Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello,

First time here and after a little advice.

Never owned a Lexus before but really like the look of this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181736138995?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and just wondered what peoples thoughts of it were and is it worth going for?

Any advice on what to look for if I go and see it and any details that you can pick up from the pictures.?

Things I have noticed is the seperate rear fog light - does this mean it could be an import?

Also wondering why it has a Toyota badged steering wheel. Wondered if maybe it has had a front shunt at some point which fired the airbags and so a new wheel was required !!

Thanks

Graham

Yes definitely a Japanese Toyota Harrier import. Easy to change a few badges but the cost of a new airbag assembly or rear light clusters gets too expensive. I suspect the fuel computer etc on the centre screen may not be in English and potential issues with the FM radio not covering all of our frequencies.

Nothing fundamentally wrong with an import but initial service history and mileage cannot really be verified. For the series I RX the main two things to look out for is emissions if the catalyst is no longer working as well as it should and make sure the gearbox is performing as it should - I'd test drive one or two others so you have a comparison and check the colour of the transmission fluid to see it is red (good) or very dark.

I would also ask a few questions about the LPG conversion... how old is it, whether it was done prior to importing the car or in the UK, and if in the UK by which company.

I don't know much about LPG conversions - some others on this forum will be able to give you some advice - but I do know that the quality of the installation does vary a lot. Once you know who the installer was, you may be able to check on its reputation etc...

• Like 1

PS. I think it's way over priced for what it is... and still for sale ( I wonder if that also tells a story? )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links