Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Prices for top-notch Mk4's seem to be going up and up. Even so, realistically, I would offer no more than £5K for the autotrader car if I was interested. Nice example though. Be interesting to see what it eventually goes for.

this one is on auto trader - looks as good as it sounds - makes the 5K one which was one gumtree a few weeks ago a look like a bargain

It makes the one recently at 5k a hell of a bargain because its the same one, I sold it to a guy in Scotland who said he was helping his dad buy it as he was a lexus enthusiast and really missed his old one which he was forced to sell, because I thought it was going to an enthusiast who would continue to look after it As I had done I let it go for 4k as I was fed up of constantly changing my mind over whether to sell it or not. Low and behold 4 weeks later its now being advertised for £7k!!! If he makes £3k profit off it in 4 weeks I am definately going into the used car game.

Last time I do anyone a favour for a sob story. Best of luck to the guy if he can get £7k for it, if he does I can at least take some pride in the way I looked after it for the last 10 years.

Have to laugh at the best car he has ever owned line though, he hasn't had it more than 4 weeks....

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

now reduced to £6k

Regardless of what I may think of the tactics employed in purchasing the car from me, as the owner of the car for 10 years from 7,500 miles to its present mileage I have to say that I think £6k is a fair price for the car. I doubt that anyone purchasing the car at that price would have cause to complain as the car is what I consider to be immaculate inside and out.

I have replaced it with a 2007 SC430 with 42k miles and a 2007 RX350 with 56k miles and despite being almost 10 years newer and similar or less miles neither of them come close to the condition of the LS400 when I sold it back in August.

I have nothing to gain by saying so, and under the circumstances I am not looking to do the guy who bought it from me any favours but that car needs to be owned by someone who can appreciate it and would be well worth a look by anyone who is looking for an exceptional LS400.

Personally I don't think any Ls400 is worth £5k at the moment let alone 6 or 7.

It hasn't reached a classic status and isn't very popular. To most people it's just a big engined, gas guzzling dull saloon.

• Like 1

now reduced to £6k

Regardless of what I may think of the tactics employed in purchasing the car from me, as the owner of the car for 10 years from 7,500 miles to its present mileage I have to say that I think £6k is a fair price for the car. I doubt that anyone purchasing the car at that price would have cause to complain as the car is what I consider to be immaculate inside and out.

I have replaced it with a 2007 SC430 with 42k miles and a 2007 RX350 with 56k miles and despite being almost 10 years newer and similar or less miles neither of them come close to the condition of the LS400 when I sold it back in August.

I have nothing to gain by saying so, and under the circumstances I am not looking to do the guy who bought it from me any favours but that car needs to be owned by someone who can appreciate it and would be well worth a look by anyone who is looking for an exceptional LS400.

this was not on auto trader for a couple of days - now its back - so didnt sell the first time round so has been relisted

• 4 weeks later...

its on auto trader - look under ls400s - last car - gold one

Gold...apologies to those who have a gold Lexus as condition over-rules colour...but this is not a premium price colour.

By the way, £7k seems to be the magic trade price for a non-classic, low mileage motor of any marque that has good history...the break out price or bounce back price from a very low guide/market price. Has been for years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links