Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High Milage

Who has the highest milage in a IS300h. I had one of the first in June 2013 but only very low milage as I am retired. Some of you motorway users who work must be on high milage by now?

Go on then Richard spill the beans how many miles on yours?

6700 only on mine. When they do the service in June I am sure the oil will be used in another car as it it so clean.

Martin, also had a new screen, last summer it got hit by a massive stone from a passing car. Make sure you get an original lexus screen as a replacement.

Fantastic car. Averaging around 42/43 even in the winter and short journeys.

Clocked 33000km (=21000 miles) since September 2013. Pride and pleasure of ownership are undiminished, and

maybe 10-15% of total km have been done for no other purpose than the sheer pleasure of taking the car out for

a spin.

6700 only on mine. When they do the service in June I am sure the oil will be used in another car as it it so clean.

Martin, also had a new screen, last summer it got hit by a massive stone from a passing car. Make sure you get an original lexus screen as a replacement.

I too am retired Richard, collected my 250 in Dec. 2013 and have done 6500 but I may add possibly 2/3 of that is with taking the " scenic route " to where ever I'm going, it is a pleasure to drive.

I'm ashamed to say my average MPG stands at 28.3 at the moment, I just can't help myself that V6 is wonderful.

D

Hi All,

Had my F sport just a year now and covered 51,000 miles. Still on the original Bridgestone tyres - although almost ready for changing now! The car has been great. Still looks and feels like new. Totally satisfied.

Hi All,

Had my F sport just a year now and covered 51,000 miles. Still on the original Bridgestone tyres - although almost ready for changing now! The car has been great. Still looks and feels like new. Totally satisfied.

:huh: ***** - do you sleep in it??

• Like 1

The 51k are mostly motorway miles. The bridgestones might have worn quicker with more A and B road driving. I'm going to change my car soon. Been looking around at the competition - new C class merc, BMW 4 series, new Jag etc. but really like the F sport. Mines ultra blue and hardly seen another around during my time on the road over the last year. Not an easy colour to keep clean but looks great when it is and the sun is shining! If I have another will probably go for sonic titanium next time.

The 51k are mostly motorway miles. The bridgestones might have worn quicker with more A and B road driving. I'm going to change my car soon. Been looking around at the competition - new C class merc, BMW 4 series, new Jag etc. but really like the F sport. Mines ultra blue and hardly seen another around during my time on the road over the last year. Not an easy colour to keep clean but looks great when it is and the sun is shining! If I have another will probably go for sonic titanium next time.

Is there anything out there that might tempt you away from getting another Lexus? I must admit I haven't really looked (yet) but cursary research seems to suggest there's not much assuming looking for petrol/electric and lots of toys as standard.

I too am retired Richard, collected my 250 in Dec. 2013 and have done 6500 but I may add possibly 2/3 of that is with taking the " scenic route " to where ever I'm going, it is a pleasure to drive.

I'm ashamed to say my average MPG stands at 28.3 at the moment, I just can't help myself that V6 is wonderful.

D

I picked up my IS250 Premium in October 2013 and have just clocked up 6800 miles. My two previous cars were 250 auto transmissions and I was so impressed with them that I felt that a 300h would be a retrograde step. A test drive in a 300h convinced me that I was right. My mpg is pretty similar to yours although on a trip from Gloucestershire to the Lake District (well over 200 miles of motorway or modern dual-carriagway), I just managed 42mpg.

Sorry, Simon07, but Sonic Titanium looks bloody awful on a Lexus!

• Like 1

David - in response to your question - 'is there anything that would tempt me away from the Lexus?' Answer is probably not right now. I'm still having a look, but I don't really see anything that offers the overall package offered by the is300h. When you consider the level of spec for the price, coupled with the low company car tax, I don't see anything that really comes close. Apparently the new C class Merc is getting good reviews, but personally I'm not keen on the overall package. I know the BMW 3 series always rates highly in reviews, but again, to spec a BMW to the level of the is300h would take the price way up. I have to say that I've been impressed with the is300h over the last year and 51k miles. It's been a pleasure to drive - bearing in mind I'm in it around 4 hours per day! I was a committed Audi driver prior to having the Lexus. I drove Audis for the past 15 years, so it was quite decision to move away to something else. I've looked at Audi once more, but again, can't really see anything that offers the overall package of the Lexus.

Michael - you said Sonic Titanium looks awful on a Lexus. Looking at David's pics it looks great! I saw one in the showroom at my local dealer recently and thought it looked pretty good. My Ultra Blue colour is stunning, but keeping it looking stunning is hard work, and when you're driving 200+ miles per day up and down the motorway, it soon looks dirty! I also like F Sport white, but I'm thinking that could be even more hard work!

Simon,

I can confirm F-sport white is hard work to keep clean......but.....

When it is clean it looks fantastic.. i wouldn't change to another colour. i am considering the GS300h F-sport next though :-)

• Like 1

Simon:

I don't know about F-Sport White, but keeping my Arctic Pearl clean - or maintaining an acceptable appearance of

cleanliness - has not been as much of a problem as I originally thought it could have been. Certainly, streaks along

the sides and spots and splashes on the back as well as under the doors and along the door-sills (the tendency to

accumulate dirt here being worse than with any other car I have owned) are highly visible after driving on particularly

wet and dirty surfaces but, in normal weather/traffic conditions, all that happens is that the film of dirt makes the

paintwork look uniformly duller without it immediately becoming as unacceptable to the eye as it might with dark

colours.

David - in response to your question - 'is there anything that would tempt me away from the Lexus?' Answer is probably not right now. I'm still having a look, but I don't really see anything that offers the overall package offered by the is300h. When you consider the level of spec for the price, coupled with the low company car tax, I don't see anything that really comes close. Apparently the new C class Merc is getting good reviews, but personally I'm not keen on the overall package. I know the BMW 3 series always rates highly in reviews, but again, to spec a BMW to the level of the is300h would take the price way up. I have to say that I've been impressed with the is300h over the last year and 51k miles. It's been a pleasure to drive - bearing in mind I'm in it around 4 hours per day! I was a committed Audi driver prior to having the Lexus. I drove Audis for the past 15 years, so it was quite decision to move away to something else. I've looked at Audi once more, but again, can't really see anything that offers the overall package of the Lexus.

Michael - you said Sonic Titanium looks awful on a Lexus. Looking at David's pics it looks great! I saw one in the showroom at my local dealer recently and thought it looked pretty good. My Ultra Blue colour is stunning, but keeping it looking stunning is hard work, and when you're driving 200+ miles per day up and down the motorway, it soon looks dirty! I also like F Sport white, but I'm thinking that could be even more hard work!

Re the colour, each to their own I guess. I'm looking around only because I feel I ought to! Prior to getting the 300 I'd never bought the same make car twice in a row so to do it a third time, yikes! However, like you, I'm not sure there's anything out there that offers the same VFM. Nice problem to have though, I'm not complaining.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Finally had all 4 tyres changed on my F Sport at 60k miles and 14 months from new. Very surprised at the life of the original Bridgestones. Now have Pirelli P Zero fitted. Have noticed a reduction in tyre noise at motorway speeds. Have also been looking round at alternatives as coming up to changing the car. Haven't found anything that really matches the overall 'package' the Lexus IS300h F Sport offers. Have therefore ordered another F Sport - this time in sonic titanium rather than the ultra blue I have now. Delivery in August.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links