Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Wonder Your P***d Off!

I dont know were to start, i'm shocked? i did a geometry for a "very" distressed member of LOC yesterday who's front tyres were worn down to the "wire" over 50% of the width from the inside in 1500 miles. The car not new but the owner suspected things were not quite right so it went back into the dealers several times and he was told "all's" well F :tsktsk: off kind of thing. I measured the geometry and the front Toe was 20.5mm Toe out, hence the violent wear.The problem we had is that the "Toe" adjusters for :excl: reason are seized solid and will need to be replaced. So i corrected to toe by using the camber so that Mr X can drive the car without tyre wear. Obviously the owner was straight on the phone to the dealer with a complaint, they ( fair play ) agreed/ offerd to replace the track rod ends and compensate for the tyre loss, but Mr X does "not" want Lexus to touch the car ever again, this i understand since the tyre condition was a "Killer". So Mr X wanted Lexus to supply the track rod ends and i would fit them, he gave me all the warranty details and set-up the conversation in advance. This is how it went:-

Repair inquiry line.

"Hello": i'm Tony....dealing with Mr X and i have been asked if you can supply the parts required as stated.

"Are" you a Lexus dealer.

"No" but Mr X has asked that the "warranty" parts can be fitted "outside" of Lexus.

"So" you are not directly connected to Lexus.

"No" but Mr X has stated he will "NOT" use the Lexus dealer in any form to correct this problem.

"Only" the dealership can repair the car.

"Sorry" but Mr X does not want the dealer to touch the car since the neglect by the dealer could have cost him his life, are you aware of this cutomers particular problem.

"Yes".

"Are" you not prepared to go an extra mile in this case and help.

"No"

"Ok" what do you suggest since Mr X will not use the dealer again?.

"Go" to another dealer and we will supply the parts needed.

Thats it, i cannot belive that even the warranty area has such a "hostile" attitude. Facts are for me i "dont" normaly deal with this area because the dealers "belittle" people like me, since my area will most times be in conflict with them, but in this case the "danger" was so bad i had to act...Scarface this is one for the "Lexfiles"

To be Continued:-

I saw this tyre  :ohmy: and Mr X has every right to be  :tsktsk: off, im surprised that it hadnt already had a blow out

SHAHZ that was the one, the warranty response in respect to those tyres was f :tsktsk: off, i'm sure you would understand that Mr X does "not" want to use the dealers again......but look at the "0" help they give, its p***d me off and its not even my car.

Has Mr X made a call to Lexus GB?

I would say that the dealer is quite within their rights to refuse to supply warranty parts to a third party fitter. The only way around it would be for Mr X to buy the parts himself, have them fitted and then sue the dealer in the small claims court. Given that the dealer has already admitted liability it should be fairly straightforward.

A call to trading standards may also help.

I would say that the dealer is quite within their rights to refuse to supply warranty parts to a third party fitter.

It's not so much supply of the parts but the attitude that makes me mad :angry:

Has Mr X made a call to Lexus GB?

I would say that the dealer is quite within their rights to refuse to supply warranty parts to a third party fitter. The only way around it would be for Mr X to buy the parts himself, have them fitted and then sue the dealer in the small claims court. Given that the dealer has already admitted liability it should be fairly straightforward.

A call to trading standards may also help.

You are right, they "can" refuse to supply and i fully understand that, its just the way this case has been dealt with that sucks. Mr X has a IS200 and is a member but does not post in the forum, thats why he is X, Lexus will supply the parts FOC but they issist they also fit then, X is so F :tsktsk: OFF with them all if any "trust" has well gone, ( little me is in the middle ) :crybaby:

I saw this tyre  :ohmy: and Mr X has every right to be  :tsktsk: off, im surprised that it hadnt already had a blow out

SHAHZ that was the one, the warranty response in respect to those tyres was f :tsktsk: off, i'm sure you would understand that Mr X does "not" want to use the dealers again......but look at the "0" help they give, its p***d me off and its not even my car.

I had problems with the dealer i bought my car from, and they were not very helpful either, until i made contact with Lex GB, who got things moving a little, dealer still didnt want to help in the end Lex GB wasnt much help either, i had to compromise with the dealer to get an end result, it was a long process but it was almost a year before things were sorted......Mr X dont give up, keep on at them and get some sort of compensation..... :whistling: i managed to get money back that i paid for the car and some free parts :D ...never went back to the dealership again

I would say that the dealer is quite within their rights to refuse to supply warranty parts to a third party fitter.

No way am I condoning the dealer, just that this is where it all stands from a legal perspective, their attitude is disgusting!

I would take the small claims court option personally, it's dead easy to do - you don't need a solicitor, there is a very small fee to pay and when you win you'll be awarded your costs and the dealer will be "named and shamed" in the eyes of the law.

A lot of the repondents in small claims hearings (especially big companies) don't even bother to show up, so you'll win your case without even having to speak.

I can see his point but.. to avoid to much hastle.

Let them fit it, and maybe you can check the work?  :tomato:

Most times that would be the case...but this time in veiw X is F :tsktsk: K off with the dealer he is adamant they do not touch the car, and to be fair the tyres were some of the worst iv'e seen "SHAHZ" tell em...

I am actually Mr X and I am overwhelmed by your response to my problem. Thanx guys !! I am awaiting a reply from the head of the dealership before taking the matter further (this depends on the reply of course !!) How do I initiate the small claims court option ? :question:

I am actually Mr X and I am overwhelmed by your response to my problem. Thanx guys !! I am awaiting a reply from the head of the dealership before taking the matter further (this depends on the reply of course !!) How do I initiate the small claims court option ? :question:

if you contact trading standards and explain to them they are very helpfull and love cases like this,they will point you in the right direction,or just pop into see your local solicitor .

How annoying is it that one dealer/supplier can dirty the generally good reputation of Lexus dealers. Things like this almost make me not want to take my car to a Lexus garage to get work done. That really stinks and I hope 'Mr X' can get things sorted out.

I must say that I thoroughly recommend Tony of Wheels-in-Motion to anyone having any problems resembling mine. His sterling effort has now made my car drive like new nah !!! better than new !!!! (considering new cars are sold by Lexus dealers !!!!!!) :)

Scarface, how would you deal with this? on the road the front tyres were 50% down to the wire relative to the tyre width, this customer had concerns with the car and had made deliberate attempts with Lexus to solve an unknown problem, through no fault "directly" the owner was on the road with "killer" tyres, if you stoped the car how would "you" deal with this...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links