Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not been a good few days.

Washed the old lady on saturday, and some t*sser went and keyed the drivers side on saturday night while parked out back of house. So not a happy chappy at all.

A couple of pubs nearby (12 years ago some other t*sser diamond tipped the windscreen on my Omega) and I suspect some mindless cretins/morons see a nice car and think 'rich bast*rd' as no one else got damaged

Then thought my local ATS could sort out the vibration issues with the front end, but they took it for test drive and could not notice any problems, which is odd, as I have squeaky front brake a slight rubbing sound and vibration when rolling (not braking).

They had it up on the ramps but I guess that they did not have a proper look.

So I am going to have to jack up the lady myself and see what is what, probably get some copper grease and hope that does the trick, but given busy weekends and no light in the evening (and no garage) all a bit of pain.

So now grip is over, I'll have a to hope for some decent weekend weather.

At least ATS did not charge for not being able to find problem!!!

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a rough time with your car especially the vandalism - it infuriates me beyond belief when someone keys body panels like that and / or they cause other damage without having any cares about it

I too have suffered at the hands of vandals who think 'rich b*stard' with a flash car so let's key it. Someone slashed 2 of my front tyres on a previous Mercedes I owned.

A few years ago, someone reversed out of a parking space and kindly left a dent on the front left corner of my car damaging 3 body panels as a result. And to add further insult, the supermarket's security cameras were not working that day / week !

As for your wobbly front end, it could be a number of things causing this - a good mechanic should be able to confirm if it's suspension arms, ball joints or brake part issues.

Sorry to hear about the vandalism.

I had some front end vibration due to an unbalanced wheel. It might be worth changing the front tyres, one at a time, with the rear tyres to see whether the vibration disappears. It did when I swapped mine over. One of the wheels turned out to be out of balance, which did not really show up when it was on the back of the car. It has since been balanced properly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links