Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Manufacturers Warranty No Longer Covers Rattles

F.A.

I have been informed that as of today (1/4/2015) by the Service Manager at my Local Main Dealer that Lexus will only cover rattles in their Manufacturers Warranty if the car is less than 18 months old or up to 20000 miles, which ever comes first. Not impressed if this is true.

If Toyota/Lexus could just build a vehicle which doesn't rattle this wouldn't be such a problem. As it is I'm not really surprised, must cost Toyota GB a fortune in warranty claims from the dealers.

Very true, but a quick search on the net also reveals that Lexus are not the only cars with such issues. The latest BMWs Audis and Mercedes all have problems with rattles in their interiors it was just that Lexus used to fix them without a fuss, but it sounds like they are following the other brands.

All comes down to the accountants pennypinching and not realising it probably costs more in warranty claims and loss of reputation than is saved. I saw the same happen at a paving manufacturer I worked for a few years ago.

My Mk1 GS300 Sport had no issues at all.

My Mk1 GS300 Sport had no issues at all.

People have very different tolerance levels for rattles. I test drove many MK1 GS300s and was shocked how many rattles and creaks they all had, worse than my Supra which shared many parts. I ended up with a MK2 GS instead which itself is very poor on rattles but it had less road noise.

I pick up on every little noise in cars and had none of real note in my MK1 GS. My GS430 is pretty rattle free too. Build quality on the Mk2 GS is not generally as good as Mk1 though. Things just don't seem as solid.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links