Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare Wheel

Just worked out that my new 300h does not have a space saver spare wheel, I'm keen to at least keep one in the garage as an emergency aid and possibly in the boot for long journeys (just come back from the Outer Hebrides), will a space saver from the previous IS250 fit the 300h as plenty seem available on eBay? eBay also have some CT200 space savers but I guess these would not be compatible.

Most of the Lexus models wheels will fit including the IS250 with the exception of the CT200h and LS500h models.

The link below shows compatability.

http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Lexus/IS300h%20(2013%20-%20)/

I have a free 1999 GS300 rim spare with no tyre if that would do,

Does the IS300h not come with a spare wheel at all then? Is there a well in the boot to take one or would it just have to take up valuable space within the boot.

I was looking to buy a CT200h of which the earlier models did not have a spare but, I gather that more recent models do now have one. I didn't know about the IS300h until recently (see my other thread Oh Blimey!) and have now shifted my thoughts to buying one of these instead but, I wouldn't be overly chuffed to know that there is no spare wheel.

No spare in the 300h, the batteries take all the spare room. You get the puncture repair kit instead.

My wife's Honda Jazz hybrid got a puncture close to home and the AA man took the wheel off and took it down to the local tyre place where they repaired the puncture, so he refitted it and that was that. I didn't fancy trying to use the kit, and if you do it knackers the tyre which has to be replaced.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

I'm guessing you probably get the foam inflator kit for a temporary puncture repair. Found the same thing when looking at 2011 spec Mx5 upgrade for my missus. Not good is it? Make sure there is one in the car when, and if, you get it!!

So its £30 or so for a new repair kit each time...and I wonder how many tyre centres will repair that puncture....call me a cynic. I can hear the response " Sorry sir that'll be a brand new tyre, we can't re-use that tyre when its full of foamy c***p".

I'd rather at least have a space saver....especially with the alarming amount of pot holes still around.

My car comes with run flats.

Wow, not heard of them being supplied as standard. What's the ride like? My only experience was in a friends BMW 1 and they made the ride awfully hard.

• 2 weeks later...

My car comes with run flats.

Wow, not heard of them being supplied as standard. What's the ride like? My only experience was in a friends BMW 1 and they made the ride awfully hard.

First time experience for me as well actually didn't know they were run flats until changing wheels, of course they should be harder than normal tires but ride is still acceptable, the wheel shop also told me that these Bridgestone run flats seemed to have softer sidewall.

• 8 years later...

Hi I have a lexus is300h 2014 can I use any lexus space saver wheel 225 24 18 size of my tyre as its just cost me £95 to get a new tyre as I ysed the foam filler kit and the tyre is nearly new

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links