cars .

• Like 1

bilmac, I noticed your avatar depicts yourself again, albeit heavily Photoshop'ed (you wouldn't be in trouble with your wife now, would you... :))

Top marks Eff, just checking if anyone awake, me all right but no photoshop, 1962, a lifetime ago.

Who do I talk to on this forum? I want to report a missing 30 years.

I went to bed one night aged thirty, when I woke up, I was sixty.

I have no idea what happened to all them years.

As to my beautiful wife, she loves me, because I am a very bad man. William

Now, now, settle down. Here, have your rattle back!

And now, for something completely different:
I seem to remember something about the LS430 going into some kind dormant mode after a period of non detection of the smart key, in order to save on electricity. That should mean, no need to disconnect the Battery.
I'll post more detail when I've found the appropriate page in my Owners Manual...

Ok, here it is:
attachicon.gifLS430 SmartKey drains Battery.jpg

Thanks Eff,

Therefore deactivating the Smartkey system might be advisable:
attachicon.gifLS430 deactivate SmartKey.jpg

This info is from my 2005 LS430 Owners Manual.

Thank you sir, I have tried this, but in spite of turning clockwise, anti clockwise, pressing in, and pressing out,and shaking it all about in all possible combinations.

I have no keyless entry or start. I reckon it must be a fuse.

Anyone know which fuse, in which fuse box?

Also while everything else seems to work, I am not hearing the alarm beeping when I arm or disarm. William

You will know that I have had problems with the Battery on my 51 LS430 being dead as a dodo when the car has been standing at home for some time , and I do not have a metal key.

In fairness matters have been OK for the past 4 months when using the car daily.

If I wasn't going to use the car for some time could I de-activate the smart key system but later still open the doors with my smart key assuming that the car Battery and key Battery were OK or could I only access the car with a metal key?

I am not too bothered about the theft risk angle at this time.

TIA

My car is smarter than I am, as somehow it has fixed itself.

Yesterday I got low tire pressure warning, just as I turned into my drive having traveled some 100 miles.

The tyres all looked ok so left until today, this morning I done the air and reset the tire pressure warning,

I did not even know my car had this feature,anyway, resetting the warning, in someway impacted on my keyless entry and start problem as its now working again. I do love the keyless entry. William

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links