Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Help On Pipe Choice!

Hey I was about to go out this weekend and get a power flow pipe fitted from manifold back. But then i was reading a small review on here by fidgits who said that powerflow arent good for is200 and may loose power due to lack of backpresser.

I want to get as much power as i can and get something from the manifold back, i was going to get the prolex hi flow performance cat and the kazama muffler but thats looking at nearly 600 quid.

I was looking at more round the 500 mark if poss.

Help me as if i dont buy it soon my money will disappear (it has a bad habbit of doing this) : (

Cheers

And am i the youngest person on here with a lexus im 18 : ).

Hey I was about to go out this weekend and get a power flow pipe fitted from manifold back. But then i was reading a small review on here by fidgits who said that powerflow arent good for is200 and may loose power due to lack of backpresser.

I want to get as much power as i can and get something from the manifold back, i was going to get the prolex hi flow performance cat and the kazama muffler but thats looking at nearly 600 quid.

Help me as if i dont buy it soon my money will disappear (it has a bad habbit of doing this) : (

Cheers

Im 18 to :D i have HKS hyper back box :ph34r:

Cheers

i have the kazama,its nice,bit noisy but nice.

Cheers

Im 18 to :D i have HKS hyper back box :ph34r:

I felt special till i posted that lol

How much was the HKS hyper back box, is it noise got any pics

CHeers

Cheers

i have the kazama,its nice,bit noisy but nice.

How loud we talking got any clips or photos, have u got the high flow cat as well.

Is there a way i can get a piece of pipe which i can bolt on and off to get rid of the cat, to get best performance but then bolt on the cat for MOT ???????

CHeers

I've also got the Kazama. Great exhaust. Looks great and sounds great. Its a bit louder than OEM but the sound of the 6 cylinder is B)  :D  :driving:

Got any sound clips of it :)

Sorry mate i've not. I'm no good with computers so wouldn't know what to do anyway :blush: :mat:

A few on here have got the same so someone might post some sound clips. Failing that if you go along to one of the meets you'll be able to check one out :D

only one realy worth getting in my opinion is the HKS hiper!!

balence of power and noise, plus you can cruise on the motorway without any noise!

dont think you will see huge gains from loosing the cat at the min until you have upgraded induction etc.

Sorry im new no one else was responding to that one.

Any more ideas peeps?

Look here :

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/aipu-altezza/6-otooto.htm

I wouldn't count on it mate.

What an exhaust sounds on a Altezza is NOT what it sounds like on a IS200.

I've proven that with the Pro-lex kazama which i installed many months back...

Daza W will confirm this when we did a/b test with HKS Silent Hi-power.

I wouldn't count on it mate.

What an exhaust sounds on a Altezza is NOT what it sounds like on a IS200.

I've proven that with the Pro-lex kazama which i installed many months back...

Daza W will confirm this when we did a/b test with HKS Silent Hi-power.

Mr Singh i love your car very phat indeed u said u had the kazama wot did u think, and what can u recommend to me, want a bit of noise but not to much so the silent ones are not for me.

Cheers

Have a look HERE, top quality gear, they can make them to look how you like and how loud you want it

Cool this is what powerflow do but someone on here said that they loose power becasue of back pressure. Really want a HKS hiper or drager II.

Is the HKS hiper and hi power the same????

Have a look HERE, top quality gear, they can make them to look how you like and how loud you want it

Cool this is what powerflow do but someone on here said that they loose power becasue of back pressure. Really want a HKS hiper or drager II.

Then someone gave you bad information. They make OEM systems for TVR, Bentley, Lotus amongst others. Hardly likely they lose power, young man....

get the prolex box, its based heavily on the hks but almost 1/2 price.

I had a HKS hyper then as Prolex-uk fitted the first Kazama to my car. The Kazama is 100% stainless whereas my Hyper was not...........Performance is the same noise the same........

Most importantly the HKS Hyper is no longer available...........

I paid £300 for a s/hand Hiper..........the Kazama is £275 nuff said methinks.........

I had a HKS hyper then as Prolex-uk fitted the first Kazama to my car. The Kazama is 100% stainless whereas my Hyper was not...........Performance is the same noise the same........

Most importantly the HKS Hyper is no longer available...........

I paid £300 for a s/hand Hiper..........the Kazama is £275 nuff said methinks.........

OK sounds like thats a done deal, so does the gold member ship get me the stuff from prolex cheaper??????

best deal to start me thinks is to get a back box and an induction kit. then if you've any dosh left, either de-precat the manifold or upgrade the manifold and then the high-flow cat. that's how I'm doing mine. I'll be getting my manifold pre-cats removed in the near future

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links