Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Few New Toys

sparkystav

Well today has been a long day as spent the day at Charlesworth motors getting a couple of new toys fitted to the Lex.

First off is a standard manifold but with the Pre-cats taken out,

Not a massive mod but it all makes a difference, and first thanks to Steve for taking the charger off to change it and then re-fitting it Properly with all the little tip and ways of dong it he's learnt while fitting all the others.

Secondly i have a Pro-Lex intercooler fitted,

This took quite a while to fit as Steve is such a perfectionist but well well worth it in the end. It looks fantastic.

Many many thanks to Steve and Si for all the hard work today and doing such a fantastic job. And moving everything around cause my car could fit on the ramp they'd planned it too cause it was too low.

The old intercooler:

OldIntercooler.jpg

The new one next to my bumper:

Intercooler4.jpg

And fitted:

Intercooler7.jpg

And the final view:

Intercooler.jpg

Thirdly, and here's my plug:

I got an Earthing kit from Groundingkits.co.uk.

Now this won't give you any Bhp but they can return Bhp lost from the engine by bad earths.

Peter from Groundingkits.co.uk makes car specific kits so i emailed him about making one for the IS200.

He asked me for a load of pictures of the engine bay then sent me a custom made kit,

I tried it on the car and then emailed back a couple of suggestions to him, he took them on board and sent me out a new and improved kit and this was the final kit.

I said i'd do him a plug on here cause he really was great to deal with and the kit looks great.

He's away till Sunday but if you want to contact him he'll update his website and answer emails after then.

Earthingfinal8.jpg

Earhingfittedfinalagain.jpg

Anyway, theres my new mods from the last few weeks.

The car feels so much more responsive and quicker from all of these mods and i absolutley love it.

Got to stop now and start saving for the ring in Easter.

Stav

Looks good B)

How much difference do the larger intercoolers make? Just wondering how they perform as so much of it is behind bumper/crashbar/trim, so won't get any airflow. Or is just the principle of less restriction due to the bigger area?

What sort of price is the earthing kit? Is it worth getting one for a non-modded GS300?

Stav, have you done anything with the fuelling or a/f ratios?

You got another dyno session booked then to see how much gain the i/c makes ;)

Nothing with the Ratio's mate, but yes i've put my name down on the Rolling road Gord's organising so should see what happens then.

Looks good B)

How much difference do the larger intercoolers make? Just wondering how they perform as so much of it is behind bumper/crashbar/trim, so won't get any airflow. Or is just the principle of less restriction due to the bigger area?

What sort of price is the earthing kit? Is it worth getting one for a non-modded GS300?

Not too sure how the cooler will make a difference mate but i suppose the more cooler air can't hurt it at all but like i said we'll see at the rolling road.

The Grounding kit should be good even for an unmodded GS300 as it restores the bhp lost by bad earths. And these can get worse over time so it can only help.

Stav

So, let me just clarify and confirm, you've basically strapped the intercooler to the STANDARD TTE Compressor setup - that's it? Just making sure and double checking after all the results recently posted on here that are said to be fitted to a standard setup.

Cheers,

Jamie

Well apart from the induction kit, yes a standard TTE compressor setup.

What results? i thought there wasn't any offical results yet?

Stav

Nice one Stav man,larger intercooler looks miles better,i was gonna get one just for the looks alone.I reckon it will make the car look even more aggressive if you take the mesh off the front,then people will hear and see whats goin on.

Was thinking about maybe some thing to show it off a bit more, but not sure about removing the mesh completely.

Maybe some lighter coloured, larger holed slightly mesh would look better.

Stav

stav,

did you notice any difference following the earthing kit fitment?? audio etc etc??

how easy was it to fit?

also, with me having the TTE airbox in place, would i need a different earthing kit?

cheers

rob

The audio seems to has less feedback through it, but with all the mods fitted together couldn't notice what made what difference.

I def recommend one though cause anything to help with power can only be good lol

No you won't need a different kit mate just to take it off to fit it, but then it'll fit straight back on again no problem.

Stav

well the kind of point to it is to earth the engine and therefore all the electrics concerned so it would kind of defeat the object if it didn't got to the engine.

You can see all the cable by the engine and the one going to the chassis by the engine.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links