Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help Me Buy My Gs430 Sport :)

I'm making a 280 mile trip on bus and train on Sunday to get my new GS430 sport :)

I have a concern though as I'll be driving it back up north. .. She has 113k miles on the clock and is 12 years old now. ..

Age and mileage don't worry me too much but she hasn't had a timing belt service!

I've no problem getting her booked in back home at local main dealer to get the work done but I'm concerned about the drive up!

Am I being foolish risking the drive? I know the 100k/10 year is just a guide but. ..

Oh, and here's a quick pic :)

uploadfromtaptalk1422518392434_zpsqpreix

Don't think anybody is going to stick their neck out and advise you to risk it, just in case it goes pop.

That's a lovely looking motor though, and the wheels set it off a treat, very nice.

Oh no of course not :)

It would be purely a what if it was your car scenario :) would you travel the 280 miles home?

In no way would I hold anyone accountable for what potentially could happen to a car from an opinion given over the Internet :)

Unfortunately, the wheels are the one thing she doesn't come with from that pic... comes with the standard 18in sport rims...he wants another £1000 for them in the pic.

Do you think £3200 is a fair price?

I wouldn't worry about the drive up. If you are nervous about, just don't go mad with flooring it.

Price sounds ok to me, they seem to be holding a better value since the fuel prices dropped (as have all the big engined cars)

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Ok then, if I must.

Price, sounds ok, but I really don't see enough of these for sale to give a proper opinion.

Have you done an eBay search, using the cars sold filter?

I agree with Phil about making the journey, wouldn't bother me at all.

Pity about the wheels, I do like them, but not a thousand pounds worth of like, and, looking on the bright side, standard wheels will require a lot less maintenance.

Those exhausts look they might sound nice?

More happy about the drive up now :) but will be taking it steady regardless :) and will be booked in for timing belt and water pump as soon as she is home...

I think price wise IMO she is slightly above the normal selling range but she has the addition of Blitz exhaust (which is supposed to sound really nice :) ) new HSD coilovers, Supra 4 pot brakes and the Supra LSD.

Aye... chances are she's good for many more miles but there's always that niggling doubt lol...

Any thoughts on the price?

If you are happy to pay that price, then the price is just right.

Enjoy the car, which looks superb and drive it home carefully and easily.

Good luck.

Regards

John

I've travelled 465miles by train to pick up a mk4 LS400 with 134ks on clock

Flew down the length of UK Aberdeen - Southampton to pick up a GS450h

Drove down 465mls for a LS600

Never once had any concerns

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links