Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anti-flash Plates ?

scotsboy

HI, seems to be a lot off conflicting views on the true effectivness off so called anti-flash number plates around, have myself overseen a sucussful test off them at a recent motorshow, anyone advise on there true effectivness ?? ie. anyone know off any particular ones that work ?? anyone suggest anywhere to purchase a set mail order for evaluation purposes !!!

have just been by the website off www.ca-automotive.co.uk who are selling these so called anti-flash number plates or stealth plates as they call them !! supposdly 100% immune to gatso flash photography and also any photo enhancment software !! anyone care to comment ???????

also regularly come across this " photoblocker " plate spray with its many impressive claims / on line archives off various tv / press reviews, anyone used this stuff ?? does it work ?? does it last ?? seems to work on us spec plates ccording to the reviews but uk plates anyone ??

cheers,

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...plus also the new tax disc reading camera, as your new tax disc has a bar code on it...

Urban myth. Barcode is solely for Post Office use to flash sale of disc to DVLA database.

i knew that,,, just propagating... :P

Heres my understanding of the law on these so called 'stealth' plates.

If you are caught on camera, but the police cannot read your number plate.

A. They will look for a garage sticker in the rear window, to try and track your car down from where you bought it.

B. They can invert the image, see it in negative, which may show your plate.

Now obviously, because they have had to alter the image, they may not be able to prosecute for speeding, but they can 'get you' for perverting the course of justice.

Now I could be wrong, but i remember hearing this on a program a few years ago..

Have you tried 100% compliance with the speed limits of our roads?

Yes? - well you should have your licence taken off you for dangerouse driving!

What a peculiar post! Justify?

anyone obeying the 5mph speed limit at my local tesco, due to the long entrance causes a tail back to the main road which in turn creates havoc at the lights

anyone obeying the 5mph speed limit at my local tesco, due to the long entrance causes a tail back to the main road which in turn creates havoc at the lights

Oh go on then, I'll bite. I'm in that kind of mood.

Let's leave aside that supermarket speed limits are advisory.

What you are advocating then is that in order to avoid a queue at the traffic lights it would be MORE sensible to travel at an undefined higher speed in an area that is SPECIFICALLY going to packed with unpredictable kids, mothers and babies, old folks, and you and me.

I see. And what speed, then is the best compromise between reducing the queue at the lights on the one hand, and the level of damage done to a person by a ton and half of metal at the other? 10 mph? Save five seconds, three more weeks in casualty? 20 mph? Save 30 seconds, lose a few folk?

You may argue that when you are in the far corners of the supermarket carpark there is nobody about, and therefore you can do 30 or 40 for two hundred yards quite safely. I agree. But it isn't possible in a variable risk situation to legislate for all possible circumstances, and therefore a conservative limit is advised (or, on the streets, made into law). If that entails a certain amount of frustration in drivers then tough; it's the real world and the concept of speed limits at all is a given.

There could of course be a world with no limits, and each driver makes his own judgement to road conditions. If you were to hit someone running out from between two parked cars you could shrug your shoulders and say "in my judgement I was travelling safely, even though if I had been doing 15mph less that child would be alive now." And everyone would say, "yep, drivers always know best". That's not the kind of world I would want, I don't know about you.

I do get grumpy about this and I'm sorry, I don't mean to get personal with anyone. But in my view the ONLY reasons for speeding are for personal convenience or because it feels good or is fun. I don't deny the attraction of those things. But there are risks attached, which in the example above I think I would not be prepared to take.

I would be prepared to whizz along at 90 on a open clear sunny motorway, because I think I can *probably* manage that risk. Legally I would be in the wrong; Parliament has decreed the maximum speed/risk compromise to be found at 70mph.

If, however, something went wrong and I killed or crippled someone I'd have to live with that for ever.

yes we are going :offtopic:

as stated its the entrance to the car park which also runs along the side of it, which is just the same as a normal road, no parked cars, no kids , no OAP's, no people and there is a grassy section with trees in it which seperates it from the car park. obivously i wouldnt speed where the cars are parked, im not some nutter with a total disregard for everyone else.

right then who's gonna start the new topic? I'm off to a meeting now but will happily partake when i return :D i think it should be quite a goodun!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links