Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Raw Deal In Petrol

Mr-Lex

I'm getting crap deal out of my petrol now. As I don't follow much using the MPG but rather on how many miles I done on the tank of petrol!

Actually I noticed this after installing the additional alarm, and I'm thinking obviously when the alarm was being fitted, they disconnected the Battery and done work around that. Has that affected the fuel consuption :question: If so, would you suggest to reset the ECU :question: How about's do I go resetting the ECU (a step by step guide would be lovely :blush: )

Another thing, by resetting the Battery how will it effect my addtional alarm? Would it reset or change the configuration :question: SteveStudioX can answer that for me :blush::whistling: :winky: oh by the way, it's clifford concept 600.

i used to average 290-300 now im getting 330-350 with optimax and its a tad more responsive in the lower rev range

I only tried optimax once...but gave it up for the cheaper method :blush: :P Might consider it big time now :winky: I know this has been discussed before, but what would happen if I mix it :question: Any sort damage :question:

Sanj...

You sure it's not these morning cold starts....

And you pressing that Remote Start button like me... 15-20 mins before I get into the car mate. :D

Do you know what, wish it was the case!!! Wish I was remote starting my car in the morning but as I use the public (tube) transport (I call it the pubic transport).

But gotta admit I use the remote start most of the times (where possible) but tend to get in the car within mintues...so :blink::unsure::blink::question:

Eyup Sanj...

I've got the Clifford Concept 600 aswell.. and have done the ECU Reset too :winky:

Just remember to set your alarm in Valet mode (press the Star & the Button underneath it together) before to you disconnect the Battery.. then once you have done the reset and connected the Battery backup, your alarm will still be in valet mode when it's all powered back up..

I asked the guy who installed mine before i did the ecu reset, and have had no problems with it.. I didn't opt for the remote start, but maybe later on this year i might get it :winky:

I get on average about 350 ish from a full tank of Optimax, but have noticed this fill that my economy is a tad lower (about 150Miles for a half tank) I just put it down to the cold mornings and the queues of traffic near the trafford center which always spills onto my route to work.

I know it's no use as a comparison as I have a GS but it costs me over £50 to fill up and I get 220 miles to a tank - gutted :crying::crying:

I have stuck with optimax for the last 5 tanks and I havent noticed a difference. My journey is the same every day - 10 miles of taking it easy doing up to 40mph then half an hour to do the other 2 miles in traffic.

Last car was a Golf TDi 150BHP and I used to get 44mpg however hard I drove it :duh:

well i went to Blackpool last week i think it is 280 mil there and i still had just over a1/4 of a tank to go before i had to fill up, so you could say for a tank i would get 320-330 to a tank full :excl: and this is with me going sume up the M1 & M6 :whistling:

These mpg figures do seem pretty dire. In a thread a few weeks back there was someone who could get well over 500 miles from a single tank. I usually get about 400- 420 from my 200 sport if I fill up soon after the warning light comes on (just over 13 gallons). I use optimax where possible, and I usually aim for smooth rather than hard driving. I don't do a lot of city driving in this car, but I do quite often crawl along a congested M6 around Birmingham, so I offer a warm welcome to the new toll road...

Mr-Lex Posted on Dec 10 2003, 09:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you do it for simular reason - ECU thingy 

Thanks for the advice imi 

Yep, i did it for he ecu thingy, Optimax does give a little kick in the car, but it's takes a couple of tanks before you notice it.. :winky:

I use BP too sometimes not too bad either..

In a thread a few weeks back there was someone who could get well over 500 miles from a single tank.

That was me - but I probably don't drive with all the "enthusiasm" of some the other members here.

I do a 50 mile commute each way, 90% of which is between 60 and 70 mph, and average around 35 mpg. My best figures are 38.65 mpg and 533.5 miles on a single tank.

When I was doing a shorter and slower commute I could only manage around 30 mpg (slightly better than 30 in the summer and slightly worse than 30 in the winter).

I drive a IS200 SE Auto.

I have just filled up for the second time using Optimax. So far ive noticed no improvement in MPG. I got about 400 miles before fill up (29mpg). This is being very light on the throttle - havn't even raced a Granny.

I am still confused - do I have to reset the ECU manually or is this an automatic funtion?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links