Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 400 Carpet Transplant!

Right, as per my other post, I've got the black carpet from the breakers, and I plan to swap it for my manky light grey one on Saturday.

I've read how to remove the centre console, rear seats, and I'll disconnect the Battery for 30 mins prior to removing the front seats. The front seats have DVD screens in the headrests, not sure if that'll cause any issues, guessing just an unplug of the cabling. I guess the door threshold plastic strips just pull off. What could possibly go wrong!!

Any last tips, tricks and words of encouragement most welcome!

Right, as per my other post, I've got the black carpet from the breakers, and I plan to swap it for my manky light grey one on Saturday.

I've read how to remove the centre console, rear seats, and I'll disconnect the battery for 30 mins prior to removing the front seats. The front seats have DVD screens in the headrests, not sure if that'll cause any issues, guessing just an unplug of the cabling. I guess the door threshold plastic strips just pull off. What could possibly go wrong!!

Any last tips, tricks and words of encouragement most welcome!

You pretty much got it sussed, make a note of which connector goes where for the dvd screens, all the cables are under the seats and a bugger to get to. The scuff plates and kick panels are clipped into place, get a 'plastic flat thing' to slide underneath that way you wont break or damage anything. the carpet has some huge staples under the scuff plates these need 'persuading' or removing completely!

The only other advise i can offer is take your time and remember where every little clip/connector comes from!!

Might be an idea to pop into Halfrauds and buy a trim removal tool, looks like a slightly curved inch wide (or so) flat bade with a V cut into it, I pinched a Snap-on version from work years ago and since then I have never damaged another trim clip.........very uselfull.

Was that centre console easy enough to remove? I want to give mine a good clean. (I'm very thorough where valeting is concerned.)

Yes it is. Put both seats forward to max, slide console back, remove both side panels on console, 6 M10 bolts to remove, disconnect the cable for the handle, disconnect the electrical plug and it lift out. :hocus-pokus:

Thanks guys, yes those DVD plugs were tricky, but glad to say it was all done in 4 hours, no breakages either - goes to show how well built these cars are - not even a clip broke.

I am soooo chuffed with the result, it looks like new, pics to follow...

And finished with a new set of mats ... :shifty: Look at the state of that old carpet, ridiculous!!! Nothing would shift those stains, disgusting, very glad to see that taken down the tip!!

post-37202-0-99358700-1400345957_thumb.j

post-37202-0-82417000-1400346003_thumb.j

post-37202-0-77684200-1400346043_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone

I don't have a contribution, just a question. Where can you get one mat? (no mats need reply ha ha).

I am missing the passenger front on a 2003 RX300 SE-L. The interior is cream /brown and the previous owner fitted black mats but no passenger side front!! Its a RHD vehicle.

Here's hoping for help

Murphybear

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Got the mats today. Seem good value for money and fit reasonably well.

The site is called : YourCarParts.co.uk

You get a choice of 5 levels of quality, a choice of cloth or leather edging , 4 mats or 5 , various colours and all for £50!!

I chose the level below the best for this money. The colour samples were a good match for the interior.

They delivered within 36 hours.

They also do Boot Liners (I'm still waiting for mine!!) at £40 pounds.

This means I have 3 black mats to spare - Drivers side front and both rears.

If anybody wants any or all of them, email me and we'll arrange something.

They are planning to do single mats soon (they say) .

Murphybear

Hi

I'm in the process of doing the same with my 2005 Rx 300 as the previous owner must have let his kids run riot in the car with allsorts of foodstuffs

To finish off the car I'd like to get some mats like the ones you put in to your 400h, where could I get some

Do you still have their contact details

once again great job...car looks fantastic !!

Stephen

Thanks!

The mats I got new from Lexus on eBay - they have like a Lexus outlet for old stock on eBay - email them though as with mine they'd listed them wrong for the years they would fit so it appeared they didn't stock any, but they did!

(There must have been an easier way to explain that!!!!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links