Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked Up Our New Is300H :)

So finally picked up our IS300H today.

Only driven it 70 miles or so, but delighted by it.

The hybrid drive train is as refined as we remember, and been premier spec the thing was loaded with toys :D

I did note some nice interior changes for the MY15 build. Including different materials on the central console (apparently more scratch resistant), and a shark fin aerial.

Got a host of cleaning products/paint sealant to go on the car when the rain finally stops, but I have to say overall very impressed with the car.It makes my BMW 335i feel very outdated, and old fashioned :D

Some outside shots.

16682382341_8fd5065a9b_z.jpg

16682695712_21f19bc9bd_z.jpg

16063708933_d13d2b6222_z.jpg

Safely at home...making the Bimmer feeling inadequate :msn-oh:

16682361891_d11afbd668_z.jpg

Love the 'lane change' monitor thingy....should be standard feature on every car.

16682309841_d91beb01d3_z.jpg

Some new bits of trim around...

16065034403_ce2a9452c3_z.jpg

16683893182_7b5ab22299_z.jpg

16062621834_a07c5966d4_z.jpg

Shark fin aerialIts almost identical to the one on the BMW.

16064948783_e5a9acc05b_z.jpg

On the BMW, the 'Shark fin' has GPS and Satellite radio aerials, no idea whats in the Lexus one.

I'm not sure if the aerial spoils the lines of the car or not?? Not sure it's standard on MY15 or not, we certainly didn't specify it.

16682695712_21f19bc9bd_z.jpg

Great looker, nice colour, makes the beemer look light years old. I asked for a shark's fin on my CT but on the IS I think it looks out of place, seems to be too far back, spoils the line I think imho. Enjoy your new motor.

Regards.

Michael.

Very nice. Wonder if shark fin is attempt to improve dab and FM signal, some have complained that it is weak. USA cars had shark fin to house Sat radio aerial.

i was at the dealership today and first thing i noticed was the new style hybrid badges on the side sill. look so much better than the ones on my MY14.

so i ordered some to replace my "old" ones. £64

Dealer is sending me some photos of mine tomorrow, so I might just post them instead of taking my own. Depends on the picture quality. Soon be with you in a 15 mate :)

what software version is the nav in the new cars folks? Current release is F, interested if there has been another.

Which menu is the software version in?? Operation wise, mine has been fine, connecting to all sort of things, even home wifi, not crashed once in 300 miles/10hrs of driving.

I'll have a look tomorrow....wife has taken the car today....cannot really blame her, it is her car, and she has paid for most of it :whistling:

It's something odd like the following to get to the software version

1. Cycle the headlight switch On/OFF 3 times while holding down MENU
  2. Select service information
  3. Select version information
  4. Select EMV-M
Just out of curiosity what is the version number of your sat nav too. You need to take the little SD card out from the slot, it's just written on it.
I did have the latest back in June as 86271-53242
Cheers
Edit: Just checked http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ and there is an update from 2014 Q4, but they can kiss the north side of my backside if they think I'm paying £165 for it.

I think the software on the car is version 'D', that's the last letter in the EMV-M software bit.

Car was ordered Dec 2014, not sure what the build date is...In any case the iPhone/iPod/Sat nav connectivity is pretty much spot on, no crashes yet :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links