Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Time To Be Honest Again...

djanderso

Do you wait until the last minute to cut in during heavy traffic?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wait until the last minute to cut in during heavy traffic?

• Yes, always
    • No, Never
    • If I'm in a real hurry

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep i am gonna let people in to, and start taking walks in the park picking flowers as i go . :D  :o

Don't cut in myself. Also, I'll often leave a slight gap in front of me so that one or two can cut in - couldn't care less, life's too short B) :sleeping:

Now, where'd I put that flower basket? :whistling:

It is the people who stay in the out side lanes to the last minute that cause the congestion by rushing in at the last minute causing people behind to brake and creating a knock on affect on the people behind them.I just can,t help feeling that a traffic queue is just like any other queue ,you join it from the back and queue until you reach the front unless of course you feel you are special and have a right to push in

Have to disagree with that - it's the people who are so intent on not letting anybody merge that they sit right on each others bumpers and are constantly on the brakes that causes the ripple effect.

If two lanes are open they should both be used until the merge point and people should merge in turn (like the zipper effect mentioned earlier). If those already queueing left space between each other this would enable a steady stream of moving traffic. According to advanced driving techiniques you should leave enough space to be able to see the rear tyres of the car in front and some tarmac between you and that car when in traffic.

Why have a mile long single file queue when it could be half a mile long double width queue. If people merged then both lanes would reduce at the same rate and negate the need for people to lane swap because the other lane is moving faster.

Yes I do use the outside lane and merge before the closure but I'm quite happy to wait as long as it takes to file in. If someone genuinely believes that they have a right to be in front of me then I'm quite happy to let them have their little moment of "glory"! I really can't be bothered with pettiness at that level. B)

• 9 months later...

thought i would open up this old post to see what some of the new members thoughts are :P .as i was converted and now let everyone in first because of cause they are much more important than me :sick: and why should they queue in the same jam i have just sat in when they can just zoom up the outside . :yack:

Well i can see your point but there is no way i am going to sit in traffic for ages only for someone else to come up the outside lane and push in front of me .lets be honest if you are in a line of traffic and you see someone comming down the outside do you think "oh look someone needs to get in i will leave a gap big enough to let him in and here comes another must let him in as well " were do you stop and if everyone came down the outside lanes surely this is creating a bottle neck as people have to brake to let people in .seems to me it creates a stop start movement were as if everyone joined the inside lane further back the traffic would flow more easily .Some lorry drivers deliberately straddle the two lanes, thus preventing car drivers from using the empty lane - an unhelpful and stupid manoeuvre .the lorrys do this because they are the ones the queue jumpers target as they much slower to pull away can you imagine every time the traffic moves some one jumps in front of you must get pretty fustrating .

Also someone else has edited this post :ohmy: ,any one want to own up . :angry:.Not hard to spot the edited bit either

I sometimes zip up the outside lane and try to nip in near the merge, I also always let people in and leave a gap. I believe in if i let someone in someone will let me in

it seems to work for me, and if someone doesnt let me in, I wait till some one does I dont force my way in.

Some lorry drivers deliberately straddle the two lanes, thus preventing car drivers from using the empty lane - an unhelpful and stupid manoeuvre

So :tsktsk: annoying the :tsktsk: do this every morning at blackwall tunnel...i still used to manage to get past one way or another.....just glad i dont need to use that tunnel no more :D

As Scott says i dont push in i will wait till someone gives way ;) and i let people join in too...it dont make sence to keep the third lane that is closing empty for miles and crawl in the other two lanes from the first point of notice - if you used all three lanes right until the lanes close the tail back wont be half as long and you wont need to wait as long :duh: :duh: .....i see it from the same point of view as the article ricky put up

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links