Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all

I got the Check VSC light on today along with the Skid Light and the Emmision light.

I got garage to read code said P0158 High Voltage on O2 sensor Bank 2 Sensor2.

He said O2 Sensor looks like its gone he Knocked it off and it has not returned as yet but the car still run right

However it went into service at Lexus Sheffield about 2 month ago
and they said there is a crack in the rear exhaust pipe at the Y
junction i said cant you weld it he said no you need new rear boxes as
they are one unit.

I have noticed it is starting to blow a little now could this affect the o2 readings

GS300 Gen 3 2006 82000 mls serviced every 12 mo

yes it could be related to the leak in the exhaust, depends how close it is to the sensor.

You may be lucky and it was just a one off error but I suspect it will return over the next few days, it won't immediately return due to the nature of the fault.

I can only comment for the problem, same as yours, that I had but I have an IS model (should be the same principle though)

When my exhaust went there were no warning lights associated to it - your exhaust can be welded if you are careful, exhaust fitters will probably tell you that you need a new one (two things ... they want the custom and also they will state that in case of any issues in doing the weld repair)

the check VSC issue you have, I had with mine not that long ago - it was intermittent at first, maybe off / on for a week or so but there was a point after that where it came on constant. So your sensor is probably on its way out. An early indication that it needs to be replaced. I don't know about the GS parts but I could only buy mine from the USA (the USA prices were peanuts compared to the dealer part price)

Its a good idea to replace both banks as if this one is on its way out then the other one wont be too far behind.

Use this as an indication that you need a sensor and if you are doing the job yourself then look for the part now as there may be a long lead time from the USA.

Had an O2 sensor replaced on my GS430 last year. My local garage did it and it cost far less than the part only from Lexus. He used the correct Denso sensor which he obtained from his parts supplier so they are certainly not Lexus only and don't need to be ordered from USA.

thanks for that info

if it is the sensor how difficult is it to change i have heard its seat out trim out to get to the plug

not 100% on the series III GS but yes that is typically what is required. These downstream sensors rarely fail, unlike the upstream sensors. If you know there is an air leak that is the most obvious place to start.

Its a seat out job for the IS ... Not sure for the GS. It can be ordered without the connecting plug so you can reuse the existing plug and wire and just solder the new sensor to the existing wire which takes out the hassle of messing with the interior and doesn't take as much time. Again, it may be different for the GS.?

Thanks all for your good advice however ive had the local Exhaust centre seal the hole with some Metal foil well it looked like that said it would stick to pipe but wouldnt last forever of course.

Light as not come on since so hoping what Colin said was a one off.

Thanks again

Robert

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links