Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Mobile Phone Law

SteveAudioX

So what does the law say? If I get one of those £30 stick in the fag lighter things AM I LEGAL???

yes.

even if i have to touch the phone to dial / answer or end a call? Dont mind tedlling you I am LOST!

Basically, as long as you are not holding the phone.. (i.e. it is in a cradle) your okay.

So what does the law say? If I get one of those £30 stick in the fag lighter things AM I LEGAL???

yes.

even if i have to touch the phone to dial / answer or end a call? Dont mind tedlling you I am LOST!

Basically, as long as you are not holding the phone.. (i.e. it is in a cradle) your okay.

which is even worse imo .. just saying its easier to watch the rd and dial a number with phone in hand than it is with it in the cradle... I have a pama hands free cradle which is great.. and if you have voice dialling on your phone that makes it easier too.

craig

Unfortunately I have a flip top phone which makes it impossible to place in a cradle, my hands free consists of a cord and ear piece and a small switch to activate, as I understand it this is illegal, however, a thirty pound fine must be better than travelling hundreds of miles in the wrong direction or stopping at ever M/way service area every time the phone goes. I tried to obtain a phone suitable for the car but must then have a car phone number. The flip top is the only phone I can find which suits my use.

I also note a recent report that some insurance companies are now arguing that you are not covered (or have reduced cover) if you have an accident whilst doing something illegal, such as jumping a red light.

If this is extended then we might find ourselves not covered if we do 31 in a 30.

I can see insurance co's jumping on the band wagon on this one.....

......if your making a claim they will ask you to provide details of your

mobile phone record at the time of the accident?

B) B)

yep i agree, Pete, dipstick (no im not calling pete a dipstick.. err well maybe. :P )

insurance groups will be asking if you use a mobile, and have you a car kit. and certainly it will reduce there risk by not paying out should you be breaking the law.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links